Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 161

Thread: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

  1. #81
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Well, do you have a problem with teaching children about heterosexuality? I'm not talking about the actual sex act itself, but that there is a mommy and a daddy who love each other? Yes or no?

    For me, that answer is a definite yes. I also see zero problem in teaching children about diversity - biracialI couples, for instance, and homosexual ones, too. Certainly nothing sexually graphic, but that such couples exist, they're equal, and most definitely acceptable.

    That's what I mean when I say children should be taught that homosexuality is perfectly acceptable.
    I never once talked to my kid about heterosexuality, so I fail to see why someone else should have taught him about homosexuality, especially since he was aware of it from a normal age.
    as far as diversity, kid is either tolerant of it by the time you get to 'sex ed' or he is a bigot that i doubt any class in school is going to change with their warm and fuzzy 'cant we all just get along' and 'kumbaya' crapola
    there is no need to talk about sexuality at school
    safe sex and pregnancy and STDs can all be addressed without including sexual orientation. Kid will learn tolerance, or not, when he is suspended from school for calling a wimpy kid 'Faggot'

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  2. #82
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    I never once talked to my kid about heterosexuality, so I fail to see why someone else should have taught him about homosexuality, especially since he was aware of it from a normal age.
    as far as diversity, kid is either tolerant of it by the time you get to 'sex ed' or he is a bigot that i doubt any class in school is going to change with their warm and fuzzy 'cant we all just get along' and 'kumbaya' crapola
    there is no need to talk about sexuality at school
    If he's a bigot, it's because he learned that from somewhere. If he's accepting, same. If a kid is being taught at home that homosexuality is wrong, he's probably gonna act on that in some way when he encounters someone who is homosexual. Seen it happen plenty-o-times. I bet you have, too.


    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    safe sex and pregnancy and STDs can all be addressed without including sexual orientation. Kid will learn tolerance, or not, when he is suspended from school for calling a wimpy kid 'Faggot'
    We most definitely agree on this.

  3. #83
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Well, do you have a problem with teaching children about heterosexuality?
    You won't teach my kids about it in school. It's **** like that that will cause me to show up at the school house making a big scene.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #84
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,145

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Whoa, slow down, it's not, "my", holy book. Alls I'm saying, is that if you believe what the Bible says, homosexuality is a sin.

    You're condemning folks for their religious beliefs and no, you don't have that right. Religious freedom is a civil right and condemnation of their beliefs is a violation of tyheir civil rights.

    So is eating shellfish. What's your point?
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  5. #85
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Why is it perfectly acceptable? And further more, what gives you the right to force others to accept your view over their own?
    Homosexuality - whether you chalk it up to social construct or simple biological drive - is perfectly acceptable sexual behavior, as there is no mental illness, deficiency, or irrational behavior associated with the practicioner. Indeed, those individuals who are homosexual are just as autonomous and rational as any heterosexual individual. Psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals agree that homosexuality is not an illness, a mental disorder, or an emotional problem. These conclusions were reached after many years of unbiased study.

    In addition to our long history with homosexuality, we are not the only species who practices it. It is found throughout the animal kingdom, something those individuals who advocate 'natural law' as a justifiable reason for differential treatment of gays and lesbians. The debates about homosexuality, in part because they often involve public policy and legal issues, tend to be sharply polarized. Those most concerned with homosexuality, positively or negatively, are also those most engaged, with natural law theorists arguing for gays and lesbians having a reduced legal status.

    I believe those who wish to treat homosexuality as negative are incorrect simply because there is no evidence that the behavior is, in fact, wrong at all from a secular perspective, and even those who argue from a biblical standpoint are at the mercy of strong, secular arguments to the contrary.

  6. #86
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    Homosexuality - whether you chalk it up to social construct or simple biological drive - is perfectly acceptable sexual behavior, as there is no mental illness, deficiency, or irrational behavior associated with the practicioner. Indeed, those individuals who are homosexual are just as autonomous and rational as any heterosexual individual. Psychologists, psychiatrists, and other mental health professionals agree that homosexuality is not an illness, a mental disorder, or an emotional problem. These conclusions were reached after many years of unbiased study.

    In addition to our long history with homosexuality, we are not the only species who practices it. It is found throughout the animal kingdom, something those individuals who advocate 'natural law' as a justifiable reason for differential treatment of gays and lesbians. The debates about homosexuality, in part because they often involve public policy and legal issues, tend to be sharply polarized. Those most concerned with homosexuality, positively or negatively, are also those most engaged, with natural law theorists arguing for gays and lesbians having a reduced legal status.

    I believe those who wish to treat homosexuality as negative are incorrect simply because there is no evidence that the behavior is, in fact, wrong at all from a secular perspective, and even those who argue from a biblical standpoint are at the mercy of strong, secular arguments to the contrary.
    So your beliefs trump others beliefs.

    Got it.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  7. #87
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You won't teach my kids about it in school. It's **** like that that will cause me to show up at the school house making a big scene.
    In which case I imagine they'll simply call the law, have you arrested, and you can argue your case from behind bars. Now, if you can act like a reasonable adult, present your viewpoint logically, and discuss your disagreement in a calm, respectable manner, chances are you'll be given a much fairer shake. If they don't, then you can air your grievance with the local school board or to whomever you want. Respectably, of course.
    Last edited by Singularity; 07-26-09 at 10:40 PM.

  8. #88
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by disneydude View Post
    So is eating shellfish. What's your point?
    Along with eating pork. See a connection???
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  9. #89
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 05:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,491

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    In which case I imagine they'll simply call the law, have you arrested, and you can argue your case from behind bars. Now, if you can act like a reasonable adult, present your viewpoint logically, and discuss your disagreement in a calm, respectable manner, chances are you'll be given a much fairer shake. If not, you can air your grievance with the local school board or to whomever you want.
    No, they won't call the law; unless they want a HUGE friggin lawsuit on their hands.

    I live in the south. We still have rights down here. Believe it, or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #90
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    12-12-17 @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    So your beliefs trump others beliefs.

    Got it.
    That would be an incorrect synopsis of my position. 'Homosexuality is perfectly acceptable' would be the more accurate depiction.

    You are certainly welcome to attempt a rebuttal. Or you can simply make more unsubstantiated claims to the contrary based on your misunderstandings of my abridgement. Either way, it's your choice.

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •