Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 241

Thread: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    So, when looking for Muslim terrorists who do we need to profile?
    That's the point EVERYONE needs to be searched because as we have seen it isn't just "arab" looking folks.

  2. #52
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Well, to qualify as a terrorist one has to have an agenda, or be a part of a movement that is furthered by a terror campaign. Otherwise, we're just talking about a few lone wolf nut jobs.
    And that isn't just the "Arab" looking folks.

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    12-15-09 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    326

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    To name a few "biggies" Oklahoma city, Atlanta summer games, Alphabet bomber, Unabomber....
    The above are all random terrorist attacks committed by kooks, crazies, and flakes. What does that have to do with the thousands of Islamic terrorist attacks that are occurring all around the world and are always justified via verses of the Koran, ahadith, and the writings of Islamic exegetes (scholars)?

    Not to mention that the 9/11 Islamic terrorist attacks trumps them all!

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You'll never be able to pin all that on Conservatives, bro.
    Hmmmmm A Republican president increasing big government whom conservatives VOTED FOR.

  5. #55
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbeaux View Post
    Of course, as usual the Muslims will claim as a defense that Islam is being misunderstood and misinterpreted, and that the people involved are all standup individuals that couldn’t harm a flea much less kafirs.

    I urge everyone to study the text, tenants, and history of Islam. While there many different sects of Islam and many divisions within the camp of Islam, the ulema of all 4 major schools of Islamic jurisprudence that governs Islam in totality all unanimously agree in the universality of the obligation to make the world sovereign for Allah via the imposition of Sharia. All 4 major schools of Islamic jurisprudence also agree on the universal obligation for jihad as well.

    Now jihad doesn’t just necessarily consist of only terrorism, as there are many different kinds of jihad that Muslims employ and, as a matter of fact, nearly all of them operate below the radar of the public’s scrutiny via stealth, and nearly all of them involve deception in some form. In fact, deception goes hand in hand with Islam as Muhammad famously said, “that war is deceit.”

    In any event, it is time for more and more people to open up their eyes and begin realizing what is taking place right under our noses, and not only in the USA but also all over the world. In fact, learning how Muslims deceptively operate in other parts of the world that have entertained Muslim immigration for much longer than we have is an excellent way to learn about Islam and how so very deceptive it is.
    Welcome to DP ...

    The ignorance dripping from this post about Islam is enough for me to scratch my own eyes out.

    I have a feeling we will be clashing soon enough but enjoy your stay


  6. #56
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Other than being politically correct, what is your common sense and forsight going to accomplish?
    Obviously holding everyone to the same standard would mean that every potential terrorist is given the same degree of scrutiny.

    What does excluding non-muslim-looking folks in order to focus only on muslim-looking folks accomplish besides making non-muslim looking terrorists more likely to be successful?

    If common sense and taking the best approach that does the most protecting is PC, then I guess I'm being PC.





    Please don't put words into my mouth. I'm sure you're smarter than that
    Sarcastically pointing out the absurdity of your arguments is not putting words in your mouth.

    I mean, I guess I could have just created an equally asinine hypothetical that has no basis in reality in order to back up a non-existent point in response to you doing this, but unfortunately I have a legitimate point that is supported by evidence and you cannnot cite evidence, so instead you MUST rely on an asinine hypothetical because your argument contains no substance.



    How many casualties have the nut jobs produce vs. the Islamists?
    Before 9/11, how many casualties did the Islamists have against the US? Are you giving them top billing because one attack was successful? Prior to that they really didn't cause many fatalities of US civilians at all. Maybe a couple of dozen. One attack changed all that.

    Any group is capable of making such an attack. It really wasn't hard.

    Over-focussing on one group only makes it easier for another group to pull off something similar.

    Instead of doing that, give EVERYONE the same degree of scrutiny.

    Over-focussing leads to over-looking.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbeaux View Post
    In any event, it is time for more and more people to open up their eyes and begin realizing what is taking place right under our noses, and not only in the USA but also all over the world. In fact, learning how Muslims deceptively operate in other parts of the world that have entertained Muslim immigration for much longer than we have is an excellent way to learn about Islam and how so very deceptive it is.
    It's comments like this that are remnants of how the Nazis felt about the jews. Full of hate, generalizations, and false sterotypes.

  8. #58
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbeaux View Post
    The above are all random terrorist attacks committed by kooks, crazies, and flakes.
    So? Does that make their bombs less effective? does that make their killing less horrible?



    Not to mention that the 9/11 Islamic terrorist attacks trumps them all!
    And if we focus all our efforts on stopping 9/11, which ain't EVER happening again, something worse will occur.

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    12-15-09 @ 11:30 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    326

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    Common sense = not all terrorists are muslim
    Just out of curiosity, can you point to any single incidence of violence, attack, are war against non-Muslims or Muslims alike anywhere in the world and during any period of time for that matter when the Muslims involved didn't resort to the tactics of terrorism in emulation of their prophet, Muhammad, the uswa hasana, the perfect model and excellent example for emulation, and instead where the Muslims involved abided by the rules of engagement as set forth in the Geneva Conventions?

  10. #60
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Seven NC men charged as international "jihad" group

    Quote Originally Posted by Turbeaux View Post
    Just out of curiosity, can you point to any single incidence of violence, attack, are war against non-Muslims or Muslims alike anywhere in the world and during any period of time for that matter when the Muslims involved didn't resort to the tactics of terrorism in emulation of their prophet, Muhammad, the uswa hasana, the perfect model and excellent example for emulation, and instead where the Muslims involved abided by the rules of engagement as set forth in the Geneva Conventions?
    There are approx 1.5 BILLION of Muslims out there. Can you show how the MAJORITY of those support terrorist acts?

Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •