Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 86

Thread: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

  1. #71
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Glad to try again. At least I have a link.

    Modern obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, refers to the crime of offering interference of any sort to the work of police, investigators, regulatory agencies, prosecutors, or other (usually government) officials. Often, no actual investigation or substantiated suspicion of a specific incident need exist to support a charge of obstruction of justice. Common law jurisdictions other than the United States tend to use the wider offense of Perverting the course of justice.

    Obstruction of Justice
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #72
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Glad to try again. At least I have a link.
    You know...I really want to just B52 your ass on this one. But I won't, because I think you're fragile.

    My above post utilized your own wikipedia article to debunk you and at the same time support my case. You realize this right? Or did you not actually read your own source?

    Now, please...actually address my challenge to your argument. And no, telling me "at least I have a link" and posting the same quote I've already addressed does not cut it.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #73
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You know...I really want to just B52 your ass on this one. But I won't, because I think you're fragile.

    My above post utilized your own wikipedia article to debunk you and at the same time support my case. You realize this right? Or did you not actually read your own source?

    Now, please...actually address my challenge to your argument. And no, telling me "at least I have a link" and posting the same quote I've already addressed does not cut it.
    Do whatcha gotta do, sport. But, be sure and post a link.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #74
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, if Im on my front porch I should be able to wave my cock at passing cars? Because, I mean, Im on my front porch right?



    You, or anyone else waving their cock at passing cars, has nothing to do with this topic.
    The man was strongly voicing his opinion on his own property and the Officer was wrong for arresting him.

  5. #75
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Do whatcha gotta do, sport. But, be sure and post a link.
    For ****s sake...what do you not understand about "I USED YOUR OWN WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE?" Why post a link? You already linked it, I don't need to link it again...it was your ****ing source.

    This whole exchange is testament to the fact that you don't pay attention. You didn't read your own article and you didn't read my post.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:55 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    For ****s sake...what do you not understand about "I USED YOUR OWN WIKIPEDIA ARTICLE?" Why post a link? You already linked it, I don't need to link it again...it was your ****ing source.

    This whole exchange is testament to the fact that you don't pay attention. You didn't read your own article and you didn't read my post.
    A third piece, from a third source:

    Modern obstruction of justice, in United States jurisdictions, refers to the crime of offering interference of any sort to the work of police, investigators, regulatory agencies, prosecutors, or other (usually government) officials. Often, no actual investigation or substantiated suspicion of a specific incident need exist to support a charge of obstruction of justice. Common law jurisdictions other than the United States tend to use the wider offense of Perverting the course of justice.

    Police Definitions one playwright. one blog.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    You, or anyone else waving their cock at passing cars, has nothing to do with this topic.
    The man was strongly voicing his opinion on his own property and the Officer was wrong for arresting him.
    I gotta tell ya, your fancy fonting really makes the difference since your argument has already been proven wrong.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    [quote=hazlnut;1058161137]What proof do you offer that he is a racist?[/qutoe]

    You mean besides his automatic assumption that a white cop is a racist?

    Okay.

    How about the fact that he's chairing the Department of Racism at Hahvahd? Hahvahd calls it, in proper socialist double speak, the Department of African American Studies. Can't not be a racist and get that job, that's beyond dispute.

    Then there's the testimony Gates gave stating that 2 Live Crew's obscene lyrics were on the same artistic level as Shakespeare's and Chaucer.

    Quote Originally Posted by hazlnut View Post
    The only thing the arrest proves is that he was tired and moody after a long trip.
    The only thing his arrest proves is that the racist was so arrogant he refused to shut his yapping trap when asked, and broke the law, as well.

    Nice to see Democrats will still make excuses for their favorite racists.

  9. #79
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:18 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,480

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    A third piece, from a third source:
    I hate to point this out to you, but you are quoting sources that are just repeating the wikipedia text. Nothing more. You realize that doesn't exactly help you right smart guy?

    Now, you ever gonna come out from behind wikipedia and actually debate me on this subject? Because I trashed your argument.

    Or are you going to find a FOURTH source that quotes the wikipedia article?
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #80
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Why do you keep making this irrelevant argument? There is a major difference between exercising your freedom of speech and indecent exposure. There is a law against indecent exposure.
    There is also a law against disorderly conduct.

    I laugh at people who keep thinking they can say/do anything they wish on their own porch, as though the porch is some sort of "base" (like playing tag) to acting like a fool in plain view (sound) of the entire neighborhood.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •