Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 71

Thread: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

  1. #21
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Why don't we do this. Those that want the current reform can so indicate on our income tax form, and we can accept a higher rate. We can also get all of the outcome of the system. So should we lose our job, be denied coverage, lose coverage, etc.. we will benefit. Along with the cost savings.

    Those that oppose can simply mark on their income tax form they do not want this. So they will pay a lower rate. Except they or their family will never be able to take any benefits or coverage from the reform system. If medical bills become a burden, tough s**t. If they lose their jobs, tough s**t. If they are denied coverage, tough s**t. If your 65, go live with your kids, live on the street, or kill yourself, but don't come begging to Medicare.

    Hell why stop there. We can do the same with that evil Socialist education system we call public education. Of course when our GDP drops because we do not have enough educated people, we are given the right to tax the s**t out of conservatives to make up for OUR losses in income growth. Oh, and they also can not bitch and moan when we bring in more educated immigrants from China, India, etc.. to make up for the loss in employment pool.

    Sorry but I am sick to death of listening to conservatives, most of whom who have sucked at the teat of big government their entire lives complain. Prime example; Phil Gramm the leader in conservative hypocrisy and stupidity. Like when I looked at those moron Tea-Bagger rallies and see that about 99% were of the lower economic classes, I just wanted to vomit at the sight of such stupidity. Well I suppose they could all just home school the kiddies, yeah right. Personally one has never come across my desk, but I can guarantee that we would NEVER even interview a home schooler.

  2. #22
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    What is wrong with you Granola Liberals can you not read. You pick one item to attack but even there you're wrong we hear news stories all the time of patients coming here for treatment and people in the UK and Canada have to wait months for simple treatment. Canadians come here in droves for treatment because of the rationing of care there.
    The other thing you over looked because you're part of the I hate America Obama disciples is that I clearly said the system needs to be fixed.
    So, when faced with the fact that your argument sucks, you call names. Love it.
    Last edited by formerroadie; 07-28-09 at 04:29 PM.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  3. #23
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Why don't we do this. Those that want the current reform can so indicate on our income tax form, and we can accept a higher rate. We can also get all of the outcome of the system. So should we lose our job, be denied coverage, lose coverage, etc.. we will benefit. Along with the cost savings.

    Those that oppose can simply mark on their income tax form they do not want this. So they will pay a lower rate. Except they or their family will never be able to take any benefits or coverage from the reform system. If medical bills become a burden, tough s**t. If they lose their jobs, tough s**t. If they are denied coverage, tough s**t. If your 65, go live with your kids, live on the street, or kill yourself, but don't come begging to Medicare.

    Hell why stop there. We can do the same with that evil Socialist education system we call public education. Of course when our GDP drops because we do not have enough educated people, we are given the right to tax the s**t out of conservatives to make up for OUR losses in income growth. Oh, and they also can not bitch and moan when we bring in more educated immigrants from China, India, etc.. to make up for the loss in employment pool.

    Sorry but I am sick to death of listening to conservatives, most of whom who have sucked at the teat of big government their entire lives complain. Prime example; Phil Gramm the leader in conservative hypocrisy and stupidity. Like when I looked at those moron Tea-Bagger rallies and see that about 99% were of the lower economic classes, I just wanted to vomit at the sight of such stupidity. Well I suppose they could all just home school the kiddies, yeah right. Personally one has never come across my desk, but I can guarantee that we would NEVER even interview a home schooler.
    I am a liberal and will be home schooling my son this next year . You can interview me . I doubt I will present the same case as those decrying what they will gladly participate in later .

    I agree with your post whole heartedly. Isn't it amazing that they bitch and moan about this crap until they need something or something is taken away from them? The teabagger **** was a load of craptastic entertainment. All the crazies came out to play. They especially entertaining in Texas.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  4. #24
    Professor

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    07-11-10 @ 06:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    1,720

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    The basic problem with health care is that we have a third-party payer system, where the consumer is insulated from the cost of the goods and services he receives, and so doesn't care about how much things cost.
    thats some of it, but the supply side is also artificially constrained by regulation.

  5. #25
    User powrtoch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Austin, TX
    Last Seen
    08-08-09 @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    The unfortunate truth about the American health care system is that it's almost entirely controlled by a for profit industry (insurance). No average American can easily cover the price tag of health care in America, and thus they rely on health insurance agencies who exert a lot of energy in finding ways to deny claims and coverage. Considering that the U.S. spends more per-capita on health care than any other nation on the planet, the populace shouldn't be experiencing such hassle in receiving care and I feel it's indicative of the fact that the U.S. system is no longer centered around providing care (if it ever was in the first place).
    signatures are so odd to me. what is so important that it needs to be said over and over again?

  6. #26
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Quote Originally Posted by powrtoch View Post
    The unfortunate truth about the American health care system is that it's almost entirely controlled by a for profit industry (insurance). No average American can easily cover the price tag of health care in America, and thus they rely on health insurance agencies who exert a lot of energy in finding ways to deny claims and coverage. Considering that the U.S. spends more per-capita on health care than any other nation on the planet, the populace shouldn't be experiencing such hassle in receiving care and I feel it's indicative of the fact that the U.S. system is no longer centered around providing care (if it ever was in the first place).
    Agreed. For Profit care is a stupid idea.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  7. #27
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Quote Originally Posted by nkgupta80 View Post
    thats some of it, but the supply side is also artificially constrained by regulation.
    How do you figure that? Just curious where that information comes from because I'm not seeing how regulation is prohibiting supply.
    It's time for a revolution in our country. Not a revolution forged with guns and bombs but a revolution forged of compassion and altruism. A revolution that extends a hand to those who don't have and who cannot. A revolution that makes Health Care available to all those in the US.

  8. #28
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Quote Originally Posted by powrtoch View Post
    The unfortunate truth about the American health care system is that it's almost entirely controlled by a for profit industry (insurance).
    As it should be.

    No average American can easily cover the price tag of health care in America, and thus they rely on health insurance agencies who exert a lot of energy in finding ways to deny claims and coverage.
    Interesting. I've never had a claim or coverage denied.
    I've had a multitude of procedures, I've had kids, I've had PT - none denied.
    Nor do I know anyone that has.
    Can you explain that?

    Considering that the U.S. spends more per-capita on health care than any other nation on the planet, the populace shouldn't be experiencing such hassle in receiving care
    Your premise that these hassles exist to any significant degree is unsupported.

  9. #29
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    As it should be.


    Interesting. I've never had a claim or coverage denied.
    I've had a multitude of procedures, I've had kids, I've had PT - none denied.
    Nor do I know anyone that has.
    Can you explain that?


    Your premise that these hassles exist to any significant degree is unsupported.
    So what are you trying to claim here, that since you have not been denied...YET, that everything is fine? I know appealing to the empathetic side to a conservative is pointless (since it does not exist), so think of the selfish side. Just because it has not happened yet does not make it a guarantee. All the for profit industry needs is an excuse to drop you the moment you become non-profitable. All fine and good I guess as long as it happens to other people, so when/if it happens to you I guess you will just smile and accept it? Give me a break, we BOTH know the answer to this.

  10. #30
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: NPR - The Costs of Health Care, Political and Financial

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    So what are you trying to claim here, that since you have not been denied...YET, that everything is fine?
    I am questioning the veracity of your claim.
    Please feel free to support you claim regarding the widespread rejections of coverage and claims.
    Until then, your premise that these hassles exist to any significant degree is unsupported.

    I know appealing to the empathetic side to a conservative is pointless (since it does not exist),
    Just as appealing to the intelligent side of a liberal is equally impossible, for the same reason.

    All the for profit industry needs is an excuse to drop you the moment you become non-profitable.
    This happens because the money that goes out exceeds the money that goes in. This will be the same for the goverment-run health care -- but then, liberals don't care about the givernment spending more than it takes in (unless a Republican is in charge).

    All fine and good I guess as long as it happens to other people, so when/if it happens to you I guess you will just smile and accept it?
    Unlike liberals, -I- do not base my political posiions on my personal situation because -I- understand that the world is bigger than just me -- and so, whatever might happen to me, my stance will remain the same.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •