Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #71
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I already knew it was because he's black. I just wanted to see if anyone had the goobers to answer. Guess we know, now.
    Translation: "I didn't read his post." Glad we cleared that up.
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  2. #72
    Sage
    First Thought's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    DFW, Texas
    Last Seen
    12-01-10 @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    6,218

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    I love how Liberals think that just because they're peace loving Liberals they are some how entitled to be treated differently by cops than everyone else and the law some how don't apply to them.
    Why is everything a partisan issue with you?
    "An error does not become truth by reason of multiplied propagation, nor does truth become error because nobody sees it." - Gandhi

  3. #73
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    "Sucking up" to cops is a good way to stay out of jail. Like it or not.

    There've been cops who've treated me as a suspect when I was in the right. There've been several times I've wanted to slug a cop. My better judgment told me not to. Because disagreeing, arguing, screaming, kicking, or otherwise throwing a hissy fit towards a cop will get you only one thing... trouble.

    I saw a short clip of the professor on tonight's news. He said the cop came into the situation with a 'predetermined point of view.' Well, there was at least one man in that home with a 'predetermined point of view,' and I'm not sure one of them was the cop.

    I fully realize that it could cause problems with me down the road, but I can't help how I feel. I'm not saying that I would disagree, argue, scream or kick. I'm just saying that I will be polite to them until they aren't polite to me. I'm not going to suck up to anyone. I don't care who they are.

  4. #74
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    I don't think cops are being too mean to me. I've seen certain cops be unnecessarily aggressive towards me and friends of mine in the past where it was completely unwarranted. Those cops are egotistical assholes. Are all cops this way? Absolutely not. As I said earlier, I've met plenty of cops who are great people. But I'm not going to kiss every cop's ass because they think they are somehow superior to me. If you want to suck up to a cop just because they are a cop even if they are being aggressive towards you in an unwarranted way then that's fine for you. I'm just not that way. Deal with it.
    You said that you're not a big fan of cops, because of the way you and your friends and family have been treated. If that's the case, then must examine your own behavior. If you don't want to be the adult in the situation and disrespect a cop, just because he's an unproffessional asshole, then you have only yourself to blame if you get a raw deal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  5. #75
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 09:20 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,584

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by EgoffTib View Post
    Why is everything a partisan issue with you?
    Everything's always a partisan issue with you, too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #76
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You said that you're not a big fan of cops, because of the way you and your friends and family have been treated. If that's the case, then must examine your own behavior.
    Ah, so are you saying that cops are infallible and incapable of being wrong?

    If you don't want to be the adult in the situation and disrespect a cop, just because he's an unproffessional asshole, then you have only yourself to blame if you get a raw deal.
    It has nothing to do with being an adult, it has to do with having some self respect.

  7. #77
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Nah, it's not a pride issue. I just don't kiss anyone's ass because they believe they are somehow superior to me.
    There goes your pride right there, thinking yourself so great that you can dictate how others think based upon your own pre-concieved ideas that they believe they are superior to you because they have been given the duty of investigating crime.

    I am polite to people until they are impolite to me. It's that simple. You can make any conclusions you want, but it changes nothing. I'm not a fan of people with big egos and there are plenty of cops out there who have them.
    I hear this often from individuals who exibit the same attitude towards law enforcement that you do. I think the issue isn't the ego of the officers as much as it is the ego of you.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #78
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Grateful Heart View Post
    "Sucking up" to cops is a good way to stay out of jail. Like it or not.

    There've been cops who've treated me as a suspect when I was in the right. There've been several times I've wanted to slug a cop. My better judgment told me not to. Because disagreeing, arguing, screaming, kicking, or otherwise throwing a hissy fit towards a cop will get you only one thing... trouble.

    I saw a short clip of the professor on tonight's news. He said the cop came into the situation with a 'predetermined point of view.' Well, there was at least one man in that home with a 'predetermined point of view,' and I'm not sure one of them was the cop.

    The 'predetermined point of view' might have stemmed from the 'citizen call for service' in which he recieved.



    I ****ing hate it when police respond to a call for service called in by a citizen and then police turn around and take the heat for being 'evil racists harrassing the public'.

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #79
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    There goes your pride right there, thinking yourself so great that you can dictate how others think based upon your own pre-concieved ideas that they believe they are superior to you because they have been given the duty of investigating crime.
    Nope, not at all. I don't think I'm any better than anyone else. I just have self-respect. I'm sorry you have a hard time with that.

    I hear this often from individuals who exibit the same attitude towards law enforcement that you do. I think the issue isn't the ego of the officers as much as it is the ego of you.
    Call it what you want. Feel free to judge it how you want. I have my views you have yours. Deal with it.

  10. #80
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The 'predetermined point of view' might have stemmed from the 'citizen call for service' in which he recieved.



    I ****ing hate it when police respond to a call for service called in by a citizen and then police turn around and take the heat for being 'evil racists harrassing the public'.

    Are you saying that there aren't racist cops out there? I've met a fair amount, especially around this area.

Page 8 of 64 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •