Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 610 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #601
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I'll take note of that next time I feel like walking outside and swinging my dick around on my own porch, in plain view of everyone.


    Two entirely different statutes. You can be a dick not show your dick

  2. #602
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Two entirely different statutes. You can be a dick not show your dick
    Really? Because the disorderly conduct statue pretty much says you can't be too much of a dick in public to bother other people.

    You are still within clean view of the public on your porch.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #603
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Crowley arrested Gates unlawfully, because he didn't have probable cause that Gates had committed an offense.

    Crowley then tried to instigate a false charge against Gates.

    Crowley then made an incident report that didn't contain enough evidence to warrant the filing of an information.

    Crowley hasn't apologized for violating Gates' rights.

    Gates should file a complaint with the Chief of Police. If the department doesn't discipline Crowley, Gates should sue Crowley. Otherwise, the lesson Crowley, and other corrupt officers, will take away from the incident is that cops are above the law.
    Last edited by Whip Comes Down; 08-02-09 at 07:55 PM.

  4. #604
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    Gates should file a complaint with the Chief of Police. If the department doesn't discipline Crowley, Gates should sue Crowley. Otherwise, the lesson Crowley, and other corrupt officers, will take away from the incident is that cops are above the law.
    You haven't been paying attention, have you?

  5. #605
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Really? Because the disorderly conduct statue pretty much says you can't be too much of a dick in public to bother other people.
    Under Massachusetts law, protesters can block the exit road to a Air Force Base with their car and interfere repeatedly with tow trucks trying to move the cars and still not commit the offense of disorderly conduct.

  6. #606
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    You haven't been paying attention, have you?
    Why do you say that, dude?

  7. #607
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    Crowley arrested Gates unlawfully, because he didn't have probable cause that Gates had committed an offense.
    Gates broke into his own house. Until he was identified, there was all kinds of probable cause.

    Crowley then tried to instigate a false charge against Gates.
    Gates interfered with an ongoing investigation. That's illegal. Scooter Libby is prison right now for doing the same thing.

    Crowley then made an incident report that didn't contain enough evidence to warrant the filing of an information.

    Crowley hasn't apologized for violating Gates' rights.
    Nor should he!

    Gates should file a complaint with the Chief of Police. If the department doesn't discipline Crowley, Gates should sue Crowley. Otherwise, the lesson Crowley, and other corrupt officers, will take away from the incident is that cops are above the law.
    That just ain't gonna happen. Not after the Beer Summit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  8. #608
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    In the land of steers and queers
    Last Seen
    06-03-10 @ 12:07 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Liberal
    Posts
    1,563

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Gates broke into his own house. Until he was identified, there was all kinds of probable cause.
    There was no probable cause to arrest Gates for disorderly conduct.

    Gates interfered with an ongoing investigation.
    Yeah, right.

    Scooter Libby is prison right now for doing the same thing.
    I don't think so, dude.

    Nor should he!
    Crowley should apologize to Gates and ask Jesus to forgive him for violating Gates' god given right to be free from unreasonable seizure.

  9. #609
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    There was no probable cause to arrest Gates for disorderly conduct.
    There was not only probable cause to arrest Gates for disorderly conduct, there was probable cause to arrest Gates for obstruction of justice.



    I don't think so, dude.
    Scooter Libby isn't in jail for obstruction of justice?

    Crowley should apologize to Gates and ask Jesus to forgive him for violating Gates' god given right to be free from unreasonable seizure.
    LMFAO!!!!...Crowley didn't seize anything!
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  10. #610
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    Crowley arrested Gates unlawfully, because he didn't have probable cause that Gates had committed an offense.
    Yes, he did, and he displayed that probable cause in his arrest report.


    Crowley then tried to instigate a false charge against Gates.
    This is news to me. What exactly are you talking about this.. 'false charge'????


    Crowley then made an incident report that didn't contain enough evidence to warrant the filing of an information.
    ?? "the filing of an information" WTF does that even mean?


    Crowley hasn't apologized for violating Gates' rights.
    I wouldn't apologize for doing my job either. No rights were violated.

    Gates should file a complaint with the Chief of Police. If the department doesn't discipline Crowley, Gates should sue Crowley. Otherwise, the lesson Crowley, and other corrupt officers, will take away from the incident is that cops are above the law.
    They aren't above the law, they are the enforcers of the law. Durrrr.



    Quote Originally Posted by Whip Comes Down View Post
    Under Massachusetts law, protesters can block the exit road to a Air Force Base with their car and interfere repeatedly with tow trucks trying to move the cars and still not commit the offense of disorderly conduct.
    Really? There is a statute that says you can do that?

    Its not considered disorderly conduct, its considered impeding traffic.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

Page 61 of 64 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •