Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 52

Thread: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

  1. #11
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by tumbleweed View Post
    I thought there was a lot of stupidity from both parties involved in the arrest.

    If Obama's statement is acceptable to the police he offended then I feel it's sufficient.
    I'm betting the cops he offended could give a rat's ass about what Obama has to say, now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #12
    Professor
    Baralis's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    MO
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:53 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,394
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    I failed to see any reason why the president needed to comment on the situation to begin with. Perhaps his true feelings showed a little bit here and we see that he is a minority that feels blacks are unjustly treated by a white society.

    Dont get me wrong im all for equality but when equality becomes reparations for the deeds of our ancestors (and that doesnt even apply to alot of us), it has gone to far.

  3. #13
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Obama invites Gates, Cambridge officer to the White House - Local News Updates - The Boston Globe

    If Crowley thinks this is enough, then that's all that should be said about it. He was the one Dear Leader called stupid, so what makes for a sufficient apology is Crowley's call to make.

  4. #14
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Baralis View Post
    I failed to see any reason why the president needed to comment on the situation to begin with. Perhaps his true feelings showed a little bit here and we see that he is a minority that feels blacks are unjustly treated by a white society.

    Dont get me wrong im all for equality but when equality becomes reparations for the deeds of our ancestors (and that doesnt even apply to alot of us), it has gone to far.
    Are you now denying that minorities are NOT treated differently? Is that your argument?

  5. #15
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 05:08 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,260

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Are you now denying that minorities are NOT treated differently? Is that your argument?
    Hmmm well i dont treat em any diferent. Do you?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #16
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hmmm well i dont treat em any diferent. Do you?
    Neither do I. I can hate a black, or hispanic just as easily as I can hate a white person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Are you now denying that minorities are NOT treated differently? Is that your argument?
    Why are you treating minorities differently?

  8. #18
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Why are you treating minorities differently?
    Because minorities are special and desrve to be held to a lower standard.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #19
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Hmmm well i dont treat em any diferent. Do you?

    Me either.

    I think the problem is too many minorities want to be treated different. (special kinda different).
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  10. #20
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:46 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,219

    Re: Obama says regrets remark in racially charged case

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Me either.

    I think the problem is too many minorities want to be treated different. (special kinda different).
    If it weren't for racism, Gates would have had to just sit there and take it...just like everybody else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •