Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 115

Thread: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

  1. #91
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    10-20-11 @ 03:44 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    371

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    What spin? I don't care if I support Muslims. I'm not threatened by buying items from China or buying oil from the Middle East. It's a global economy and I don't believe that every Muslim is some radical extremist trying to kill me. The way some Conservatives feel about Muslims though...
    Excuse me, you stated earlier "Keep supporting those Muslims you care so much about in the Middle East" or something to that affect. Now when analyzing that statement you either ment A) Keep supporting the Radical Muslims or B) Keep supporting the average Muslim. I am going to assume the poster you were attacking worries about the radical faction, you know the ones who attacked us on 9/11? Not the average, sane, normal peace loving muslim, you know the "non radicals"?

    You basically ridiculed the poster for using a SUV that gets money from Saudi Arabia, than when he says "you do the same thing, aka with a computer" you say "i'm not afraid of supporting Saudi Arabia or the radicals" Pretty much in a nutshell. By the way, I have met retarded liberals, conservatives, libertarians, Independants, whites, blacks, etc etc, there are dumb racist people everywhere you look so don't think it's just conservatives.

  2. #92
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post
    Creating demand for products creates jobs.
    You can't create demand. Now, that is foolish. Only consumers can create demand



    Quote Originally Posted by Smoke[MaxX] View Post
    I didn't realize new cars were invincible. Our kids are going to be paying for the stimulus package right? If all of the cars on the market are breaking down now (providing jobs for contemporary mechanics) but new cars don't break down, you're proposing having less jobs for our children? Since the next generation is going to be paying for the stimulus package, why not set them up with jobs in the future when the cars we sell today are going to be breaking down?

    Well, you got the, "spin, spin, spin", part right.
    Last edited by apdst; 08-03-09 at 05:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #93
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-24-09 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    18

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post
    Creating demand for products creates jobs.
    The government cannot "create demand" for a product. They can promote a produce thru incentives, but they cannot create demand.

    The consumer market creates demand based on a number of factors. Need, cost, the amount of disposable income available and the value one places on the good or service in question are factors involved in creating product demand. Having the government confiscate money from one group of people and then offering it to another group of people to guide their product choice is not creating demand. It is incentivizing a market already with a demand with confiscated money.

  4. #94
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    08-12-09 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    22

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    To much drama in that one. I don't think that it's credible to say that car ehaust causes canser, yet.





    Lazy ass people who are encouraged to live on the government tit, creates a welfare class. You're really reaching, if you say that people are on welfare is the fault of rich folks.
    Rich folk aren't to blame. They pray and tithe. They are the good guys. Its those who who don't look right, don't act right, don't eat right, aren't educated, they're to blame.

    If there are ten items and there is money enough to buy nine items what is the expected outcome if the field is a fair one?

    At least one guy doesn't get an item. Is he lazy because he either hasn't the money or the item? Or is the supply demand ratio such that some must be without items.

    Some things don't require generated demand, the demand is constant. If it is rigged that some are favored for positions is is not reasonable to conclude that some of those not favored will not get jobs if since there cannot be enough supply in a market economy.

  5. #95
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You can't create demand. Now, that is foolish. Only the market can create demand

    .
    Dude "you" ARE the market. Who would have bought a million ShamWOW's without some idiot creating demand?

  6. #96
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    08-12-09 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    22

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by GetAClue View Post
    The government cannot "create demand" for a product. They can promote a produce thru incentives, but they cannot create demand.

    The consumer market creates demand based on a number of factors. Need, cost, the amount of disposable income available and the value one places on the good or service in question are factors involved in creating product demand. Having the government confiscate money from one group of people and then offering it to another group of people to guide their product choice is not creating demand. It is incentivizing a market already with a demand with confiscated money.
    If I confiscate enough money from one individual to provide 1000 people with enough money to meed their needs (demands) I am generating demand from taxes. Your model fails because you don't correct for units (buying and using).

  7. #97
    User
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Ohio
    Last Seen
    11-24-09 @ 01:40 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    18

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post
    Rich folk aren't to blame. They pray and tithe. They are the good guys. Its those who who don't look right, don't act right, don't eat right, aren't educated, they're to blame.

    If there are ten items and there is money enough to buy nine items what is the expected outcome if the field is a fair one?

    At least one guy doesn't get an item. Is he lazy because he either hasn't the money or the item? Or is the supply demand ratio such that some must be without items.

    Some things don't require generated demand, the demand is constant. If it is rigged that some are favored for positions is is not reasonable to conclude that some of those not favored will not get jobs if since there cannot be enough supply in a market economy.
    The only rigging of the supply and demand chain is by our government. All things being equal and without government interference, the laws of supply and demand work. If there is a demand for an item with resources available to purchase the item, the market will respond by producing more of the item.

    However, when you introduce government incentives or disincentives into the picture, you are artificially tipping the scales of supply and demand in the favor of a product or service that best suits a political agenda as opposed to the wants and needs of the market.

  8. #98
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post
    Rich folk aren't to blame. They pray and tithe. They are the good guys. Its those who who don't look right, don't act right, don't eat right, aren't educated, they're to blame.

    If there are ten items and there is money enough to buy nine items what is the expected outcome if the field is a fair one?

    You buy nine items. It's called, "prioritizing", which means if you have to choose between a can of beans for supper and a 6-pack of beer, you buy the beans.

    At least one guy doesn't get an item. Is he lazy because he either hasn't the money or the item? Or is the supply demand ratio such that some must be without items.

    Some things don't require generated demand, the demand is constant. If it is rigged that some are favored for positions is is not reasonable to conclude that some of those not favored will not get jobs if since there cannot be enough supply in a market economy.

    It's called, "personal responsibility", and at some point every living person has to take their share. I'm not educated, I don't eat right and some times don't act right and I've been quite successful. And, why? Because I got off my ass, out into the big bad world and worked like hell to get what I have. I'm white and male, so I didn't get any special breaks from anyone. Who the hell are you to tell me I don't deserve it, or that I need to give it to someone else who doesn't have anough ambition to pay their own light bill?

    It appears that your answer, is to make everybody poor, then that way the playing field will be equal, in your mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #99
    User
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    08-12-09 @ 03:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    22

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Dude "you" ARE the market. Who would have bought a million ShamWOW's without some idiot creating demand?
    Probably not. However I would have bought bread, meat, milk, vegatables, energy, shelter, without someone 'creating' demand. I'm wondering what idiot(s) came up with the idea that it was good business over produce farm products just because he wanted to gain advantage by driving prices down so others would have to sell their land to him.

  10. #100
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,356

    Re: Govt to suspend Cash for Clunkers program

    Quote Originally Posted by fromderinside View Post
    If I confiscate enough money from one individual to provide 1000 people with enough money to meed their needs (demands) I am generating demand from taxes. Your model fails because you don't correct for units (buying and using).
    That's an idiotic and suicidal policy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •