Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 93

Thread: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

  1. #61
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Fail..........
    Are you just upset because i did not post based on my emotional outrage of this incident? From the get go, my stance in this discussion was in clear view.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  2. #62
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Are you just upset because i did not post based on my emotional outrage of this incident? From the get go, my stance in this discussion was in clear view.
    First off, I don't get emotional about online bulletin boards. I save my emotional outbursts for the real world.

    Secondly, your posts lack an understanding of the brain development and social maturity of an average 8 year old, and their typical response to a child of their same age group (who would NOT be perceived as a stranger).

    I'm not annoyed, you've just done a shyte job of arguing your chosen position. Thanks for playing, though.

  3. #63
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,412

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    That poor, poor girl. I hope she can get the help she needs.

    I saw a girl once on the show intervention whose father blamed her for her getting raped and didn't do anything about prosecuting the guy and the girl was so messed up it the head, it was sickening.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  4. #64
    Baby Eating Monster
    Korimyr the Rat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Laramie, WY
    Last Seen
    11-23-17 @ 02:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    18,709
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Honor in tribes lie with the females and if a female is disgraced, it disgraces the family.
    Damn right.

    The problem is that people of these cultures don't understand whose fault it is, and whose blood is necessary to wash their honor clean. They deepen their shame by dishonoring their kinswoman further, and by forgiving the filth whose blood is owed to them. I understand the concept of disgrace, but I simply cannot understand how they do not see that the dishonor is done to them by the men who have attacked their daughter and that shame lies in not forcing them to make recompense, one way or another.

  5. #65
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    First off, I don't get emotional about online bulletin boards. I save my emotional outbursts for the real world.
    You are taking this specific discussion rather seriously....

    Secondly, your posts lack an understanding of the brain development and social maturity of an average 8 year old, and their typical response to a child of their same age group (who would NOT be perceived as a stranger).
    Your reasoning is based on an unprovable assumption: it is typical behavior for an eight year old to fall prey to strangers. I reject this theory based on my own experiences.

    I'm not annoyed, you've just done a shyte job of arguing your chosen position. Thanks for playing, though.
    Another opinion? I am impressed
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  6. #66
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    Quote Originally Posted by Korimyr the Rat View Post
    Damn right.

    The problem is that people of these cultures don't understand whose fault it is, and whose blood is necessary to wash their honor clean. They deepen their shame by dishonoring their kinswoman further, and by forgiving the filth whose blood is owed to them. I understand the concept of disgrace, but I simply cannot understand how they do not see that the dishonor is done to them by the men who have attacked their daughter and that shame lies in not forcing them to make recompense, one way or another.
    I agree, it takes a certain mentality that has been around for a very long time to think along the lines of blaming the victim rather than the criminal


  7. #67
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,254

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    I agree, it takes a certain mentality that has been around for a very long time to think along the lines of blaming the victim rather than the criminal
    As far as assigning blame in this instance, my vote goes for the father. He lets his little girl roam without his supervision, when she was clearly unable to make a proper choice, all the while believing that rape is not a males fault.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  8. #68
    User Slithering Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    12-07-09 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    114

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Where do these ****ing savages get the idea that the girl child is at fault for getting gang raped and why, why is police department:




    Really? What purpose would learning this help in explaining savagry?


    Sometimes people in this world make me sick.
    However we may disagree on some matters, I complete agree with you here!!! 100%! This is sickening.

  9. #69
    User Slithering Rainbow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Florida
    Last Seen
    12-07-09 @ 03:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    114

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    It doesn't matter what she did. Nothing anyone does ever IMO makes sexual assult or abuse okay. Period.

  10. #70
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,412

    Re: Who's to blame in sex assault of girl? Father says nobody

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    As far as assigning blame in this instance, my vote goes for the father. He lets his little girl roam without his supervision, when she was clearly unable to make a proper choice, all the while believing that rape is not a males fault.
    Good point. If this father is so worried about his daughters honor or what not, why is she being allowed to be put into this kind of situation. Where were the parents when this happened?
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •