Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Thumbs up Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set | Comcast.net

    RABAT, Morocco From the western edge of the Muslim world, the King of Morocco has dared to tackle one of the most inflammatory issues in the Middle East conflict the Holocaust.

    At a time when Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad's dismissal of the Holocaust has made the biggest headlines, King Mohammed VI has called the Nazi destruction of the Jews "one of the most tragic chapters of modern history," and has endorsed a Paris-based program aimed at spreading the word among fellow Muslims.

    Many in the Islamic world still ignore or know little about the Nazi attempt to annihilate the Jews during World War II. Some disbelieve it outright. Others argue that it was a European crime and imagine it to be the reason Israel exists and the Palestinians are stateless.

    This is Great I applaud the King of Morocco on this. I hope he can show the light to the rest of the Arab World.

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Many in the Islamic world still ignore or know little about the Nazi attempt to annihilate the Jews during World War II.
    Outside of Iran, would you please care to share with us who these "many" are?

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Outside of Iran, would you please care to share with us who these "many" are?
    The quote you just used is from the Article did you even read it this is what I posted at the end,


    This is Great I applaud the King of Morocco on this. I hope he can show the light to the rest of the Arab World.

    I guess I need to start posting my thoughts in another color huh

  4. #4
    Sage
    Oftencold's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    A small village in Alaska
    Last Seen
    05-09-14 @ 12:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    5,044

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Find some Moroccan import and buy it!

    Those of you vacationing at Disney World this summer, favor the Moroccan Pavilion at Epcot!
    Quod scripsi, scripsi

  5. #5
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    The quote you just used is from the Article did you even read it this is what I posted at the end,


    This is Great I applaud the King of Morocco on this. I hope he can show the light to the rest of the Arab World.

    I guess I need to start posting my thoughts in another color huh
    Nope just using a nice little feature when you quote part of the article using the quote /quote with brackets on both of them like []

    Would be nice. I know it is hard for you maybe to understand that, but hey, give it a shot, who knows what will happen

    I understand they never teach you things working at the pentagon and all
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 07-26-09 at 02:47 AM.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    Many in the Islamic world still ignore or know little about the Nazi attempt to annihilate the Jews during World War II. Some disbelieve it outright. Others argue that it was a European crime and imagine it to be the reason Israel exists and the Palestinians are stateless.
    But it is the reason Israel exists or came into existence to begin with. Do people really believe if the Holocaust never happened. Israel would be here today?

    But still, the holocaust is something that should be acknowledged by Arabs and Muslims and i do think our denial of it does us more harm than good, i congratulate Morocco on challenging the status quo.
    Last edited by Laila; 07-26-09 at 08:00 AM.


  7. #7
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    The quote you just used is from the Article did you even read it this is what I posted at the end,


    This is Great I applaud the King of Morocco on this. I hope he can show the light to the rest of the Arab World.

    I guess I need to start posting my thoughts in another color huh
    He's too lazy to read the article.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  8. #8
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    The King is to be applauded for his stand.
    The facts of the Holocaust are well known to everyone and the ones who like to claim it never took place use it as a way to say there is no reason for the State of Israel too exist.
    Please do not enter into conversations with those who use this same tactic of baiting just to cause trouble. They are the uneducated idiots we all know from grammar school who would use a come back in an argument like the clever saying "I know you are but what am I", and they are not worth your time because they never grew up mentally. Ignore their rambling foolishness and eventually they'll be thrown out for being stupid.

  9. #9
    Libertarian socialist

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Staffs, England
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    6,730

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    But it is the reason Israel exists or came into existence to begin with. Do people really believe if the Holocaust never happened. Israel would be here today?

    But still, the holocaust is something that should be acknowledged by Arabs and Muslims and i do think our denial of it does us more harm than good, i congratulate Morocco on challenging the status quo.
    So would you say holocaust denial was fairly mainstream among muslims?

  10. #10
    free market communist
    Gardener's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    09-30-17 @ 12:27 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    26,661

    Re: Morocco challenges Mideast Holocaust mind-set

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    But it is the reason Israel exists or came into existence to begin with. Do people really believe if the Holocaust never happened. Israel would be here today?

    But still, the holocaust is something that should be acknowledged by Arabs and Muslims and i do think our denial of it does us more harm than good, i congratulate Morocco on challenging the status quo.
    The Zionist movement began in the 1880s.

    This was well before the rise of national socialism in Germany last time I looked.
    "you're better off on Stormfront discussing how evil brown men are taking innocent white flowers." Infinite Chaos

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •