Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 313

Thread: Teen shot to death during home invasion

  1. #91
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    I'm strongly advising you not continuing this line with me any further.
    I've been trying to stop for pages now but you keep going even after I report your posts.

  2. #92
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Since when do people ask for sources when looking for clarification?
    Uh, since the beginning of time?

    I've been here for about 4 years and that's the way it's always been. Always.

    I wanted to know where you were getting that opinion from and I linked for you where I was getting mine from.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    If you truly didn't understand the argument, why would you ask for a source to something I never stated?
    All you had to say was "that's not what I meant".

    It is possible for people to misinterpret your posts, you know. It could be completely my fault and you still don't have to go off.

  3. #93
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I've been trying to stop for pages now but you keep going even after I report your posts.
    You've been trying to stop calling me names?

  4. #94
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You've been trying to stop calling me names?
    I said you were acting like a dick, I didn't call you a dick.

    That's not flame.

    Next time I could say your acting like a "jerk" to be more in line with the language of the forum rules your braking if you would like.
    Last edited by Jerry; 07-31-09 at 04:18 PM.

  5. #95
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    If any of you feel the need to be insulting and call someone names, by all means use me. I enjoy that activity. Some of the insults I have received have been quite original and humorous.
    Last edited by a777pilot; 07-31-09 at 04:20 PM.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  6. #96
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    10-26-10 @ 06:34 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    24,978

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    You've been trying to stop calling me names?
    Ever heard of Tourette's?
    Dick, dick, dickdick... d-d-d-dick.

    Oops, sorry. / twitch.

  7. #97
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Uh, since the beginning of time?
    No, they ask for sources to discover the VALIDITY of a point. Clarification, as in trying to gain a greater understanding; to remove confusion, comes through direct questioning of the meaning of the post.

    I've been here for about 4 years and that's the way it's always been. Always.
    I've been here for a year and I've never once seen anyone ask for a source in order to gain a better understanding of a post. Only to determine the validity of their statements.

    I wanted to know where you were getting that opinion from and I linked for you where I was getting mine from.
    You never understood my opinion. Your link had nothing to do with my opinion. It was not a rebuttal of my opinion. It was essentially a non-sequitor.

    The reason you fell into this error was because instead of seeking CLARIFICATION on my point, you just made an ASSUMPTION about my point, and then sought to receive evidence to support the assumed position -which was never mine to begin with- and offered your rebuttal opinion based on that assumption. Hence the strawman accusation. You gave your opinion based on an innacurate interpretation of mine.

    Then, when you offered your "source" for your opinion, even though I asked for a source from where anyone made the "more drugs = less crime" argument you portrayed as my point, I actually offered clarification of what I meant, by showing that what you were talking about bore no relationship to what I was talking about whatsoever.



    All you had to say was "that's not what I meant".
    And all you had to say was "What do you mean" instead of posing a loaded question based on a strawman, which may or may not have been accidental.

    But in the future, in order to prevent "accidental" fallacies and the reactions they will always inspire, you should first seek legitimate clarification on a point BEFORE trying to ask direct questions about your perceptions of that point based on your incorrect assumptions.

    It is possible for people to misinterpret your posts, you know. It could be completely my fault and you still don't have to go off.
    I never went "off". I simply presented a full explanation of precisely WHY your comments had no logical relationship to mine.

    My first response was "Who said anything about "more drugs = less crime"" (this qualifies as seeking clarification because it actually asks a question instead of posing a statement as a question to illustrate confusion).

    That was supposed to be an indicator that I was indeed not making that point which you mistakenly thought I was, and I was wondering who did in fact make that point.

    You responded in such a way that it seemed clear that you were indeed asking me for something which I had never presented.

    My next post explained why the question you asked was both a strawman and a loaded question. You claim that these fallacies were accidental, which is totally possible.


    I'm sorry I took it to be intentional. I was under the impression that you do this so often in debates on purpose. It honestly never crossed my mind that this consistent behavior on your part was inadvertent.

    For that assumption on my part, I apologize. I will be more understanding of this in the future, as I now understand that you do this because you honestly don't understand the points people make, and it is not willfully distorting other people's points in order to use your existing arguments against these distorted points so that you can trap them into debating you in your comfort zone.

    I had always assumed it was the latter situation, now I understand it is the former situation. I will act accordingly when it happens again and just tell you that was not the point I was making in clear and concise words so that misinterpretation cannot occur (my error here was assuming that by asking who made such a point it would be strongly implied that I had never made such a point. clearly that wasn't enough. From now on, I will make sure to respond with a much lesser degree of subtlety)


    But again, I never "went off". I simply tried to point out that fallacies were indeed present in your responses to me.

  8. #98
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I said you were acting like a dick, I didn't call you a dick.

    That's not flame.

    Next time I could say your acting like a "jerk" to be more in line with the language of the forum rules your braking if you would like.
    Of course, I'm not actually breaking any rules by pointing out logical fallacies.

  9. #99
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Jerry, Tucker:

    Get a room.

  10. #100
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: Teen shot to death during home invasion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Jerry, Tucker:

    Get a room.
    Do NOT post the pictures.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •