Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456
Results 51 to 57 of 57

Thread: Venezuela 'fuelling drugs trade'

  1. #51
    Ideologically Impure
    Simon W. Moon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Fayettenam
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:39 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    16,945
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Venezuela 'fuelling drugs trade'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    The only red herring is your comparison of amphetamine salts and crystal meth. I know, do an experiment and start using crystal meth, then tell us how safe it is and there should be no concern. Or better yet, give your kids some!
    If it were legal, what do you think would be for sale? Crappy bathtub meth made by Joe-Bob, or something made by a multi-national pharmaceutical company?

    FYI, Your above post isn't actually an argument or a debate tactic.
    I may be wrong.

  2. #52
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,149

    Re: Venezuela 'fuelling drugs trade'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Did you read the article? Colombian drug groups are finding safe haven in Venezuela as the U.S. and Colombian authorities put pressure on them.
    and you conveniently ignore that it is COLOMBIAN drug groups who are supplying the drugs
    not venezuelan
    it is American consumption of the drugs which causes the demand

    the issue really is that venezuela asserts its soverign right and refuses to allow the troops from the USA to intrude on the venezuelan government's activities, unlike colombia which has whored itself out to American interests

    this is not about drugs. this is about a manufactured excuse to oppose the democratically elected venezuelan government

  3. #53
    Walk with me in hell.
    stekim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Atlanta
    Last Seen
    09-21-10 @ 12:09 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,106

    Re: Venezuela 'fuelling drugs trade'

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Here is why I am hesitant to ever call for Meth legalization.

    Meth Usage



    It is already on the increase among youth, and anything that causes people to become psychotic, really should not be legalized.
    But it's illegal. How could that be? Wait! I know. Because illegal drugs are easier for kids to get than legal ones. Well done. You made the problem worse while trying to fix it. You should be in government. I bet you could solve that whole health care debate by killing everyone. Costs go right to zero.
    Last edited by stekim; 07-22-09 at 07:51 PM.
    Wow. Am I awesome or what?

  4. #54
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Venezuela 'fuelling drugs trade'

    Quote Originally Posted by Simon W. Moon View Post
    If it were legal, what do you think would be for sale? Crappy bathtub meth made by Joe-Bob, or something made by a multi-national pharmaceutical company?

    FYI, Your above post isn't actually an argument or a debate tactic.
    My point is you know it is dangerous, extremely so. You would not use it nor want your kids using it, even as adults.

  5. #55
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Venezuela 'fuelling drugs trade'

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    But it's illegal. How could that be? Wait! I know. Because illegal drugs are easier for kids to get than legal ones. Well done. You made the problem worse while trying to fix it. You should be in government. I bet you could solve that whole health care debate by killing everyone. Costs go right to zero.
    Listen. People do not have the means to make xanex or other narcotics at home. However they can make meth at home, and if it is legal more people will make it at home. It will everywhere, not just from some kid in a bad neighborhood. Your whole healthcare scenario, attempt at insult is below you, at least I hope it is.

    By the way smart guy, check out the data. More kids are abusing legal drugs than illegal ones.

    MIAMI -- From Scarface to Miami Vice, Florida's drug problem has been portrayed as the story of a single narcotic: cocaine. But for Floridians, prescription drugs are increasingly a far more lethal habit. An analysis of autopsies in 2007 released this week by the Florida Medical Examiners Commission found that the rate of deaths caused by prescription drugs was three times the rate of deaths caused by all illicit drugs combined.
    Last edited by tlmorg02; 07-22-09 at 10:18 PM.

  6. #56
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Venezuela 'fuelling drugs trade'

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    and you conveniently ignore that it is COLOMBIAN drug groups who are supplying the drugs
    not venezuelan
    it is American consumption of the drugs which causes the demand

    the issue really is that venezuela asserts its soverign right and refuses to allow the troops from the USA to intrude on the venezuelan government's activities, unlike colombia which has whored itself out to American interests

    this is not about drugs. this is about a manufactured excuse to oppose the democratically elected venezuelan government
    How has Colombia whored itself out? They are trying to improve their country by enlisting the U.S.'s help in taking down drug cartels. Something that plagues much of Latin America.

  7. #57
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Venezuela 'fuelling drugs trade'

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    But it's illegal. How could that be? Wait! I know. Because illegal drugs are easier for kids to get than legal ones. Well done. You made the problem worse while trying to fix it. You should be in government. I bet you could solve that whole health care debate by killing everyone. Costs go right to zero.
    Oh, and once more to prove that you are wrong in your assertion that illegal drugs are easier to get:

    Prescription Drug Abuse

    According to the national household survey on drug abuse, a record-high 3 million youth aged 12 to 17 abused prescription drugs last year.
    "Percosets, Valium, Xanax pretty much anything I could get my hands on," 17-year-old Mururi Wangu says.

    In fact, the number of teens abusing prescription drugs has risen as much as 500% since the mid-1980s. Experts say that one reason for such a dramatic jump in abuse numbers is the availability of prescription drugs.
    So feel free to try again!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •