Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 161

Thread: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

  1. #71
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,416

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    That all depends on which kind of Buddhism you believe. In China, Buddhists believe that homosexuality is a sin.

    But, don't you have to wonder what an, "unlawful sexual act", is? You probably don't think that deeply.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #72
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    That all depends on which kind of Buddhism you believe. In China, Buddhists believe that homosexuality is a sin.
    Link?

    But, don't you have to wonder what an, "unlawful sexual act", is?
    It explained in the quoted portion of my post what an "unlawful sexual act" is...

    You probably don't think that deeply.
    Don't whine about insults anymore, lest you be a hypocrite.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #73
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,416

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Link?
    No problem, babe. I don't mind supporting my ****, at all.

    In Chinese Buddhism, homosexuality was a third level sin punishable in one of the nine hells.
    LGBT issues and Buddhism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia


    Don't whine about insults anymore, lest you be a hypocrite.
    I don't whine, may man. But, you do insult, when you lack any other input.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #74
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No problem, babe. I don't mind supporting my ****, at all.
    So you've proven that Chinese Buddhism considers homosexuality to be a sin. That does reflect the religion as a whole, so my assertion that you were incorrect when saying all "major, accepted, organized religions consider homosexuality a sin" stands.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  5. #75
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Anima View Post
    More like if you treat being gay is something sinful and shameful that must be dealt with before Jesus sees it, you're homophobic.
    Basically, accept gays as the left demands or be demonized. Ahh the old liberal "tolerance and diversity" on display.

    I can accept a gay man and dislike his being gay and not be homophobic.. well at least by rationale standards.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  6. #76
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So you've proven that Chinese Buddhism considers homosexuality to be a sin. That does reflect the religion as a whole, so my assertion that you were incorrect when saying all "major, accepted, organized religions consider homosexuality a sin" stands.
    blanket statements usually come back to bite you everytime

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  7. #77
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,416

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So you've proven that Chinese Buddhism considers homosexuality to be a sin. That does reflect the religion as a whole, so my assertion that you were incorrect when saying all "major, accepted, organized religions consider homosexuality a sin" stands.
    Well, I've proved that ALL of those religions consider homosexuality to be a sin. As much a sin as Christianity says it is, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #78
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    You think it is ridiculous that an organization can exist and operate in America, that attempts to help people change their sexual behavior if that is what they want, in the USA? That's an extreme viewpoint.
    In your mind it's extreme. In the mind of many others - including myself - it isn't. In fact, i'd warrant that most folks would label organizations such as Exodus International extreme.

    The key component I think you are overlooking is why someone would voluntarily seek out such an organization to begin with. I'll put that question to you, then we can reflect on your answer.


    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Hold on buddy, mind your own business and leave my kid alone. I, his father, will teach him about sexuality and sexual morality, you keep out of it. You're using two unrelated examples because the former is voluntary, and the second really isn't. (If you can't afford private school and have to work full time, public school is almost unavoidable.)
    Whenever I read something like this, I get the impression that you are basically saying, "I am teaching my child that homosexuality is wrong, people can do as they wish, but this lifestyle should in no way be acceptable". If that is the case, then yes, it becomes 'my business'. It also becomes everyone else's, too, because sooner or later, it's very likely that your child will act on what he or she has been taught. It may be something as minor as verbally assaulting someone who is gay (and I use the term 'minor' relatively speaking). Or perhaps it could be a physical confrontation. In some cases, it could end up being much, much worse. In any case, teaching a child that a certain group of people are 'lesser' or 'acting sinfully' becomes my business and everyone else's once your child acts on what he's been taught.

    Now, if your argument is that you - not the state - wish to teach your child that homosexuality is perfectly acceptable and there is nothing wrong with it, that's a different argument. But if you're simply using it as a smokescreen to pass along anti-homosexual indoctrination to your progeny, then expect me to strongly disagree, because there's a strong possibility that it'll become my business (and everyone else's) sooner or later.
    Last edited by Singularity; 07-26-09 at 09:36 PM.

  9. #79
    Hung like Einstein
    Singularity's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    San Diego
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 05:47 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,058

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    I am sorry, but how does the existence of a lunatic fringe group justify teaching children about homosexuality? I can see teaching them about all the various religions out there, but not what you suggest
    Well, do you have a problem with teaching children about heterosexuality? I'm not talking about the actual sex act itself, but that there is a mommy and a daddy who love each other? Yes or no?

    For me, that answer is a definite yes. I also see zero problem in teaching children about diversity - biracial couples, for instance, and homosexual ones, too. Certainly nothing sexually graphic, but that such couples exist, they're equal, and most definitely acceptable.

    That's what I mean when I say children should be taught that homosexuality is perfectly acceptable.
    Last edited by Singularity; 07-26-09 at 09:38 PM.

  10. #80
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by Singularity View Post
    That's what I mean when I say children should be taught that homosexuality is perfectly acceptable.
    Why is it perfectly acceptable? And further more, what gives you the right to force others to accept your view over their own?
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •