Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 250

Thread: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

  1. #171
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    When my nation puts men in the field where they can be shot at, you can bet your sorry liberal whiny ass that I want the term "victory" defined and plans in place to secure that victory with the least possible risk to my side.

    I just love the way whiny ass liberals who've never served in the military want to avoid the word "victory" merely because it's making their messiah look foolish.
    Your nation, led by irresponsible, privileged rich boys who never served in the military, put Americans at risk in Iraq with no plan for "victory" and no hope of resolution. So don't talk to me about "whiny liberals" or your manly Republican patriotism. You started a war in Afghanistan that you walked away from , then started another in Iraq which cannot be "won". Your side blew it...again....leaving the rest of us to clean up your mess. Next time you feel like acting manly, go watch a Rambo movie.

  2. #172
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Your nation, led by irresponsible, privileged rich boys who never served in the military, put Americans at risk in Iraq with no plan for "victory" and no hope of resolution. So don't talk to me about "whiny liberals" or your manly Republican patriotism. You started a war in Afghanistan that you walked away from , then started another in Iraq which cannot be "won". Your side blew it...again....leaving the rest of us to clean up your mess. Next time you feel like acting manly, go watch a Rambo movie.



    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    So can you please tell us, what "non-victory" is and what it entails?



    so nothing?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  3. #173
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Your nation, led by irresponsible, privileged rich boys who never served in the military, put Americans at risk in Iraq with no plan for "victory" and no hope of resolution.
    Psst... this in July of 2009, not January of 2006.
    Try to keep up with current events.

    You started a war in Afghanistan that you walked away from...
    ... so then you disagree with The Obama and his continuance of GWB's means, methods and goals in Afghanistan?
    Odd, that I haven't seen a single note of disagreement from you.

    then started another in Iraq which cannot be "won".
    Again...this in July of 2009, not January of 2006.
    Try to keep up with current events.

    Your side blew it...again....leaving the rest of us to clean up your mess.
    Cleaning it up... by doing exactly the same thing that GWB was doing.

    If there was ever any more clear proof of your partisan bigotry, it is this post.
    Well done.

  4. #174
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Your nation, led by irresponsible, privileged rich boys who never served in the military, put Americans at risk in Iraq with no plan for "victory" and no hope of resolution.
    Hello?

    The goal in Iraq was always precisely stated: The replacement of a socialist totatitarian regime with a constitutional representative democratic republic. That's been done. Because of damn fools like the Messiah and the tards that voted for him, they're going to rush the necessary period of occupation and risk losing the victory earned in a lame attempt to "bring the troops home" before the assurances that to goal is firmly in hand are established.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    So don't talk to me about "whiny liberals"
    My nation has freedom of speech as it's very first guaranteed right, buddy.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    or your manly Republican patriotism.
    Wouldn't know about that. I'm just a patriot, not a Republican.

    You wouldn't know about either, either.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You started a war in Afghanistan that you walked away from,
    No.

    Afghanistan started a war with the United States on September 11, 2001.

    You've chosen to forget.

    I never will.

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    then started another in Iraq which cannot be "won". Your side blew it...again....leaving the rest of us to clean up your mess. Next time you feel like acting manly, go watch a Rambo movie.
    The war in Iraq was won.

    Remember the "mission accomplished" show on the carrier deck? That was the end of the war in Iraq.

    The occupation has been won also, unless the Messiah throws it away, which he's perfectly capable of, being the ignorant buffoon that he is.

  5. #175
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Afghanistan started a war with the United States on September 11, 2001.

    You've chosen to forget.

    I never will.
    You've chosen to re-write history. The country of Afghanistan didn't fly planes into buildings, that was Al-Qaeda.

    The only reason we invaded Afghanistna was to get to Al-Q, whom the Taliban were harboring.

    Had they given us Al-Q we wouldn't have invaded them. Learn your history instead of trying to re-write it.

  6. #176
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Hello?

    The goal in Iraq was always precisely stated: The replacement of a socialist totatitarian regime with a constitutional representative democratic republic. That's been done. Because of damn fools like the Messiah and the tards that voted for him, they're going to rush the necessary period of occupation and risk losing the victory earned in a lame attempt to "bring the troops home" before the assurances that to goal is firmly in hand are established.
    Well this is blatantly dishonest, or just downright ignorant on your part. I am sorry but have you ever bothered to educate yourself outside of direct talking points from Richard Pearle? The level of dishonesty in this one statement is astounding, does it not bother you at all to be so shameless? Where to begin? Rush the period of occupation...the SOF agreement was written and signed under President Bush. The goal in Iraq was NEVER, I repeat NEVER about replacement of a socialist totalitarian regime. Do you honestly believe this? It would take any normal human about 2 minutes of research to see just how patently flawed this argument is. What does this say about your whole argument when you need to lie so shamelessly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Wouldn't know about that. I'm just a patriot, not a Republican.

    You wouldn't know about either, either.
    See above. When it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and repeats long since discredit Republican talking points, what do you expect? You lose serious credibility when attempting to label yourself as "Independent" when you repeatedly show no independence what so ever. What I think is it is a shameless attempt at gaining credibility.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No.

    Afghanistan started a war with the United States on September 11, 2001.

    You've chosen to forget.

    I never will.
    Apparently you have either forgoten, or once again just hopelessly clueless to events that have transpired. You really should have read any number of excellent reports, articles, books, PBS documentaries, etc.. that would have shown just how pathetically wrong you are. There is no amount of spin you can make on this one. The facts are clear; the Bush administration pulled the very Special Forces assets needed out of Afghanistan at the time they were most needed for Iraq. For 6 years they allowed Afghanistan to linger with no clear strategy other than to just be there. The offensive being taken right now in the south is the first attempt since 2001 to actually form a strategy. What an amazing concept it is, this idea of actually holding territory and not giving it back to the Taliban. You see when you send 150,000 troops to an optional war, it limits the amount you have for the first one. But I guess you can ignore that can't you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The war in Iraq was won.

    Remember the "mission accomplished" show on the carrier deck? That was the end of the war in Iraq.

    The occupation has been won also, unless the Messiah throws it away, which he's perfectly capable of, being the ignorant buffoon that he is.
    Yes, and we in the the last throes of the insurgency when? The military accomplished IT'S mission in the invasion of Iraq in 2003, the administration failed for not have ANY post war strategy or planning. They failed in their accounting of an insurgency, and they failed to acknowledge this well past when every person in the world know it. The only ignorant buffoon was that of the previous administration and the morons who blindly followed them into believing their lies. I suppose you are one who still thinks there are WMDs to be found, along with that ever so compelling link to terrorists?

    Maybe you should consider investing more time into learning what actually transpired this past decade?

  7. #177
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,610

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    No one? "non-victory" what is it? anyone?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #178
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Where to begin? Rush the period of occupation...the SOF agreement was written and signed under President Bush. The goal in Iraq was NEVER, I repeat NEVER about replacement of a socialist totalitarian regime.
    Regime Change in Iraq became official US policy in 1998.
    GWB first used the term in Septermber of 2002.

    Do you honestly believe this? It would take any normal human about 2 minutes of research to see just how patently flawed this argument is.
    It took me far less than that to illustrate your error here.
    What does that say about your whole argument when you need to lie so shamelessly?

  9. #179
    Educator sam_w's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    09-24-09 @ 04:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    724

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Regime Change in Iraq became official US policy in 1998.
    GWB first used the term in Septermber of 2002.


    It took me far less than that to illustrate your error here.
    What does that say about your whole argument when you need to lie so shamelessly?
    Ok, don't bother to add what was sold to the citizens, just ignore the multitude of press briefings, talk show appearances, UN speeches, leaks to the press of fabricated evidence, shall I go on? You seem to essentially want to wipe out a couple of years of history. Well good for you, the rest of us will remember the yellowcake, Oddball, the aluminum tubes, the supposed meeting in Prague, the mobile biological labs, the Boeing jet used for "terrorist" training, the UAVs capable of spreading biological mayhem, the mushroom clouds, shall I go on?

  10. #180
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by sam_w View Post
    Ok, don't bother to add what was sold to the citizens...
    There were several things "sold" to the citizens.
    Ousting Saddam and his government was clearly among then.

    just ignore the multitude of press briefings, talk show appearances, UN speeches, leaks to the press of fabricated evidence, shall I go on?
    You can, but nothing you say will change the soundness of what I said - that Regime Change has been part of US policy since 1998 and that GWB stated it as a goal of any potential war in Iraq.

    You seem to essentially want to wipe out a couple of years of history.
    No, I am in full command of the history.
    YOU, on the other hand, want to ignore the history that does not allow you to attack GWB.
    Shall I go on?

Page 18 of 25 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •