Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 238

Thread: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

  1. #191
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    01-05-10 @ 06:26 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,629

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    So all of you Mrs. Palin attacker care to retrack all the statements you have made on this thread it seems that she hasn't done anything wrong and that the Trust was set up by some folks who knew what the hell they were doing.

    Fund trustee says Palin not involved with fund | Comcast.net

    WASILLA, Alaska The trustee for the legal defense fund set up to help Gov. Sarah Palin lashed out at the news media and the Eagle River resident who filed an ethics complaint against the governor.

    Trustee Kristan Cole of Wasilla says the Alaska Fund Trust was created and vetted by a team of lawyers from around the country who are experts in state and federal law.

    Cole says the only lawyer who ever questioned the fund's legality is Thomas Daniel, the investigator hired by the state personnel board.

    Cole also says Palin, a personal friend, has never been involved with the trust. She says the governor has never accepted any money from the fund.

    Cole says legal action is being considered against the person who leaked the investigator's confidential report to The Associated Press.

  2. #192
    Professor
    CrusaderRabbit08's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    05-13-10 @ 02:41 AM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    2,022

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Poor Sarah ..all those mean people out there have her so unnerved, she had to quit her job as governor because she doesn't have what it takes to get the job done ..lol

  3. #193
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Last Seen
    09-10-09 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    166

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion89 View Post
    So all of you Mrs. Palin attacker care to retrack all the statements you have made on this thread it seems that she hasn't done anything wrong and that the Trust was set up by some folks who knew what the hell they were doing.

    Fund trustee says Palin not involved with fund | Comcast.net

    WASILLA, Alaska The trustee for the legal defense fund set up to help Gov. Sarah Palin lashed out at the news media and the Eagle River resident who filed an ethics complaint against the governor.

    Trustee Kristan Cole of Wasilla says the Alaska Fund Trust was created and vetted by a team of lawyers from around the country who are experts in state and federal law.

    Cole says the only lawyer who ever questioned the fund's legality is Thomas Daniel, the investigator hired by the state personnel board.

    Cole also says Palin, a personal friend, has never been involved with the trust. She says the governor has never accepted any money from the fund.

    Cole says legal action is being considered against the person who leaked the investigator's confidential report to The Associated Press.
    LMFAO no, but im willing to laugh hilariously in your face for believing this mess. Who is Kristan Cole? Oh thats right! Palins long time buddy and friend. The very same one that Palin herself appointed to AK Board of Agriculture and Conservation.

    Now in order for anyone to believe this. We would have to believe the founder of the trust fund is lying.

    She also stated, however, that the governor gave her APPROVAL to create the trust fund as the "official" legal defense fund for the governor and authorized the use of her photo on their website.

    http://ktuu.images.worldnow.com/imag...al_Defense.pdf
    Page 4
    More from the investigator.
    In light of the evidence that the governor expressly authorized the creation of the trust and the fact the trust website quite openly uses the governor's position to solicit donations, there is probable cause to believe that Governor Palin used, or attempted to use, her official position for personal gain in violation of Alaska statute

    Palin legal fund may violate ethics law, investigator says: Gov. Sarah Palin | adn.com
    Something just doesnt sit right here. So here is a run down. We have Palin at first denying the illegality of the fund, then saying she has nothing to do with the fund despite authorizing it. We then have the tres of the fund speak out and say the governor has nothing to do with it despite the evidence in the report. Its interesting but whom should we believe? Her BFF or an independent investigator?
    You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
    -Malcolm X-

  4. #194
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    10-23-17 @ 10:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    38,972
    Blog Entries
    15

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Again, this is all based on an "ethics probe" that was illegally leaked to the media.

    The irony that you Palin haters are ignoring that shows you don't care if the report has any merit at all. However, it DOES show your lack of... principles.

    If Palin broke the law, fine, she should be held accountable for her actions, HOWEVER, until something more then a leaked report... like say, I dunno, a conviction in a court of law... let's wait and see what comes from this? Or is that too much to ask? DOH! This is Palin and her haters, it's too much to ask.
    Climate, changes. It takes a particularly uneducated population to buy into the idea that it's their fault climate is changing and further political solutions can fix it.



  5. #195
    Student
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Denver, Colorado
    Last Seen
    09-10-09 @ 04:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    166

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Again, this is all based on an "ethics probe" that was illegally leaked to the media.
    So the report loses validity because it was leaked to the media?

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    The irony that you Palin haters are ignoring that shows you don't care if the report has any merit at all. However, it DOES show your lack of... principles.
    Ignoring what? How it was released to the media? You cant be serious.

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    If Palin broke the law, fine, she should be held accountable for her actions, HOWEVER, until something more then a leaked report... like say, I dunno, a conviction in a court of law... let's wait and see what comes from this? Or is that too much to ask? DOH! This is Palin and her haters, it's too much to ask.
    This shows your lack of understanding of AK law. It goes before the Personnel Board which determines weather or not they will press on with the case. However one shouldnt put to much trust in them. After all they did ignore the last investigators findings as well. So much for ethics eh?
    You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it.
    -Malcolm X-

  6. #196
    Matthew 16:3

    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and nowhere
    Last Seen
    06-24-17 @ 05:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Progressive
    Posts
    45,603

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeTh!nk3r View Post
    So the report loses validity because it was leaked to the media?
    His point is that it is unethical to "leak" an ethics report to the media. He has a very valid point.

    The ethical judgment of those who made the report is automatically suspect given the fact that they will themselves act unethically.

    To give an analogy, it's like being chastised about the immorality of drinking alcohol by someone who smokes crack.

    Personally, I think Palin has been utterly inconsequential since the election. I have no comprehension of why she is even in the news anymore or why she garners such strong apologetic behavior from the right and such visceral hatred from the left.

    She's of no legitimate consequence. The discussions of her are simply rabid hyper-partisanship from both sides run amok.

    The vast majority of people outside the hyper-partisan spheres are meeting these stories with a hearty, "Meh, who gives a ****?".

    Just my take on things based on what I've seen.

  7. #197
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by FreeTh!nk3r View Post
    LMFAO no, but im willing to laugh hilariously in your face for believing this mess. Who is Kristan Cole? Oh thats right! Palins long time buddy and friend. The very same one that Palin herself appointed to AK Board of Agriculture and Conservation.

    Now in order for anyone to believe this. We would have to believe the founder of the trust fund is lying.



    More from the investigator.


    Something just doesnt sit right here. So here is a run down. We have Palin at first denying the illegality of the fund, then saying she has nothing to do with the fund despite authorizing it. We then have the tres of the fund speak out and say the governor has nothing to do with it despite the evidence in the report. Its interesting but whom should we believe? Her BFF or an independent investigator?
    Yeah, that's a beautiful little fairy tale you spun together there but the fact of the matter is Palin still has not accepted money from the fund, there is nothing illegal about the fund, and the investigation has gone absolutely nowhere beyond the OPINIONS of one man. When the Personnel Board actually brings a formal complaint against her, get back to us.

  8. #198
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    Again, this is all based on an "ethics probe" that was illegally leaked to the media.

    The irony that you Palin haters are ignoring that shows you don't care if the report has any merit at all. However, it DOES show your lack of... principles.

    If Palin broke the law, fine, she should be held accountable for her actions, HOWEVER, until something more then a leaked report... like say, I dunno, a conviction in a court of law... let's wait and see what comes from this? Or is that too much to ask? DOH! This is Palin and her haters, it's too much to ask.
    First of all I personally don't know anyone who actually "hates" the Igloo but you may run in a diferent gang so we can give you the benefit of the doubt. We don't know if the " "ethics probe" that was illegally leaked to the media.
    " or not and I seriously doubt that it was illegally leaked since I have no faith in the the words of those who try to spread that stuff.

    Yet let us ponder a moment and say that Palin was being accused of murder or concpiracy to murder her alamost was a son in law. Then lets continue with theory of leaks and say that investigative leaks are illegal to leak and someone illegally did leak a report that Palin was a muderer or a conspirator. That would not make her innocent, she could still be a muderer.

    Now before someone goes off the deap end and accuses me of accusing The Palin of muder I did not I was only theorizing. LOL
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

  9. #199
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by F107HyperSabr View Post
    First of all I personally don't know anyone who actually "hates" the Igloo but you may run in a diferent gang so we can give you the benefit of the doubt. We don't know if the " "ethics probe" that was illegally leaked to the media.
    " or not and I seriously doubt that it was illegally leaked since I have no faith in the the words of those who try to spread that stuff.

    Yet let us ponder a moment and say that Palin was being accused of murder or concpiracy to murder her alamost was a son in law. Then lets continue with theory of leaks and say that investigative leaks are illegal to leak and someone illegally did leak a report that Palin was a muderer or a conspirator. That would not make her innocent, she could still be a muderer.

    Now before someone goes off the deap end and accuses me of accusing The Palin of muder I did not I was only theorizing. LOL

    I was just passed sensitive documents that say unequivocally that F107 is a pedophile
    i have filed a complaint with GySgt as he will surely get to the bottom of it and killl F107 quietly and slowly after he bans F107
    lynch the S.O.B.

    PDS is rampant and rabid and has gone viral

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  10. #200
    Guru
    F107HyperSabr's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Connecticut
    Last Seen
    10-21-10 @ 09:31 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    2,617

    Re: AP NewsBreak: Palin implicated in ethics probe

    Quote Originally Posted by Tucker Case View Post
    His point is that it is unethical to "leak" an ethics report to the media. He has a very valid point.

    The ethical judgment of those who made the report is automatically suspect given the fact that they will themselves act unethically.

    To give an analogy, it's like being chastised about the immorality of drinking alcohol by someone who smokes crack.

    Personally, I think Palin has been utterly inconsequential since the election. I have no comprehension of why she is even in the news anymore or why she garners such strong apologetic behavior from the right and such visceral hatred from the left.

    She's of no legitimate consequence. The discussions of her are simply rabid hyper-partisanship from both sides run amok.

    The vast majority of people outside the hyper-partisan spheres are meeting these stories with a hearty, "Meh, who gives a ****?".

    Just my take on things based on what I've seen.
    I'm just having loads of fun watching the Palin appologists falling all over themselves trying to cover up for the Perils of Palin. All one has to do is point ou one legitimate criticism of The Palin and the Palin appoligists just go off into hyper space calling anyone who is senisible and sees The Plain for what she is - a fraud and a quitter.
    I do not recall the Viet Cong asking me if I was a natural born or Naturalized American before they shot at me, they just shot at all of us f107HyperSabr

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 101819202122 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •