Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

  1. #21
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    When has the US publicly humiliated prisoners? That is what they are condemning and I can't seem to think of a time we publicly flaunted any prisoners.
    The few instances where these acts occurred, the individuals perpetrating those acts outside of policy guidelines, were prosecuted and dishonorably discharged.

    There is a vast difference between our efforts to handle prisoners humanely and those tactics used by terrorist thugs; suggesting they are anything remotely the same is disingenuous at best.

  2. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Because I find it distressing that you apparently don't follow the Military Code of Conduct in regards to the treatment of enemy prisoners, or find it necessary, based upon the race/ethnicity/religion of the particular prisoner.

    That is not the standard that I'm used to with service members.
    I would like you to cite specifically what International laws applied to capture non-uniformed terrorist combatants and what part of the Military Code of Conduct the US violated in its handling of terrorists who do not represent any nation party to these laws and treaties.

    Hint: you won’t find any but good luck.

  3. #23
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    That's American foreign policy 101! We only get mad when it's done to us.
    ...because you say so. Once more we have the "hate America" Libruls making their typical farcical claims in their tireless efforts to suggest that America is the evil in the world rather than these terrorist thugs whom the previous administration tried so desperately to protect you from.

    You just cannot fabricate the level of ignorance it takes to hate and impugn the very people trying to prevent these thugs from murdering you.

  4. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Which I said numerous times on PF. I even knew when the tables were turned we'd whine like we always do.

    Just be consistent. If you are going to ignore treaties and laws you agreed to, then fine. Just don't complain when the other guy does it. Stop pretending you care about human rights if you really don't.
    I would like you to cite the "treaties and laws" that apply to non-uniformed terrorists who are captured in foreign nations trying to murder our troops.

    Please, take some time to research and come up with them. Here's a hint for you; only legally represented NATIONS can enter into treaties and create laws others agree to abide by; these terrorist thugs do not represent any nation and their acts are outside of international laws.

    The only thing people like you are consistent on is being dead wrong and lacking common sense and FACTS.

    Carry on.

  5. #25
    Educator a777pilot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Flower Mound, in the basement
    Last Seen
    12-07-17 @ 08:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    815

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Because I find it distressing that you apparently don't follow the Military Code of Conduct in regards to the treatment of enemy prisoners, or find it necessary, based upon the race/ethnicity/religion of the particular prisoner.

    That is not the standard that I'm used to with service members.
    I know the code better than you do.

    I also know the Geneva Convention better than you do, too. (I could be wrong.)

    You must define your terms. What I said is in fact correct. Terrorists have no Geneva Convention rights as a uniformed member of an enemy force would have. That we give these terrorists any rights under the Convention or our own Code of Conduct is testament to our principles and honor we have hold dear for our Constitution. They, the terrorists, have no honor.
    I came into this world fighting, screaming and covered in someone else's blood. I have no problem going out the same way.

  6. #26
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    I would like you to cite specifically what International laws applied to capture non-uniformed terrorist combatants and what part of the Military Code of Conduct the US violated in its handling of terrorists who do not represent any nation party to these laws and treaties.

    Hint: you won’t find any but good luck.
    Whether she can or not makes no difference. She's not pointing to hypocrisy in regard to the law. She's talking about hypocrisy in terms of what we say we stand for and what we actually do. Then how we react when someone else does the same thing to one of ours.

    The fact we invented a classification of people that doesn't appear on treaties we signed, thus allowing us to "legally" mistreat them is hardly something to be bragging about. Hooray America.
    Last edited by stekim; 07-23-09 at 03:20 PM.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  7. #27
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    ...because you say so. Once more we have the "hate America" Libruls making their typical farcical claims in their tireless efforts to suggest that America is the evil in the world rather than these terrorist thugs whom the previous administration tried so desperately to protect you from.
    1. I don't hate America.
    2. I'm not a liberal.
    3. I never said evil in any post.
    4. Nice strawman.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by a777pilot View Post
    I know the code better than you do.

    I also know the Geneva Convention better than you do, too. (I could be wrong.)

    You must define your terms. What I said is in fact correct. Terrorists have no Geneva Convention rights as a uniformed member of an enemy force would have. That we give these terrorists any rights under the Convention or our own Code of Conduct is testament to our principles and honor we have hold dear for our Constitution. They, the terrorists, have no honor.
    You would be correct on ALL acounts.

  9. #29
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Whether she can or not makes no difference. She's not pointing to hypocrisy in regard to the law. She's talking about hypocrisy in terms of what we say we stand for and what we actually do. Then how we react when someone else does the same thing to one of ours.

    The fact we invented a classification of people that doesn't appear on treaties we signed, thus allowing us to "legally" mistreat them is hardly something to be bragging about. Hooray America.
    What irony watching you claim the mantle of "facts" when nothing you have cited could even remotely be considered one.

    She clearly claimed that we violated international laws and treated OUR prisoners in the same fashion terrorists do; this is factually incorrect, offensive and requires the willing suspension of common sense.

    We didn't "invent" any classifications to justify our LEGAL actions, they exist and anyone with half a brain and a modicum of common sense gets this; what part of this do you still NOT get?

    I want you to cite the exact legal treaties and laws that we have broken if you are going to continue making such farcical claims.

  10. #30
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: U.S. Condemns Video of Captured Soldier

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    1. I don't hate America.
    2. I'm not a liberal.
    3. I never said evil in any post.
    4. Nice strawman.
    Well if you rant like an American hating Librul, act like an American hating Librul and take on the strawman arguments of an American hating Librul, you just might actually be an American hating Librul.

    Not knowing you, I can only assess your politics based on your comments on this forum and within this thread; and to be quite honest with you, I can't tell the difference between your comments and the ranting lunatic Libruls that infest this forum with their intellectually lacking banter.

    My mistake I guess. Perhaps if you made sense and used some facts in your comments rather than emotional filled babble, you would appear more...Libertarian like? ::shrugs::


Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •