Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

  1. #31
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    "when congress offers you a bill, do you promise not to use presidential signing statements to get your way?"

    Obama: "Yes."



    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seAR1S1Mjkc&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Obama on Presidential Signing Statements[/ame]
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  2. #32
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    "when congress offers you a bill, do you promise not to use presidential signing statements to get your way?"

    Obama: "Yes."



    YouTube - Obama on Presidential Signing Statements
    Outstanding; hard to refute a video of his actual words; it reminds me of another video contradiction by this same man when he was asked if he was going to run for the Presidency and he said this:

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2encXLmPDo"]YouTube - Obama Admits; I Should Not Run For President In 2008[/ame]

    So what is Obama; a habitual liar or just someone who wallows in hypocrisy unaware of his huge ego and denial?

  3. #33
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once more we are dealing with YOUR perceptions in a vacuum of facts and the historic record.



    This is just more of your typical hyperbolic rhetoric in a vacuum of facts.



    The notion that you could comprehend what my arguments are would require the willing suspension of disbelief.

    My arguments are pretty clear; when we remove the hyperbolic bile you spew and your naive notions about REALITY, Bush was not as bad as you would like to believe. But in basically short order, Obama has been everything that I expected him to be; an irresponsible big spending Liberal who wants to make the American people dependents on Government largess.



    I rest my case above; your trite and absurd assertions that my arguments are a blanket defense of Bush are more telling about your absurd notions about reality and lack of any credible facts.

    What I find most amusing is your simplistic political notions that you are above the fray by claiming NO allegiance to any party as making you somehow less “partisan.” But being a partisan for foolishness, naiveté' and your obvious immaturity about how things REALLY work hardly places you above the perceptions you have about what it is to be "partisan."

    Carry on.
    what tripe. Nothing more than partisan thinking, ad hominem arguments, with no information presented, no intellectual value, and a dishonesty that is up there with Hannity's. Incredible. The government, the entity owned by the People, which wields the People's power and sovereignty, which much be controlled and limited you make excuse for not controlling or liminting. Nothing is perfect blah blah blah. What was dumb excuse. Nothing is perfect, but that doesn't mean I have to accept bottom of the barrel either. The things you tried to excuse where some of the biggest f' ups we've had to live through in quite some time. But no one's perfect.

    So why the hell are you going against Obama so hard? Healthcare? Fine, I mean, sure it's horribly conceived, won't work well, and will do more harm then good...but no one's perfect. Why would you expect it to. Sure, spending lots of money, but hell; no one's perfect. Why is it that you claim my ideals exist in some "vacuum" but yours are somehow factual and relate to the real world? There is no reason, you see the R and the D and make arguments based on that, no matter how many times you have to change your arguments and the basis for them.

    Nobody's perfect....pathetic. Elementary school kids could come up with something better than that. Nothing may be perfect, but I still demand a certain amount of competency and respect for the Constitution out of the government. Pfft...big government statists will never understand, polarized partisans can't understand, non-thinkers drinking the Kool-Aid will never get it. Because to them, their world is colored by the R and the D, not the actual actions and consequences.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  4. #34
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    07-22-09 @ 05:49 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
    That's about the most pathetic excuse I've heard for government treason and tyranny in quite some time. Well no one's perfect. HA
    Better than the current excuses..."well at least he's our first black president"

  5. #35
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:34 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,067

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by MC.no.spin View Post
    "when congress offers you a bill, do you promise not to use presidential signing statements to get your way?"

    Obama: "Yes."



    YouTube - Obama on Presidential Signing Statements
    Has ever a president painted himself into so many corners in six months in the history of this country?

  6. #36
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger10 View Post
    Better than the current excuses..."well at least he's our first black president"
    Yeah, that's another one I've heard on occasion. All this "better of the two-evils" things suck. The better of two evils is still evil. We need better control and better quality over the system, the government, and our politicians. The sins of the present DO NOT FORGIVE THE SINS OF THE PAST. That's an important issue to understand, and if we are ever to move forward and save this Republic, keep this Republic, then we must hold government responsible for its actions and the consequences thereof.
    Last edited by Ikari; 07-22-09 at 04:56 PM.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

  7. #37
    Norville Rogers
    Kernel Sanders's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Last Seen
    07-23-12 @ 10:20 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    3,730

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by rugger10 View Post
    Better than the current excuses..."well at least he's our first black president"
    Funny, I've never seen anybody post that. I'm sure that isn't a strawman, however, and you'll shortly be able to post plenty of links to posters offering that excuse

  8. #38
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    So what is Obama; a habitual liar or just someone who wallows in hypocrisy unaware of his huge ego and denial?
    Either way, these videos and evidence will come in handy in 2012.


    Obama: Change you SHOULDN'T have believed in.
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  9. #39
    Dispenser of Negativity
    Cold Highway's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Newburgh, New York and World 8: Dark Land
    Last Seen
    12-24-12 @ 11:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    9,596
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by aps View Post
    I disagree that Bush and Obama are one in the same. However, I am happy that these Democrats are applying this complaint to their own party. That's the way it should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Correction; Bush is NOTHING like Obama. Bush never spent us into a $1.8 trillion deficit with more to come and Bush never made a political grab at power as this administration has with it's czars and policies.

    Please do not place Bush in the same category as Obama, Obama has taken Government power grab to all time new highs.


    Reason TV says otherwise

    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NdETP5aR2AQ"]YouTube - Barack W. Bush?[/ame]
    Jackboots always come in matched pairs, a left boot and a right boot.

  10. #40
    Banned
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Last Seen
    01-03-16 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    12,761

    Re: Democrats scold Obama on signing statements

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    I sense MANY Democrats can't wait for the opportunity to bury Obama. They resent his rock-star fame and his razor-thin resume. Now that the tide is turning on Obama, perhaps they will turn on him, too.
    Well...
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZoErMxDPoQ"]YouTube - Joe Biden delivering an ominous message about Barack Obama[/ame]
    "Mark my words : It will not be 6 months before the world tests Barack Obama... Watch we're going to have an international crisis a generated crisis to test the mettle of this guy."" - Joe Biden

    Bush's popularity skyrocketed after 9-11 happened... what is on the verge of happeneing that have the US 'rally around the flag' like they did after 9-11, Golf of Tonkin, Pearl Harbour, etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •