Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 161

Thread: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

  1. #61
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    You should better educate yourself on world religions.
    You should post some docs proving me wrong instead of just trying to insult me. I was speaking of organized, accepted, mainstream religions. I didn't think I had to note that. Obviously, there are some dendrapheliac'ish religions out there that think that homosexuality is perfectly fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #62
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    He can if those discussions disrupt the work environment or are not appropriate to that work environment.

    Again the speech isn't illegal, however, there are consequences sometimes for that speech.

    BTW that also goes in reverse. If I am at work and I say "Christians are idiots for believing in a made-up god", that could create a hostile working environment and I can be reprimanded or fired.
    I would love to see that one go down...LOL!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  3. #63
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You should post some docs proving me wrong instead of just trying to insult me. I was speaking of organized, accepted, mainstream religions. I didn't think I had to note that. Obviously, there are some dendrapheliac'ish religions out there that think that homosexuality is perfectly fine.
    So what do you mean when you say "accepted" religions? Are Buddhism and Hinduism not considered "accepted" by your standards?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  4. #64
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    So what do you mean when you say "accepted" religions? Are Buddhism and Hinduism not considered "accepted" by your standards?
    Post a link, or let the flame bait go, dude.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #65
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Post a link, or let the flame bait go, dude.
    Answer my question and I will gladly post a link. Do you consider Buddhism and Hinduism to be "organized, accepted, mainstream" religions?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  6. #66
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Answer my question and I will gladly post a link. Do you consider Buddhism and Hinduism to be "organized, accepted, mainstream" religions?
    Post a link, or let is go. If you have to ask, then you obviously don't have anything to back up your point of view.


    But, I will tell you now that neither Buddhism, nor Hinduism condone homosexuality. Buddhism doesn't address it one way, or another, but does say that you must approach religion based on what you believe to be true. Hinduism condemns homosexuality the same way Christianity and Islam do. However, just like Christianity, Hindusim is interpreted in different ways and some Hindus accept homosexuality as being ok.

    You still gonna post a link?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #67
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Answer my question and I will gladly post a link. Do you consider Buddhism and Hinduism to be "organized, accepted, mainstream" religions?

    Howdy, Guy.

    Over here mudslinging, too I see.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  8. #68
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    But, I will tell you now that neither Buddhism, nor Hinduism condone homosexuality.
    Moving the goalposts now, are we? I never claimed any religion condoned homosexuality. Here are your words:

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The thing that smotes Leftists the most, is that they only condemn Christians as homophobes, when every organized religion in the world considers homosexuality a sin.
    Very dishonest of you.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  9. #69
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,246

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Moving the goalposts now, are we? I never claimed any religion condoned homosexuality. Here are your words:



    Very dishonest of you.
    No link, eh?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #70
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: 'Missing' Man Sought by Gay Pal Is Willingly Undergoing Counseling, Family Says

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    No link, eh?
    Here you go, here is my link refuting your original statement that all "major, accepted, organized" religions view homosexuality as a "sin":

    The fourth of the eight steps is called Samma kammanta: Right conduct or right behavior. It has been stated as:
    "Do not destroy any living creature; take only what is given to you; do not commit any unlawful sexual act." 9
    The prohibition against engaging in sexual misconduct is also listed as the third of the five Buddhist precepts. Sometimes it is expressed as simply forbidding adultery.
    When applied to sexual behavior, this step would seem to imply that one must:
    Practice safe sex to minimize the chance of passing an STD to a sexual partner that could, in the case of HIV and HPV, cause death.
    Engage in only consensual sex. It is a bit of a stretch, but forced or manipulative sexual behavior could be interpreted as theft.
    Avoid "unlawful" sexual acts. This is a difficult phrase to interpret. From a legal standpoint, the U.S. Supreme court decided (Lawrence v. Texas, 2003) that all private consensual sexual activity between adults is lawful. Unlawful sex in the U.S. would include activity between an adult and a child, sex in public, sex that is forced, sex for money, etc.
    Buddhism and homosexuality
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •