Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast
Results 211 to 220 of 238

Thread: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

  1. #211
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    so you can show her lengthy criminal career? links please
    i will throw you a bone
    please link TO JUST 1 criminal act that the woman who the left loves to hate, has commited and been convicted of

    otherwise take your partisan rabid BS elsewhere like Code Pink
    You guys really need to develop a sense humor !! I used to think that leftists were short of humor, you know all serious about hyper political correctness and extreme social justice for animals in that they thought that circus elephants were being embarrassed. Lighten up !!

    What is this "Code Pink " thing ? Is that some homosexual rights group ? Are they some illegal alien rights group ? Are they famous ? What have they done ?
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 07-23-09 at 08:40 PM.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  2. #212
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    You guys really need to develop a sense humor !! I used to think that leftists were short of humor, you know all serious about hyper political correctness and extreme social justice for animals in that they thought that circus elephants were being embarrassed. Lighten up !!

    What is this "Code Pink " thing ? Is that some homosexual rights group ? Are they some illegal alien rights group ? Are they famous ? What have they done ?
    oh well played
    you are proved to be full of it, so you say it was a joke
    too bad it is you that is the joke

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  3. #213
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    What I understand is that the allowing of them to 'officially' use her name and position in the begging Website is what is unethical under Alaska law.
    Ok. Did Palin set up this organization? And what do you mean by "allowing" them to "officially" use her name? Do you have a link to the ethics law she is accused of violating? I would like to read it myself.

  4. #214
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    Ok. Did Palin set up this organization? And what do you mean by "allowing" them to "officially" use her name? Do you have a link to the ethics law she is accused of violating? I would like to read it myself.
    The law or rule as I understand it does not say that the beneficiary had to set up the fund. As I understand it the fact that she allowed her name and function to be used was enough. I didn't write the law/rule the Alaskans did. I did not make the accusation or charge against The Palin Alaskans did.
    Since she is from Alaska and it appears that an Alaskan law or rule was violated who am I to disagree with the nice Alaskan people who made the accusation against her. They must know her better than you or I.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  5. #215
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    The law or rule as I understand it does not say that the beneficiary had to set up the fund. As I understand it the fact that she allowed her name and function to be used was enough. I didn't write the law/rule the Alaskans did. I did not make the accusation or charge against The Palin Alaskans did.
    Since she is from Alaska and it appears that an Alaskan law or rule was violated who am I to disagree with the nice Alaskan people who made the accusation against her. They must know her better than you or I.
    What is that law or rule? I would like to read it myself. Since I assume you agree with the accusation of Palin, the burden of proof falls on you, an accuser. I just want to see for myself if this is such a big deal or not. You keep saying the law/rule but I have yet to see what that law/rule actually is yet.

  6. #216
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    oh well played
    you are proved to be full of it, so you say it was a joke
    too bad it is you that is the joke
    Again your response is anoher example that you guys are not getting the proper way to behave in a polite debate forum. Instead of responding to the issue and the opinion that I have that Palin has behaved unethically tinstead you attack me personally. You don't like the fact that I laugh at The Palin so you attack me - " bad it is you that is the joke".

    Did I attack you personally ? No I did not. Did I make fun of what appears to be one of your favorite politicians / Yes I apparently did. Is it appropriate to make fun and criticize the positions and actions of politicians in a forum ? Yes it is. Is it appropriate to attack other forum members ? No it is not.

    So why don't you stick to trying to prove to me and other people who are cynical and have no respect for a politician named PALIN that she somehow deserves our respect instead of making personal attacks at other forum members. jJst remember that I am critical of The Palin and not you.
    Last edited by F107HyperSabr; 07-23-09 at 09:32 PM.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  7. #217
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeTh!nk3r View Post
    LMFAO no, but im willing to laugh hilariously in your face for believing this mess. Who is Kristan Cole? Oh thats right! Palins long time buddy and friend. The very same one that Palin herself appointed to AK Board of Agriculture and Conservation.

    Now in order for anyone to believe this. We would have to believe the founder of the trust fund is lying.



    More from the investigator.


    Something just doesnt sit right here. So here is a run down. We have Palin at first denying the illegality of the fund, then saying she has nothing to do with the fund despite authorizing it. We then have the tres of the fund speak out and say the governor has nothing to do with it despite the evidence in the report. Its interesting but whom should we believe? Her BFF or an independent investigator?
    My question for you is: Why should we believe either of them?
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  8. #218
    Sporadic insanity normal.


    The Mark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 11:43 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    19,736

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    What is that law or rule? I would like to read it myself. Since I assume you agree with the accusation of Palin, the burden of proof falls on you, an accuser. I just want to see for myself if this is such a big deal or not. You keep saying the law/rule but I have yet to see what that law/rule actually is yet.
    Actually, I want to know what law/rule/statute she violated as well, as i have not been able to find information on this as of yet.
    Education.

    Sometimes I think we're alone. Sometimes I think we're not. In either case, the thought is staggering. ~ R. Buckminster Fuller

  9. #219
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Lakryte View Post
    What is that law or rule? I would like to read it myself. Since I assume you agree with the accusation of Palin, the burden of proof falls on you, an accuser. I just want to see for myself if this is such a big deal or not. You keep saying the law/rule but I have yet to see what that law/rule actually is yet.
    I believe that I did post a link to the story about the fund and the law/rule that she is accused of violating earier on in this thread. It should be Googleable.

    There is no burden of proof on me because I am not the accuser. I merely believe the accusers based upon the way The Palin has behaved in the past with troopergate and the expenses for her kids traveling and the per diem.

    The troopergate scheme that she tried to pull off is an abuse of power. To me the abuse of power by an elected or appointed government official is an extremely aggregious act. The right of a citizen not to be the victim of a government abuser goes back to the founding reasons and principles of this great country. The English King George, his appointees and colonial overseers, and the so called parliament were abusers of power against the pre-Independent Americans. We fought a war not to be subjected to that type of abuse. We are supposed to be a nation of laws and laws are supposed to be the way our govenmental processes work. I do not care if that Palin or her appologists say that she abused her power for a good reason e.g a reported bad beahvior by a state police trooper. If that trooper did something bad, illegal, or wrong he needs to go through the legal and proper process get punished for doing something bad but without the interference of the chief government official of the state who happens to be his former sister in law.

    The fact is that what The Palin did was wrong and two wrongs do not make a right.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  10. #220
    Guru
    Lakryte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    06-02-17 @ 01:39 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    2,982

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    The fact is that what The Palin did was wrong and two wrongs do not make a right.
    Nor do past wrongs mean there is another wrong (and there is debate encircling those wrongs as well). The burden of proof is on the accusers. You say you agree with the accusers. You are now on a debate forum debating in favor of the position of the accusers. Right now you ARE an accuser. You have yet to give me the link to the law she broke. I will not google it simply because I am not the one who needs to display proof. Your turn to display it. If you can't, fine, but you then your argument will remain "Palin broke some law but I don't know what it is". That is not a strong argument.

    The troopergate scheme that she tried to pull off is an abuse of power. To me the abuse of power by an elected or appointed government official is an extremely aggregious act. The right of a citizen not to be the victim of a government abuser goes back to the founding reasons and principles of this great country. The English King George, his appointees and colonial overseers, and the so called parliament were abusers of power against the pre-Independent Americans. We fought a war not to be subjected to that type of abuse. We are supposed to be a nation of laws and laws are supposed to be the way our govenmental processes work. I do not care if that Palin or her appologists say that she abused her power for a good reason e.g a reported bad beahvior by a state police trooper. If that trooper did something bad, illegal, or wrong he needs to go through the legal and proper process get punished for doing something bad but without the interference of the chief government official of the state who happens to be his former sister in law.
    For the record, Palin was found innocent of the Troopergate scandal. If you think she was guilty of something, you will need to give me evidence of that as well that was not already disputed by the conclusion that Palin was innocent. I will not let you spew out rhetoric in an attempt to disgrace her. If the evidence proves she is undoubtedly guilty of something that is actually terrible, then fine. But you need to give me that evidence or you have no argument. Period.

    King George is not equivalent to Palin at all nor do I see why you think that is somehow evidence of Palin's guilt. What abuse are you referring to? You went on and on about it but you didn't actually tell me what it was.

    "That abuse she did." "That law she broke." You can't just use general terms like this. You have to be specific. Now for the last time, give me the evidence or don't bother responding. Thank you.
    Last edited by Lakryte; 07-23-09 at 11:11 PM.

Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •