Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 250

Thread: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

  1. #151
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Red_Dave View Post
    oh piss off I posted historical examples (having actually read the article) and you,ve just posted partisan filth.
    Yes, you defended your Messiah, and made no discernable comment on the fact that if your Messiah doesn't want to define victory, he must not want victory, and thus why the **** are the troops still in Afghanistan?

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So in other words, you have nothing factual to back up your lies, just the usually partisan hackery of calling someone a rapist that has not raped anyone, Got it. I thought you were against slander, after all the defending you did of Palin. So I guess you are quite ok with accusing someone of guilt when it hasn't been brought before trial.

    You are right about one thing, you are not a court of law, so your OPINION and your Judgment means nothing to the real world.

    Carry on.
    So, in other words, you have no comment to make about the historical ignorance of your Messiah and his teleprompter puppeteers. Your Messiah refused to define what "victory" was, yet you're perfectly happy that he has continued to put troops in the field to not secure victory.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Que? ........
    Lots of dead Americans, something the left was eager to see under Bush, but now they're going to ignore them since their Messiah is saving them for a non-victory.

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So, in other words, you have no comment to make about the historical ignorance of your Messiah and his teleprompter puppeteers. Your Messiah refused to define what "victory" was, yet you're perfectly happy that he has continued to put troops in the field to not secure victory.
    His goal is the same as it has been, to ensure Afghanistan has a stable government and is providing assistance to that.

    Your pathetic and childish use of "your messiah" crap has left your comments without substance and your partisan hatred for Obama has left you blind and incapable of not being able to use partisan attacks when people disagree with you.

    You are dismissed.

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Lots of dead Americans, something the left was eager to see under Bush, but now they're going to ignore them since their Messiah is saving them for a non-victory.
    The majority on the left was not eager to see soldiers die, but don't let facts get in the way of your pathetic and childish partisan attacks.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The majority on the left was not eager to see soldiers die, but don't let facts get in the way of your pathetic and childish partisan attacks.
    Sure you are.

    I remember the celebrations you people had commemorating the 3000th dead soldier in Iraq, and then the 4000th.

    But I bet you don't say a ****in' word about the soldiers "Don't Want No Victory" Obama gets killed.

  7. #157
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    "Our goal is to make sure they can't attack the United States".

    That's how He defines our objective.
    This was also part of GWB's stated objective, thought Bush's full objective was far broader.

    Given that, I am not sure how or why it is The Obama supporters here feel the need to attack Bush.
    ""We are confident that if we are assisting the Afghan people and improving their security situation, stabilizing their government, providing help on economic development ... those things will continue to contract the ability of Al Qaeda to operate. And that is absolutely critical,"

    Sounds to me like The Obama is proceeding with the same goals and the methods to achieve them as GWB.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    His goal is the same as it has been, to ensure Afghanistan has a stable government and is providing assistance to that.
    No, that would be "victory", and your messiah just stated he doesn't want to define victory.

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    ""We are confident that if we are assisting the Afghan people and improving their security situation, stabilizing their government, providing help on economic development ... those things will continue to contract the ability of Al Qaeda to operate. And that is absolutely critical,"

    Sounds to me like The Obama is proceeding with the same goals and the methods to achieve them as GWB.
    Sounds to me like the Messiah is afraid of use a manly word like "victory", and he wants to have americans fight and die for no victory.
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 07-27-09 at 02:16 PM.

  10. #160
    Educator Grateful Heart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Last Seen
    12-27-09 @ 03:58 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,010

    Re: Obama: 'Victory' Not Necessarily Goal in Afghanistan

    This is all so very simple I don't know why it's taken up 15+ pages of posts.

    Obama and his supporters will never declare 'victory' since the use of the word would tend to provide a sense of legitimacy to a military effort, and more importantly, an administration they opposed virulently for eight years.

    Therefore he and his friends will be left equivocating and splitting hairs and talking out of both sides of their mouths. The new administration's policies, no doubt, will be dubbed 'effective,' 'wise,' 'thoughtful,' and 'impressive' by both Obama and his supporters.

    But they won't consider the possibility of a 'victory' in a battle they are determined to portray as illegitimate in the first place.

    Ironically, Obama's election ensured that they can no longer talk of defeat. A very frustrating position for many on the liberal boards.

    ..
    Last edited by Grateful Heart; 07-27-09 at 02:16 PM.

Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •