Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #521
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The officer described his actions outside that led to the warnings and then the arrest as 'tumultuous'.

    Its in the report.

    The officer also told him to come outside to get the cops badge number and name after the third time Gates asked for it. Again most of this came from the argument inside to which Gates felt he was harrassed after he proved he was who he said he was with 2 separate IDs.

  2. #522
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    In context, to the cambridge thing it would be because he was black. You revisionists are funny today.
    Now you're the one making this racial trying to explain things away. So this quote wasn't in regards to healthcare as you claimed. No wonder you couldn't provide context

  3. #523
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Now you're the one making this racial trying to explain things away. So this quote wasn't in regards to healthcare as you claimed. No wonder you couldn't provide context


    someone didn't watch the news conference....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #524
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    The officer also told him to come outside to get the cops badge number and name after the third time Gates asked for it. Again most of this came from the argument inside to which Gates felt he was harrassed after he proved he was who he said he was with 2 separate IDs.
    I think you are picking and choosing which parts of which story you want to use.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #525
    Student
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    03-09-11 @ 10:02 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    277

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Yeah that means that the police report had some errors in it as the report claimed she did describe what she thought to be two african americans approaching the house.
    ......"In an interview last night, Cambridge Police Commissioner Robert C. Haas said it was ac curate that Whalen did not mention race in her 911 call. He acknowledged that a police report of the incident did include a race reference. The report says Whalen observed “what appeared to be two black males with backpacks on the front porch’’ of a Ware Street home on July 16.

    That reference is there, said Haas, because the police report is a summary. Its descriptions - like the race of the two men - were collected during the inquiry, not necessarily from the initial 911 call, he said.".......even if she did mention race-it wouldn't matter. This is just another case of black whining.
    Source: Boston.com SICK of VICTIM mentality.
    Last edited by frazier991; 07-28-09 at 01:46 AM.
    When governments fear people, there is liberty, when people fear governments, there's Tyranny

  6. #526
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 10:49 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,323

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Obama was making a joke about what would happen if he somehow "lost his keys" and tried to jimmy his way into the White House. He's right, if that happened, Rest Assured he would be shot.
    I'll give $20 to try and jimmy the door to the White House.
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  7. #527
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    someone didn't watch the news conference....

    You were talking about his healthcare speech now you're talking about the news conference make up your mind. So making a joke about possibly being shot for breaking into his home is "race-baiting" even though it doesn't fit the definition and you get all serious. But were you as serious when someone made a joke about not finding wmd's under the table?

  8. #528
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by frazier991 View Post
    ......"In an interview last night, Cambridge Police Commissioner Robert C. Haas said it was ac curate that Whalen did not mention race in her 911 call. He acknowledged that a police report of the incident did include a race reference. The report says Whalen observed “what appeared to be two black males with backpacks on the front porch’’ of a Ware Street home on July 16.

    That reference is there, said Haas, because the police report is a summary. Its descriptions - like the race of the two men - were collected during the inquiry, not necessarily from the initial 911 call, he said.".......even if she did mention race-it wouldn't matter. This is just another case of black whining.
    Source: Boston.com SICK of VICTIM mentality.
    So now this begs to wonder what else the police report might have gotten wrong. The police report attributed to her the description of the men being african american. So what else could have been a mistake. Black whining? The guy was IDed in his own home and the situation blew up. If the cops just left after identifying Gates the situation would have ended. Why is it you feel that citizens do not have rights on their own property?

  9. #529
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I think you are picking and choosing which parts of which story you want to use.

    Now isn't that what everything here has been doing? So far we've really only heard the cops side of the story and everyone seems to go off that.

  10. #530
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    You were talking about his healthcare speech now you're talking about the news conference make up your mind. So making a joke about possibly being shot for breaking into his home is "race-baiting" even though it doesn't fit the definition and you get all serious. But were you as serious when someone made a joke about not finding wmd's under the table?




    Playing obtuse won't help you.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 53 of 64 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •