Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 66

Thread: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

  1. #51
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    And who are we primarily paying these interest payments to, meaning who gets most of this money?
    That depends on who owns the debt; other countries like China, local Governments and State Governments who buy US notes, private citizens, trusts and municipalities.

    Is there a point here?

  2. #52
    Sage
    disneydude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    12-13-17 @ 07:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    25,144

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by American View Post
    I'm very sorry, but you FAIL. You can't have it both ways. For 8 years you blamed Bush for everything imaginable, then it's Obama inherited everything, and what he didn't inherit we need to blame Congress for. Liberals cast the die on this bull**** about the budget being Bush's fault....now YOU'RE going to live with it. And don't worry, we'll be right here to help you remember.
    I accept that. 4 years from now...hell....even two years from now.

    If things don't improve in this country then the Democrats should be blamed because they are in charge. If things do improve, the Republicans are in serious trouble though.
    <font size=5><b>Its been several weeks since the Vegas shooting.  Its it still "Too Early" or can we start having the conversation about finally doing something about these mass shootings???​</b></font>

  3. #53
    I'm not-low all the time
    Kushinator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Loop
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    16,257

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    That depends on who owns the debt; other countries like China, local Governments and State Governments who buy US notes, private citizens, trusts and municipalities.

    Is there a point here?
    Primarily meaning who are the primary recipients of these interest payments. I am trying to locate your issue with deficits.
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    "Wealth of Nations," Book V, Chapter II, Part II, Article I, pg.911

  4. #54
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelbuc View Post
    Don't you get it... it's in the bill! The public option is designed to limit or destroy the private option over time! Keep denying it, but it's there in the bill.
    Don't you get it, the bill is not done! What are all you people wailing about? You can't bitch until there is a final draft.... DUH!

  5. #55
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:24 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,570

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    Don't you get it, the bill is not done! What are all you people wailing about? You can't bitch until there is a final draft.... DUH!
    The hell you can't. It's all part of the deliberative process.
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  6. #56
    Sage
    Gill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    The Derby City
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 10:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    8,686

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    Don't you get it, the bill is not done! What are all you people wailing about? You can't bitch until there is a final draft.... DUH!
    Don't you get it?? By the time the bill is "done", it will be too late. They've been voting and passing legislation that was finished only a couple of hours before the vote.

    • "The America Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money." -- Alexis de Tocqueville





  7. #57
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboy219 View Post
    Primarily meaning who are the primary recipients of these interest payments. I am trying to locate your issue with deficits.
    You're kidding me right? You do not have an issue with the tax payers in this nation paying the tune of $100 million PER DAY for interest because this Government cannot balance a budget?

    Stunning....I am still uncertain what your argument is however.

  8. #58
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    The hell you can't. It's all part of the deliberative process.
    You are correct and I misspoke. You can debate it of course but please give specifics like where in what bill and give the quote in terms of your issues. Just making broad baseless claims like Rush doesn't help anyone.

  9. #59
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Additionally, anything funded by tax dollars is not "cheaper", merely better at hiding the costs.
    Exactly. As I've said before, government run healthcare is simply replacing premiums with taxes. The only problem is that corporations must compete with each other, and charging premiums higher than average will cause a loss of customers. The government has no competition. You simply cannot compete with the government. That is the problem, unfortunately only one of many.
    Last edited by Lakryte; 07-23-09 at 07:27 PM.

  10. #60
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: FACT CHECK: Obama's health care claims adrift?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Exactly. As I've said before, government run healthcare is simply replacing premiums with taxes. The only problem is that corporations must compete with each other, and charging premiums higher than average will cause a loss of customers. The government has no competition. You simply cannot compete with the government. That is the problem. One of many.
    In what dream world do you live in where premiums are going down due to competition? I really want to know. It doesn't exist.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •