Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 86

Thread: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Naperville, IL
    Last Seen
    09-24-12 @ 02:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    11,963

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Uh, no.

    I see you won't admit that Gates is a racist.

    Go ahead, prove my statement wrong, say Gates is a racist.

    Then defend your support of a racist.

    What proof do you offer that he is a racist?

    The only thing the arrest proves is that he was tired and moody after a long trip. And that 'disturbing the peace' can mean anything the cops want it to mean. That's the beauty of 'disturbing the peace' statutes. They're a license for cops to arrest anyone who pisses them off.

    BTW--I'm not sure I'd say the cop was a racists--just a bitter cop who likes to be a dick sometimes and flex his muscles and show rich people who's boss. Never met one of those before...



  2. #62
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,465

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Gates didn't want to cooperate with the investigation. That's obstruction of justice. It's the same thing that Scooter Libby was sent to prison for. All Scooter did was refuse to answer a couple of questions.
    You have perverted understanding of what constitutes obstruction of justice then. Ever heard of the "right to remain silent?" Ever heard of the Fifth Amendment? Not wanting to cooperate with the investigation does not constitute obstruction of justice.

    Please, prove your case before the DP jury.

    If you can.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #63
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by mikhail View Post
    Im sure you would be reasonable in that situation.Doesent change the fact they dragged a man out his own house and arrested him.Was that really in the public interest?

    Wow, where did you get your 'facts' from?

    Nobody dragged him out of his house, he followed the officer cursing and screaming and was warned multiple times before being arrested for acting like a fool in public.

    Know what the **** you are talking about before you open your mouth.

    Also, I pray the police allow someone to break into your house and not bother to question him if they catch him, other than to say, "do you live here?" "okay, have a good day".
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #64
    Banned Coolguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Last Seen
    01-26-10 @ 03:40 AM
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    846

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Personally, I think both Gates and the officer acted wrongly.
    But IMHO the Officers actions were more egregious, in that they resulted in an official Arrest Record.




    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    He was acting like a common criminal, why shouldn't he have been treated like one?
    No he wasn't. He was acting like an asshole. Get your facts straight.



    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    All that was required for that turd to be arrested was for him to continue his tirade in a public place, like from his front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.

    Yeah.
    Something is very wrong with what the Officer did.

  5. #65
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    You have perverted understanding of what constitutes obstruction of justice then. Ever heard of the "right to remain silent?" Ever heard of the Fifth Amendment? Not wanting to cooperate with the investigation does not constitute obstruction of justice.

    Please, prove your case before the DP jury.

    If you can.
    the crime of offering interference of any sort to the work of police, investigators, regulatory agencies, prosecutors, or other (usually government) officials. Often, no actual investigation or substantiated suspicion of a specific incident need exist to support a charge of obstruction of justice.

    Obstruction of justice - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    Ask and you shall recieve. Didn't you used to be a cop?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #66
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by earthworm View Post
    In my opinion it is.
    The police were wrong for over-reacting, and for taking action based on cruise control rather than rational thought.
    But Gates also reacted "wrong" -, IMO, he has that right as he was on his own property.
    Have the Cambridge police ever had any sensitivity training ?? or is this even possible...similar to "ethics" training to American executives..

    I'd rather the police be 'wrong' for 'over-reacting' than let some fool break into my home and steal my **** and they had the opportunity to catch him but, oh noes, lets not make the guy mad because he just might live here.


    And, for those who think that its okay to shout down the police while they are doing their job by saying, "But im in my house, nya nya nya nyaaa nyaaa" I say, Your pathetic.

    Yes, you can shout down the police, but it makes you a god damned fool for yelling at a guy who is trying to make sure your house isn't getting broken into.

    Yes, there is sensitivity training. But when dealing with a potential felony situation, 'sensitivity' could allow a suspect to get away.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #67
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Coolguy View Post
    Personally, I think both Gates and the officer acted wrongly.
    But IMHO the Officers actions were more egregious, in that they resulted in an official Arrest Record.









    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.
    His front porch.

    Yeah.
    Something is very wrong with what the Officer did.
    So, if Im on my front porch I should be able to wave my cock at passing cars? Because, I mean, Im on my front porch right?

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #68
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 04:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,513

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, if Im on my front porch I should be able to wave my cock at passing cars? Because, I mean, Im on my front porch right?

    In some Librul parts of the world, you can't even smoke on your front porch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #69
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,465

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Ask and you shall recieve. Didn't you used to be a cop?
    Wikipedia? Really?



    So I didn't see in your wikipedia article where they defined what interference actually consisted of. The statutory definition of "interference" becomes very important. Remaining silent, a constitutional right, cannot be considered to be interference. Show me where calling a cop racist is legally defined as an act of interference. For your wikipedia argument ( ) to have any hope of substantiating your argument you're going to need to join the site, log in, and edit it. Oh...and this doesn't really help you at all.
    Generally, obstruction charges are laid when it is discovered that a person questioned in an investigation, who is not a suspect, has lied to the investigating officers. However, in most common law jurisdictions, the right to remain silent allows any person who is questioned by police merely to refuse to answer questions posed by an investigator without giving any reason for doing so. (In such a case, the investigators may subpoena the witness to give testimony under oath in court) It is not relevant if the person lied to protect a suspect (such as setting up a false alibi, even if the suspect is in fact innocent) or to hide from an investigation of their own activities (such as to hide his involvement in another crime). Obstruction charges can also be laid if a person alters or destroys physical evidence, even if he was under no compulsion at any time to produce such evidence.
    Oh.

    Snap.

    Yes I used to be a cop and I spent a lot of time with prosecutors on case preparation.

    And your argument sucks.

    God I enjoy beating you up on these forums.

    Try again.

    Please.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 07-28-09 at 07:15 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #70
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,465

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, if Im on my front porch I should be able to wave my cock at passing cars? Because, I mean, Im on my front porch right?

    Why do you keep making this irrelevant argument? There is a major difference between exercising your freedom of speech and indecent exposure. There is a law against indecent exposure.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •