Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 209

Thread: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

  1. #71
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:36 AM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,057

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    And 99 percent of those pregnant and diseased voted for Obama.

  2. #72
    Advisor Richard Nixon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Last Seen
    10-26-16 @ 07:22 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    473

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    I think it's wrong to blame Bush for most of the things he get's the blame for. He is, of course, only one part of the government branch and it takes a large team of individuals to come up with sexual education reform and these programs. Take this as a positive: at least you know what doesn't work.
    www.thecaffeinemachine.com - looking for main-page political writers, so if anyone is interested send a PM (apologies if that violates any rules)

  3. #73
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 10:11 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,362

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    Quote Originally Posted by stekim View Post
    Funny, the numbers do not show that. Weird. In fact, the CDC reported doing what you suggest made the numbers go up here in Dixie. Predictably, too.
    What did I suggest doing, exactly?


    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Wait, so we are blaming the president for what teens do?
    When it goes down in Bush's term, of course we do. I mean, Bush caused hurricane Katrina to hit New Orleans, so he could send Blackwater to blowup the levees and kill all the blacks. Didn't you know that?
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  4. #74
    Sage
    DeeJayH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Scooping Zeus' Poop
    Last Seen
    06-21-15 @ 03:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    11,728

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    For the most part I agree with you here. However, the paparazzi has also been completely out of control lately. Many of the camera people are actually trying to get upskirt shots of these "celebrities". They are the gutter press and they know that they will get paid well for doing so. I'm not saying that there aren't famous people out there who are constantly trying to show off their vajayjay on purpose though.
    Alyssa Milano said it better than I ever could since I have no clue
    The paparazzi, unless 'tipped off' usually by the celeb, or 'their people', only work 3 specific areas. If they do not want to be shot by paparazzi, they would not go to those areas or tip them off

    /diversion
    Quote Originally Posted by Middleground View Post
    That is one hell of a soapbox, Deej. Golly.
    so you agree that the degradation of moral values has more to do than who is in office
    after all, those who get it, get it. they dont need a sex ed class to make them realized all the complications sex involve, usually because of the involved parent(s)
    those that 'think they get it' are going to go their own way no matter what you say. So whats the point
    very few actually learn fron sex ed and use tha as a basis for making sexual decisions

    or would you care to dispute all my positions posted from 'my soapbox'
    it can all be boiled down to Liberals, for 8 years screaming the world is ending: Bush/Cheney, should have included in previous post Global Warming, war, terrorism yada yada yada

    Human Taxidermist - - now offering his services for all your loved ones
    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    How the hell did you just tie in a retroactive reparative measure with a proactive preventative measure. Not even close to being the same thing.

  5. #75
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:03 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,158

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    My kitten got stuck in a tree on January 19, 2009.... therefore it was obviously Bush's fault!! No, no wait, it was a RIGHTWING CONSPIRACY, yeah, that's it!



    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  6. #76
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    Quote Originally Posted by StandUpChuck View Post
    You know what aps? I get tired of your "passionate" finger pointing and silly lecturing. I could give a crap if you're disappointed in me or if you think my posts are temper tantrums. There's nothing childish about my contribution to this thread. You're the only one not making a point here. So if the shoe fits, as you said.

    I made a lot more sense as to what could be causing the sharp increase of teen pregnancy and stds than the alleged correlation between Bush's interest in abstinence only programs than the OP did. So Middle's not saying exactly that she's blaming Bush, but it certainly sounds like it's being inferred with just a quick glance at her responses:





    Middle & I may be coming from 2 different POVs, but at least she's being respectful, and we're having a discussion. Save your lecturing about how disappointed you are in me. It's getting tiresome, and I simply don't care.
    I indicated you provided thoughtful ideas; however, you asserted a fact that simply was not true. If you think asserting an incorrect fact is contributing to this thread, be my guest. If yo think my pointing our the error of your way is NOT contributing to this thread, I don't care. You're just upset because I called you on your little temper tantrum. Bye bye.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    My kitten got stuck in a tree on January 19, 2009.... therefore it was obviously Bush's fault!! No, no wait, it was a RIGHTWING CONSPIRACY, yeah, that's it!


    See, if your kitty had waited until January 21, it would be a left wing conspiracy.

    Your cat has no sense of timing.

  8. #78
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    Quote Originally Posted by DeeJayH View Post
    Alyssa Milano said it better than I ever could since I have no clue
    The paparazzi, unless 'tipped off' usually by the celeb, or 'their people', only work 3 specific areas. If they do not want to be shot by paparazzi, they would not go to those areas or tip them off

    /diversion

    so you agree that the degradation of moral values has more to do than who is in office
    after all, those who get it, get it. they dont need a sex ed class to make them realized all the complications sex involve, usually because of the involved parent(s)
    those that 'think they get it' are going to go their own way no matter what you say. So whats the point
    very few actually learn fron sex ed and use tha as a basis for making sexual decisions

    or would you care to dispute all my positions posted from 'my soapbox'
    it can all be boiled down to Liberals, for 8 years screaming the world is ending: Bush/Cheney, should have included in previous post Global Warming, war, terrorism yada yada yada
    Deej, more than anything, I think education is the key. Look at Denmark... you want to talk about morals? They openly smoke pot and prostitution is legal amongst other things. Yet they have an incredibly low teen pregnancy rate. Why is that, and don't you think that blows your theory all to hell?
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  9. #79
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    My kitten got stuck in a tree on January 19, 2009.... therefore it was obviously Bush's fault!! No, no wait, it was a RIGHTWING CONSPIRACY, yeah, that's it!



    My kitten got stuck in a tree on January 19, 2011.... therefore it was obviously Obama's fault!! No, no wait, it was a LEFTWING CONSPIRACY, yeah, that's it!



    (see the pattern?)
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

  10. #80
    Tavern Bartender
    Pussy Grabbin' Beaver
    Middleground's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Canada's Capital
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:02 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    22,453
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Teen pregnancy and disease rates rose sharply during Bush years, agency finds

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    And 99 percent of those pregnant and diseased voted for Obama.
    Link, please.
    No men are anywhere, and Im allowed to go in, because Im the owner of the pageant and therefore Im inspecting it, Trump said... Is everyone OK? You know, theyre standing there with no clothes. Is everybody OK? And you see these incredible looking women, and so I sort of get away with things like that.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •