Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 86

Thread: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Sure they did. They arrested a man for committing a crime with no victim where a victim is required.
    No victim is required under the public disturbance law cited on this thread.

    If you have another reference to Massachussetts law or any Cambridge ordinances, lets' see them.

    All that was required for that turd to be arrested was for him to continue his tirade in a public place, like from his front porch.

    He did that.

    Also, there were public witnesses to the matter.

    Something you have learn as you grow up is that the cops know the laws on these matters better than the criminals and they know when the lines are crossed and they can safely arrest someone. Crowley was not a rookie.

  2. #42
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No victim is required under the public disturbance law cited on this thread.

    If you have another reference to Massachussetts law or any Cambridge ordinances, lets' see them.

    All that was required for that turd to be arrested was for him to continue his tirade in a public place, like from his front porch.

    He did that.

    Also, there were public witnesses to the matter.

    Something you have learn as you grow up is that the cops know the laws on these matters better than the criminals and they know when the lines are crossed and they can safely arrest someone. Crowley was not a rookie.
    He wasn't arrested for public disturbance, he was arrested for disorderly conduct. And yes, if you are going to arrest a person for alarming someone, as Crowley indicated in his report, you need to identify the person who was actually alarmed.

    Something that YOU personally have to learn is not to speak about things you are completely unfamiliar with unless you enjoy risking your credibility.

    Crowley ****ed that report up. I called it day one and pointed out exactly why in other threads.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 07-27-09 at 09:08 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    He wasn't arrested for public disturbance, he was arrested for disorderly conduct.
    Whatev.

    You pick the words you want to see. He was properly arrested for breaking the law.

    The cops did nothing wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Something that YOU personally have to learn is not to speak about things you are completely unfamiliar with unless you enjoy risking your credibility.
    You mean like when you start babbling about how Gates didn't break the law when he did?

    Don't worry, I stick to the facts and don't wander into liberal lalalalalalalalala (see how liberals get stuck there? Only supposed to be two la's) land.

  4. #44
    Mod Apologist

    missypea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,152

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    He wasn't arrested for public disturbance, he was arrested for disorderly conduct. And yes, if you are going to arrest a person for alarming someone, as Crowley indicated in his report, you need to identify the person who was actually alarmed.

    Something that YOU personally have to learn is not to speak about things you are completely unfamiliar with unless you enjoy risking your credibility.

    Crowley ****ed that report up. I called it day one and pointed out exactly why in other threads.


    I gotta hand it to you Lerxst, you are the voice of reason this thread--and other related threads--needed. It was exactly as you said (well someone said it). It was a case of two blowhards meeting.

    The damage that happens when egos collide is amazing, isn't it?


    I would chat with her when I'm feeling particularly snarky, but I wouldn't ever call her on the phone.

  5. #45
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Whatev.

    You pick the words you want to see. He was properly arrested for breaking the law.
    What???? I picked my words right from Officer Crowley's report. I don't know where you came up with peace disturbance from, but that was not what he was arrested for.

    The cops did nothing wrong.
    Yes. They did.

    You mean like when you start babbling about how Gates didn't break the law when he did?
    Don't start crying on me now. I have proven in multiple threads where Crowley screwed up in this arrest. Unlike you, I am an expert on law enforcement. A recognized expert. You are a hyper partisan wonder hack who apparently doesn't even read up on the subjects he decides to yammer on about. All you do is try to figure out who the "liberal" is and go on the attack. **** the facts, you only need to fix a target and you simply operate off your "anti-liberal attack strategy" notes.
    Don't worry, I stick to the facts and don't wander into liberal lalalalalalalalala (see how liberals get stuck there? Only supposed to be two la's) land.
    Yeah, which facts would those be by chance? If I were you I'd start by reading up on the topic you are trying to discuss there champ.

    What I find so outrageously funny about this is that people go nuts over the Fairness Doctrine, "how dare they try to stifle free speec!" Yet when a liberal professor gets arrested for simply using his voice (that is all the **** he did, nothing more) while on his own property, they are all like "he deserved it he's a criminal."

    Whining little piss pant hypocrites.
    Last edited by Lerxst; 07-27-09 at 10:54 PM.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #46
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No victim is required under the public disturbance law cited on this thread.

    If you have another reference to Massachussetts law or any Cambridge ordinances, lets' see them.

    All that was required for that turd to be arrested was for him to continue his tirade in a public place, like from his front porch.

    He did that.

    Also, there were public witnesses to the matter.

    Something you have learn as you grow up is that the cops know the laws on these matters better than the criminals and they know when the lines are crossed and they can safely arrest someone. Crowley was not a rookie.
    I really must have been listening to another case since I thought that Gate's profession was professor but you say it's "turd" ? [QUOTE"All that was required for that turd to be arrested [/QUOTE]
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  7. #47
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    What???? I picked my words right from Officer Crowley's report. I don't know where you came up with peace disturbance from, but that was not what he was arrested for.


    Yes. They did.


    Don't start crying on me now. I have proven in multiple threads where Crowley screwed up in this arrest. Unlike you, I am an expert on law enforcement. A recognized expert. You are a hyper partisan wonder hack who apparently doesn't even read up on the subjects he decides to yammer on about. All you do is try to figure out who the "liberal" is and go on the attack. **** the facts, you only need to fix a target and you simply operate off your "anti-liberal attack strategy" notes.

    Yeah, which facts would those be by chance? If I were you I'd start by reading up on the topic you are trying to discuss there champ.

    What I find so outrageously funny about this is that people go nuts over the Fairness Doctrine, "how dare they try to stifle free speec!" Yet when a liberal professor gets arrested for simply using his voice (that is all the **** he did, nothing more) while on his own property, they are all like "he deserved it he's a criminal."

    Whining little piss pant hypocrites.
    Wow !! you took that guy too the woodshed. I had stated early on that I thought both Gates and the policeman over-reacted. The policeman could have just kept walking away from the professor and let the professor behave like a lunatic. I think the two of them were trying to one up each other. Unfortunately for the proff the policeman has the gun and the handcuffs!!!

    Gates just didn't know whne to shut up. He should have stopped his rant and filed a complaint with the chief in the morning.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  8. #48
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:38 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,520

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    Wow !! you took that guy too the woodshed. I had stated early on that I thought both Gates and the policeman over-reacted. The policeman could have just kept walking away from the professor and let the professor behave like a lunatic. I think the two of them were trying to one up each other. Unfortunately for the proff the policeman has the gun and the handcuffs!!!

    Gates just didn't know whne to shut up. He should have stopped his rant and filed a complaint with the chief in the morning.

    And when Crowley turned to walk away, Gates could have put a knife in his neck, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    I really must have been listening to another case since I thought that Gate's profession was professor but you say it's "turd" ? [QUOTE"All that was required for that turd to be arrested
    [/QUOTE]

    Yes.

    Anyone wasting their life and the lives of their students with some economically pointless and socially useless program of study like "African American Studies" is a professional turd.

    That college got a course called "White Boy Studies"?

    Nope.

  10. #50
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 01:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,672

    Re: Gates says it's time to 'move on' from his arrest

    It is my opinion that Gate's brought all this upon himself.

    His attempt to "cry black" will hurt future, more legitimate, claims of racial prejudice.

    Now, he wants it all to just go away and move on. Can't say I blame him. He has made himself out to look like a fool. Obama too.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •