Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 313

Thread: Teen shot to death during home invasion

  1. #211
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    No its just pointless argueing with you. I know ill be here refuting your claims all day and you'll just be throwing out the same stuff and ill have to repeat myself.

    At least give me this.

    Do you realize drugs:

    A) Destroys lives
    B) Are harmful to our mental and physical health
    C) Highly addictive.
    If you had actually read what I wrote, which you chose to IGNORANTLY gloss over in favor of resorting to ad hom, you'd know I have ten times the knowledge of the negative affects of drugs that you probably do.

    I can't even continue this conversation since I am, for the first time on DP, too angry to control myself over your ad hom attacks and your accusations that I use drugs.

    Do not seek to engage me in this discussion again.

  2. #212
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If you had actually read what I wrote, which you chose to IGNORANTLY gloss over in favor of resorting to ad hom, you'd know I have ten times the knowledge of the negative affects of drugs that you probably do.
    Yeah yeah read that. I didnt resort to ad hom i just accused you of being stoned out or by having a personal agenda otherwise id be infractured by you, wouldnt i?

    I can't even continue this conversation since I am, for the first time on DP, too angry to control myself over your ad hom attacks and your accusations that I use drugs.

    Do not seek to engage me in this discussion again.
    Fine by me.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  3. #213
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Yeah yeah read that. I didnt resort to ad hom i just accused you of being stoned out or by having a personal agenda otherwise id be infractured by you, wouldnt i?
    An accusation towards the person is literally an ad hom argument.

  4. #214
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    An accusation towards the person is literally an ad hom argument.
    Why are you so angry anyway?
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  5. #215
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Why are you so angry anyway?
    Because I don't appreciate being accused of doing drugs when I have buried enough of my friends to know full well the dangers of drugs AND the futility of the current war on drugs.

  6. #216
    Sage
    kaya'08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    British Turk
    Last Seen
    05-12-14 @ 01:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    6,363

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Because I don't appreciate being accused of doing drugs when I have buried enough of my friends to know full well the dangers of drugs AND the futility of the current war on drugs.
    Well no offence but advocate legalization and you'll be burying a whole lot more.
    "If religious instruction were not allowed until the child had attained the age of reason, we would be living in quite a different world" - Christopher Hitchens
    > Good to be back, but I'm only visiting for a few weeks. <

  7. #217
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Jesus Christ you make Andy Dick look like ****ing George Carlin. (The word ****ing used in honor of the late Mr. Carlin, RIP)

    Your post was complete and utter idiocy. A disgrace to comedy if meant to be comedic and frankly an insult to intelligence if it was supposed to be serious.

    If it was meant to be comedic it wasn't even rooted in a tad bit of realism and was so poorly executed I don't believe you'd even have gotten a 5 year old to chuckle at it if you farted at the end.

    If it was meant to be serious, then its just god damn retarded to be perfectly blunt. Unless you're ignorant enough about this issue to assume that anyone that does drugs of any kind (whoop! My bad, not any kind, because you seem to want to ignore that Alcohol its technically a drug. Sorry, I guess I shouldn't use facts and common sense in this) OR you're actually advocating the whole sale slaughter of people for doing something, in your hypothetical, is completely legal, then it makes no sense seriously.

    Then you respond with a gem like the one quoted above? No, no Jerry. No matter how much you want to delude yourself in this, no matter how much you want to plug your ears and go "Wahh, why aren't people agreeing with my great intellect!", people are not "joking" when they say legalize drugs.

    See, unlike your idiotic blather up above, they back it up with facts. They generally have thought out opinions based on historical information, researched fact, or at least anecdotal evidence of some kind which even your above "Joke" or serious post seemed to lack.

    There is no "joke" here. A "joke" for legalizing drugs would be "I was going to go protest the drug laws....but then I got high." or some other mildly entertaining little quip. Stating "I believe we should legalize drugs as history shows us that when you remove prohibition of a substance from the equation the illegal factions having a hand in it lose power, the quality and safety of the product go up, and the removal of incentive to sell to children and 'younger people' as often as adults" is not a "joke" but is legitimate, political discourse. Perhaps try it, you may have more enjoyable and worth while conversations in this thread if you do so.
    Right, see exactly like those who say "legalize private ownership or missiles, VX gas and ICBMs"...or.."ban all guns"....or "legalize all elective abortion"...or "ban all abortion"...it's utter nonsense. It's been my experience that those who forward those arguments do so to vent emotion about a totally unrelated event in their personal life.

    However well intentioned on the face of it, their not to be taken seriously.

  8. #218
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,984

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    Ive given you my reason why ending the ban on drugs wont end **** for the cartels.
    And he's given his. Why are yours any more "factual" than his?

    Ive told you already im not going to repeat myself. I know for a fact that stopping and illegalizing drugs will be far more effective from protecting the public then legalizing it, its common sense.
    You know jack for "fact". You BELIEVE that it will be far more effective but you know nothing as "fact". Yours is based off nothing but opinion based on the evidence you choose to look at, much like his. Yours is no more FACTUAL than his nor more common sense as its ALSO common sense to look at HISTORY and see correlations there.

    Look you know i wont even reply to your quotes. I think your so damn spaced out right now or your probably just a stoner with a personal agenda behind the legalization but either way your points are stupid, you have nothing to back them up with which is why nobody ever will and has taken your point seriously and will remain as such.
    I'm sorry but this is wrong on so many levels.

    First off your initial point is one of the most ignorant things I've seen on here. One does not have to do drugs to advocate these points, indeed many on this forum have stated they've never done them but advocate it (myself being one of those; my government security clearance depended on it). For you to make such a low, disgraceful, downright insulting accusation is disgusting and frankly pathetic and speaks more to your arguments and your emotional investment over rational thought on this than anything you've stated.

    Second, you are either willfully not reading anything, amazingly stubborn, or just absurdly ignorant on this particular subject. While you may or may not agree with Tucker's points he has given definitive, factual, legitimate points. He's pointed not only at anecdotal evidence but historical evidence and provided just as many, if not MORE, facts than you. For you to shrug off his points shows that you're not here for debate, nor rational discourse, nor actual discussions but to shout your little lines over and over and over again refusing to give credence to anything outside of your tiny little world, resorting to insulting a person directly at their core rather than dealing with their actual arguments.

    Quote Originally Posted by kaya'08 View Post
    No its just pointless argueing with you. I know ill be here refuting your claims all day and you'll just be throwing out the same stuff and ill have to repeat myself.
    You've barely refuted a single thing he's said other than going "That's dumb". That's not refuting, that's coping out because you can't deal with the facts he presents.

    Do you realize drugs:

    A) Destroys lives
    B) Are harmful to our mental and physical health
    C) Highly addictive.
    The same can be said about cigarettes, fried foods, video games, alcohol, and more. Shall we ban them all as well?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Right, see exactly like those who say "legalize private ownership or missiles, VX gas and ICBMs"...or.."ban all guns"....or "legalize all elective abortion"...or "ban all abortion"...it's utter nonsense. It's been my experience that those who forward those arguments do so to vent emotion about a totally unrelated event in their personal life.
    The irony of this is the first hilarious thing you've actually stated so far in this thread.

  9. #219
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:54 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,159

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    ...enters cautiously and looks for something sturdy to take cover behind...


    I lost two cousins to overdose, know a couple of people who died in drug-related crimes. Was a cop, seen a-plenty. Don't do drugs, don't even drink anything stronger than coffee.

    I support legalization, reluctantly, for the following reasons:
    We aren't winning the WoD, I was on the front lines and that's what I saw.
    Almost all of those who want to do drugs are already doing them. The laws against buying, possession and use don't seem to stop anybody who wants the stuff.
    There's a lot of violence related to the drug trade, and the immense wealth in the drug black-market insures that everytime you bust one dealer, there's two more ready to step into his shoes. Legalization would bankrupt the gangs and cartels, and bring most of the violence to a stop.
    For four decades, I've watched law enforcement's powers to search and seize, even on little more than mere suspicion, expand; nowadays your house, car and bank account can be confiscated before you are even put on trial, and getting them back even if acquitted can be extremely hard and long process.

    If you study the effects of Prohibition in the 1920's and 30's, and look at the Drugwar today...then study what happened when Prohibition was repealed, how the mob lost most of its revenue and violence declined...it is hard to remain in favor of continuing the WoD, even if you hate drugs with a passion, as I do.



    Goshin (<-not a stoner, straight edge forever baby )

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  10. #220
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    An accusation towards the person is literally an ad hom argument.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If you had actually read what I wrote, which you chose to IGNORANTLY gloss over in favor of resorting to ad hom,....
    .........

Page 22 of 32 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •