Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 52

Thread: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

  1. #41
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You're distracting from the basic issue here.

    The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES took time in a press conference that was supposed to be about healthcare to call a Cambridge, MA, police officer stupid.

    Has a president ever gone after an individual citizen like that before?

    I wonder if he'd like to berate the dogcatcher in Tarrant County here, too.
    Funny....look at post #31 and see who it was that started talking about the porch.

    Pot calling black?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  2. #42
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    So? That's not a crime. It's being a dick, but it's not a crime.


    Sure, but he didn't have to. This is America, he can speak his mind, even if he sounds like a blubbering, race baiting, scumbag when he does it.


    They both did. The officer could have just kept walking, his job was done. But he chose to stay there and confront Gates tirade. There was no purpose in that.

    Both are guilty of poor judgment. Even Crowley's own department said as much.

    Again, the main point is our beloved president found the need to call a local police officer stupid during a national press conference about healthcare. Is that not disturbing to you?

  3. #43
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,462

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    You're distracting from the basic issue here.

    The PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES took time in a press conference that was supposed to be about healthcare to call a Cambridge, MA, police officer stupid.

    Has a president ever gone after an individual citizen like that before?

    I wonder if he'd like to berate the dogcatcher in Tarrant County here, too.
    And really, he was being quite dickish when he did that. He should have just not commented on this issue.

    I'm becoming less and less convinced of my decision to vote for him every week.
    *insert profound statement here*

  4. #44
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And really, he was being quite dickish when he did that. He should have just not commented on this issue.

    I'm becoming less and less convinced of my decision to vote for him every week.
    I was getting sucked into the liberal derailment. Your beloved president ain't acting very presidential. THAT is the point.

  5. #45
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,462

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    Again, the main point is our beloved president found the need to call a local police officer stupid during a national press conference about healthcare. Is that not disturbing to you?
    I know that's the main point, and I guess you should admonish yourself regarding that very fact. If you will notice, I was responding to a series of comments you made. So what was the main point again?
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #46
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:27 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,462

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I was getting sucked into the liberal derailment. Your beloved president ain't acting very presidential. THAT is the point.
    I agree. This was very unprofessional of him.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #47
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:53 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,072

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    And really, he was being quite dickish when he did that. He should have just not commented on this issue.

    I'm becoming less and less convinced of my decision to vote for him every week.
    That is entirely fair. And yes, I've had a few run-ins with dickish police officers, too, back in the day, but I didn't have the nads to do what Gates did.

    As far as who you voted for, I'm not sure who the "grand" candidate was last time on either side. Hopefully in 2012, there'll be one.

  8. #48
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Are you now denying that minorities are NOT treated differently? Is that your argument?
    No they are treated differently. But in many cases they are treated above the majority.

  9. #49
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    No they are treated differently. But in many cases they are treated above the majority.
    Treated above the majority? Care to actually prove that?

  10. #50
    Guru
    Crunch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    12-21-10 @ 05:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,063

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Are you now denying that minorities are NOT treated differently? Is that your argument?
    Have you ever heard of "affirmative action"? Ya, they are treated different alright.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •