Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 175

Thread: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

  1. #131
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Personal freedom = personal responsibility.
    If a kid dies because of the parents' irresponsibility, then the parents are at fault. The blame belongs to them, and no one else.
    Sorry but I am not willing to let a child die right in front of me because the parent's are irresponsible. Maybe you can deal with that, I couldn't.

  2. #132
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sorry but I am not willing to let a child die right in front of me...
    Then choose to use part of your money to help him.
    Dont presume to make that choice for everyone.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    The problem with that little tidbit, is that you are basically saying if the parents of a child are irresponsible, you are more than willing to have a child suffer or even die.
    If parents are irresponsible, what prevents the Childs death if Government runs the healthcare system?

    In today’s world, if a child needs critical care, the hospitals provide it regardless of costs. If the parents choose NOT to get the child to the hospital, nothing anyone can do will prevent that occurrence.

    Are you claiming that with Government managed care parents will exercise more responsibility?

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Ventura California
    Last Seen
    11-15-11 @ 11:17 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    8,706

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Sorry but I am not willing to let a child die right in front of me because the parent's are irresponsible. Maybe you can deal with that, I couldn't.
    Once again we see you spew nonsense for the sake of absurdity.

    Your argument basically claims that if the irresponsible parents do not buy insurance the child will die right in front of you. BUT, if the parents have that insurance paid for by others, their child will not die right in front of you.

    Good lord, you really make a fool of yourself when you make such trite and nonsensical arguments.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    Then choose to use part of your money to help him.
    Dont presume to make that choice for everyone.
    We all have the government spending money on things we don't choose to. I don't want faith based initiatives, I didn't want the Iraq war. Suck it up, it happens.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Truth Detector View Post
    Once again we see you spew nonsense for the sake of absurdity.

    Your argument basically claims that if the irresponsible parents do not buy insurance the child will die right in front of you. BUT, if the parents have that insurance paid for by others, their child will not die right in front of you.

    Good lord, you really make a fool of yourself when you make such trite and nonsensical arguments.
    The only one looking foolish is you TD. Yes, if the child has insurance paid for by the government his chances of not dying for some injury are better than if he had NO insurance and no way to get care because of the parent's irresponsibility.

  7. #137
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    We all have the government spending money on things we don't choose to. I don't want faith based initiatives, I didn't want the Iraq war. Suck it up, it happens.
    So... you have no -rational- argument against my posiiton.
    Thanks.

  8. #138
    User Sands's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Last Seen
    10-20-12 @ 01:09 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    37

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Well well well. It seems that the honeymoon is over, and as people realize the emporer indeed has no clothes that its time to hold this man to his promises and actions. I for one am glad to see this empty suit's return to earth. The mod love mentality for him mad this American cringe at some of his countrymen....


    That said, any of you obama supporters losing faith?
    Obama has the same approval numbers that Bush had 6 months into his first term.

    According to CNN, an average of five different national polls taken this month (Gallup, Ipsos/McClatchy, Diageo/Hotline, USA Today/Gallup and CBS News), shows that 57 percent of Americans approve of Obama, with 36 percent disapproving.

    In comparison, though, Obama is pretty much in the same boat as past presidents within in the same time frame. From CNN:

    Former President George W. Bush also drew a 57 percent approval rating six months into his presidency, in July 2001. Bill Clinton stood at 48 percent in July 1993. Two-thirds of Americans polled approved of George H.W. Bush's job as president in July 1989, and six out of 10 gave Ronald Reagan the thumbs-up in July 1981.
    It's perfectly normal for a President's numbers to drop after a certain amount of time in office.

    This isn't news.

  9. #139
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    So... you have no -rational- argument against my posiiton.
    Thanks.
    Yes, its called that is what the government has decided to do with our tax money. It is taking care of our poor. You don't like that.

    If you don't like it, vote them out. But to whine and cry and say we shouldn't spend things on stuff YOU don't like just because YOU don't approve of it is hilarious when the government spends things on stuff I don't like. I don't get to pick and choose, why should you?

  10. #140
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Poll: Public losing trust in President Obama

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Yes...
    "Suck it up" isn't a rational argument, regardless of how you phrase it.

    Telling me why people should not have the choice as to how to use money provided to them to acquire their own health care and then be held responsible for those choices? That's a rational argument.

    Telling me why people should not have the choice to help the unfortunate, rather than having that "choice" forced on them? That would be a rational argument.

    But to whine and cry...
    Isnt that what you're doing when you say you aren't willing to see kids die because of their irresponsible parents? Why yes it is...
    I guess we can then ignore that response in this discussion, which then leaves you with....?

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •