Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 67

Thread: CBO deals new blow to health plan

  1. #41
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    SEVEN IN TEN Americans want this health care legislation passed.
    WRONG!!!!

    Most in U.S. Want Healthcare Reform, but Vary on Urgency

    Seven in 10 Americans favor the passage of new healthcare reform legislation, but less than half (41%) say a new law needs to be passed this year.
    Most Americans do NOT support this healthcare legislation.

    More Disapprove Than Approve of Obama on Healthcare

    Half of all Americans disapprove of Dear Leader's handling of healthcare.

    Majority in U.S. Favors Healthcare Reform This Year

    Most Americans want legislation that addresses costs rather than universal coverage.

    HR3200 is woefully out of step with what most Americans want.

  2. #42
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,967

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    You keep mischaracterizing my position AND my opinion.
    Step up to the table and work on getting the legislation paid for, and passed. If you don't want to, hey that's fine, but then you stand with the NO NO NO party. Not with the American people.
    Nope, I don't have to mischaracterize anything. You do it fine there. Either pass this plan or you're against the american people and health care reformer.

    You, and the rest of the partisan politics playing "Change" democrats, are Bush with a donkey's ass instead of an elephants.

    Your arguments, view points, and thoughts on this are as pathetic as those of republicans in past years stating anyone that didn't agree with how to deal with terrorism was against America and "against" fighting terrorism. Not worth anyones time.

  3. #43
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Nope, I don't have to mischaracterize anything. You do it fine there. Either pass this plan or you're against the american people and health care reformer.

    You, and the rest of the partisan politics playing "Change" democrats, are Bush with a donkey's ass instead of an elephants.

    Your arguments, view points, and thoughts on this are as pathetic as those of republicans in past years stating anyone that didn't agree with how to deal with terrorism was against America and "against" fighting terrorism. Not worth anyones time.

    Nope, the plan will pass without you. Either step up and work on constructively getting it passed, or get out of the way of being in the way of the American people. We DO want it passed. And it's not Democrats. You keep saying it, but you keep ignoring the fact that 7 in 10 Americans are NOT Democrats, but 7 in 10 Americans DO want it passed.

  4. #44
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    WRONG!!!!

    Most in U.S. Want Healthcare Reform, but Vary on Urgency

    Most Americans do NOT support this healthcare legislation.

    More Disapprove Than Approve of Obama on Healthcare

    Half of all Americans disapprove of Dear Leader's handling of healthcare.

    Majority in U.S. Favors Healthcare Reform This Year

    Most Americans want legislation that addresses costs rather than universal coverage.

    HR3200 is woefully out of step with what most Americans want.

    That's funny .... you can look right at the sentence and not see what you don't want to see. Seven in 10 Americans DO want health care reform legislation passed. I never said they wanted it this year. I said they wanted it passed!!

    However, count me in the 41%. I'm for THIS YEAR!

  5. #45
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    SEVEN IN TEN Americans want this health care legislation passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Nope, the plan will pass without you. Either step up and work on constructively getting it passed, or get out of the way of being in the way of the American people. We DO want it passed. And it's not Democrats. You keep saying it, but you keep ignoring the fact that 7 in 10 Americans are NOT Democrats, but 7 in 10 Americans DO want it passed.
    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    That's funny .... you can look right at the sentence and not see what you don't want to see. Seven in 10 Americans DO want health care reform legislation passed. I never said they wanted it this year. I said they wanted it passed!!

    However, count me in the 41%. I'm for THIS YEAR!
    I hear the scraping sounds of moving goalposts.

    You claimed that seven out of ten Americans support the healthcare bill we are discussing here--HR3200. That is a blatantly false statement. HR3200 does not enjoy majority support Among Americans. So sayeth the Gallup organization.

    I already figured you were in the 41% that figured Maine desperately needed other states to help pay for their health insurance.

  6. #46
    Sage
    AlbqOwl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    New Mexico
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    17,513
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    That's funny .... you can look right at the sentence and not see what you don't want to see. Seven in 10 Americans DO want health care reform legislation passed. I never said they wanted it this year. I said they wanted it passed!!

    However, count me in the 41%. I'm for THIS YEAR!
    The last Gallup poll was taken on July 14 and Gallup polls whoever answers the phone. Those polling likely voters are getting very different results now with most Americans not approving the healthcare as proposed by President Obama and the Democrats in Congress, and what support there is for government takeover of healthcare is eroding fast up through this week. Democrats still favor it by a substantial margin though support has slipped even there. Republicans and now those unaffiliated with either the GOP or Democrats are substantially opposing it.

    It is for that reason that Harry Reid, who is already in trouble in Nevada, is not going to stick his neck out very far on this and he is trying to look responsible by saying let's slow down and go more slowly on this and the blue dogs in the Democratic House are also beginning to balk now that we are getting more and more details of what is in the bill.

    President didn't help with his zombielike fillibuster press conference geared to prevent many questions earlier in the week, and he was barely coherent almost certainly by design.

    They don't WANT you to know what they intend to do to you. And the ONLY ones pressing for an immediate healthcare overhaul are the President, his staff spokespersons, and liberal Democrats in Congress. Nobody else.

    Peggy Noonan this week though summed it up here:

    I think the plan is being slowed and may well be stopped not by ideology, or even by philosophy in a strict sense, but by simple American common sense. I suspect voters, the past few weeks, have been giving themselves an internal Q-and-A that goes something like this:

    Will whatever health care bill is produced by Congress increase the deficit? “Of course.” Will it mean tax increases? “Of course.” Will it mean new fees or fines? “Probably.” Can I afford it right now? “No, I’m already getting clobbered.” Will it make the marketplace freer and better? “Probably not.” Is our health care system in crisis? “Yeah, it has been for years.” Is it the most pressing crisis right now? “No, the economy is.” Will a health-care bill improve the economy? “I doubt it.”

    . . . .(among three other considerations): The first has to do with the doctors throughout the country who give patients a break, who quietly underbill someone they know is in trouble, or don’t charge for their services. Also the emergency rooms that provide excellent service for the uninsured in medical crisis. People don’t talk about this much because they’re afraid if they do they’ll lose it, that some government genius will come along and make it illegal for a doctor not to charge or a hospital to fudge around, with mercy, in its billing. People are afraid of losing the parts of the system that sometimes work—the unquantifiable parts, the human parts. . . .
    Peggy Noonan: Common Sense May Sink ObamaCare - WSJ.com
    "I think the best way of doing good to the poor, is not making them easy in poverty, but leading or driving them out of it." --Benjamin Franklin 1776

  7. #47
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    I hear the scraping sounds of moving goalposts.

    You claimed that seven out of ten Americans support the healthcare bill we are discussing here--HR3200. That is a blatantly false statement. HR3200 does not enjoy majority support Among Americans. So sayeth the Gallup organization.

    I already figured you were in the 41% that figured Maine desperately needed other states to help pay for their health insurance.

    Ahhh, 'this' that was an editing problem. I was typing this legislation, and went back to fill in health care legislation and failed to pull out this. You are absolutely correct, THIS is in error. However, there is no THIS yet to name, b/c no legislation has made it out of committee yet, either in the house or the senate, and as we've gone thru in several threads, even once they do, THIS legislation won't be until it comes out of conference.

    So, yes, I absolutely meant to leave it generic, and THIS was left in, in error.

    And.... seven in ten Americans DO want health care legislation passed.

  8. #48
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by jackalope View Post
    Ahhh, 'this' that was an editing problem. I was typing this legislation, and went back to fill in health care legislation and failed to pull out this. You are absolutely correct, THIS is in error. However, there is no THIS yet to name, b/c no legislation has made it out of committee yet, either in the house or the senate, and as we've gone thru in several threads, even once they do, THIS legislation won't be until it comes out of conference.
    Yeah, keep moving the goal posts. You still haven't gotten around the fact that most Americans are opposed to the passage of HR3200--which is the bill the Anti-Republicans are proposing to vote on in the House of Representatives.

    Bob, weave, flail, and bail (and fail).....reality will still smack you in the face in the end.

  9. #49
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by AlbqOwl View Post
    The last Gallup poll was taken on July 14 and Gallup polls whoever answers the phone. Those polling likely voters are getting very different results now with most Americans not approving the healthcare as proposed by President Obama and the Democrats in Congress, and what support there is for government takeover of healthcare is eroding fast up through this week. Democrats still favor it by a substantial margin though support has slipped even there. Republicans and now those unaffiliated with either the GOP or Democrats are substantially opposing it.

    It is for that reason that Harry Reid, who is already in trouble in Nevada, is not going to stick his neck out very far on this and he is trying to look responsible by saying let's slow down and go more slowly on this and the blue dogs in the Democratic House are also beginning to balk now that we are getting more and more details of what is in the bill.

    President didn't help with his zombielike fillibuster press conference geared to prevent many questions earlier in the week, and he was barely coherent almost certainly by design.

    They don't WANT you to know what they intend to do to you. And the ONLY ones pressing for an immediate healthcare overhaul are the President, his staff spokespersons, and liberal Democrats in Congress. Nobody else.

    Peggy Noonan this week though summed it up here:
    Hey Owl, I was just reading some interesting posts of your in another thread.

    Re: Gallup, there is a new poll out this am. It was taken after Pres Obama's presser this week.

    I disagree that they don't want us to know what they're going to do. I think the problem is there isn't final agreement yet, and there isn't a final product to discuss.

    Appreciate the Noonan excerpt. I enjoy her writing. In this case, I think she's wrong tho. We will see !

  10. #50
    Sage
    jackalope's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    08-08-14 @ 01:54 PM
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    6,494

    Re: CBO deals new blow to health plan

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Yeah, keep moving the goal posts. You still haven't gotten around the fact that most Americans are opposed to the passage of HR3200--which is the bill the Anti-Republicans are proposing to vote on in the House of Representatives.

    Bob, weave, flail, and bail (and fail).....reality will still smack you in the face in the end.

    No, I made an error, and copped to it. I've tried very hard to stay generic in talking about legislation, but more than once I shorthanded it and had to go back and re-type.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •