Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 71

Thread: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

  1. #51
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeTh!nk3r View Post
    And which law would it be that is being broken? Can you point to exact cite in either the USC or US Constitution for us?
    Title 39 USC Section 3210

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeTh!nk3r View Post
    The entire chart is absolutely misleading. There isnt a final bill being debated. In fact as of right now there are 4 different bills being created. So why should the GOP be allowed to send a "chart" that doesnt even reflect all bills being considered. When did we start to support government waste again?
    Not the "GOP"....members of Congress. Anti-Republicans are at liberty to send out on the Congressional Frank their own chart debunking the Republican chart.

    I do not see that as waste. That's what transparent and open debate looks like in a representative republican democracy.

  2. #52
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    So what you're saying is that the GOP has to have their mail checked by their masters before is can be allowed out the door.

    Does your demand remind you of any special kinds of recurrent oppressive (ie, liberal) societies most notable for driving the history of the Twentieth Century?
    Oh God Mr. Slippery Slope. YOU'RE BREATHING. HITLER BREATHED. YOU'RE HITLER!!

  3. #53
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by PeteEU View Post
    What good? Can you even name anything good the last decade?
    The impeachment of Bill Clinton.

    The Bush Tax Cuts.

    The attack on Afghanland after it's cowardly attack on September 11th.

    The withdrawal of the US from the defunct ABM treaty.

    The withdrawal of the US signature from the ridiculous Kyoto Protocol.

    The Heller decision re-affirming that the Second Amendment guarantees that gun ownership is an individual private right, not a collective right of state militias.

    The appoinments of Roberts and Alito to the Supreme Court (but subtract points for the Meiers circus).

    And well, lets' face it, GW Bush was a damn liberal and he didn't do much else good, and he did a lot of damage, but that's because he's a libbie.

  4. #54
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Oh God Mr. Slippery Slope. YOU'RE BREATHING. HITLER BREATHED. YOU'RE HITLER!!
    Funny, I don't recall mentioning any particular regime. In fact, I was thinking more of your prototypical socialist paradise, the Soviet Union.

    But no, you had to name your hero.

  5. #55
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post

    And well, lets' face it, GW Bush was a damn liberal and he didn't do much else good, and he did a lot of damage, but that's because he's a libbie.
    If Bush was a "liberal", God protect us from conservatives

  6. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    This is about the Republicans' chart, not "my" criticisms. Anything specific about it you care to dispute?

    Nice attempt at deflection, but not being a moron, I'm not biting.
    No.

    This is about the Democrats censoring communications between other House members and their constituents.

    Call it what it is:

    Censorship.

  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeTh!nk3r View Post
    Department of Homeland Security is an epic example of government waste. This is a department that should be dismantled and the duties handed back over to the CIA and the FBI which in fact did the job quite well since there creation. What purpose does homeland security serve that the FBI nor CIA could do as they have done before?
    The Dept of Homeland Security brought several other organizations under its umbrella and has worked to keep you safe from another 9-11 scale attack for years now.

    Yes, adding TRILLIONS of dollars to the national debt is a good thing. So much for fiscal conservation.
    Please demonstrate where the tax cuts added TRILLIONS of dollars to the national debt. I would accept budget projections and actual ledgers from before and after to start.

    Yes, all hail the expanding policies of interventionism. We should have put that money to use right here in the US we have our own citizens dying of AIDS. Screw these other countries AMERICANS FIRST.
    Aiding a humanitarian crisis is not what we typically consider "interventionist" as you seem to be using the word. And I have not seen that boorish sentiment expressed in any but the most myopic of views...

    Please do keep going, this should be interesting.
    Massive overhaul of transportation regulations, passage of the partial birth abortion act, campaign finance reform, passage of the Energy bill...

    I can keep going if you need me to...

  8. #58
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,542

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeTh!nk3r View Post
    The entire chart is absolutely misleading. There isnt a final bill being debated. In fact as of right now there are 4 different bills being created. So why should the GOP be allowed to send a "chart" that doesnt even reflect all bills being considered. When did we start to support government waste again?
    Good grief. This is the like the Monkey Sticks phenomenon where one monkey will figure out how to do something clever, and then suddenly unrelated monkeys all over the place will start to do the same thing. Except here, it's the Liberal Sticks where one liberal will come up with a bizarre argument -- that you're not allowed to criticize a bill until it's in "final form" -- and then the rest pick up on it.

    This is a stupid non-argument. If it accurately reflects a bill, then it's NOT misleading, even if there are competing VERSIONS of the bill out there.

    I can't IMAGINE any of you ever making this argument about criticizing a Republican-sponsored bill in a Republican Congress, and indeed, you'd laugh at anyone making it.

    This is simply asinine.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  9. #59
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    we're not "pointing them out" because we don't understand the graph, we're not supposed to. That's the point.
    So we're not supposed to understand the Health Care Nationalizatino bureaucracy the Democrats are inventing right now?

    Why not?

    Why do you accept this?

  10. #60
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,542

    Re: Democrats Block GOP Health Care Mailing

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    we're not "pointing them out" because we don't understand the graph, we're not supposed to. That's the point.
    Then how do you know it's all a lie, as you say, if you're unable even to comprehend it?

    Heck, a little bit ago, you said there was no plan TO criticize . . .

    (I guess this is what it means to be "1337 all the time," eh? )
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •