Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
Results 481 to 490 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #481
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    He was on his porch...


    Could be be on his porch naked with his blood engorged member in his hands hollerin at teh shortiez without being arrested?

    Why not?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  2. #482
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Could be be on his porch naked with his blood engorged member in his hands hollerin at teh shortiez without being arrested?

    Why not?
    Because he's not the Good Reverend?

    (could not resist)

  3. #483
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    And when you call that same officer a racist at the top of your lungs in public it's called disturbing the peace.

    Game, set, match, Crowley.
    Once again incorrect. While in the confines of his own home he can shout at the officer as loud as he wants to. What part of the statute do you not understand?

    There was no disorderly conduct the officer had to pull Gates outside to give him a trumped up charge

  4. #484
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Because he's not the Good Reverend?

    (could not resist)




    No apology needed, You get me,you really do!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #485
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    He was on his porch...


    Could be be on his porch naked with his blood engorged member in his hands hollerin at teh shortiez without being arrested?

    Why not?
    Obviously even you know the difference between being in your home and creating a disturbance outside while being naked. Being naked would be another misdemeanor in itself... Now you're just being absurd

  6. #486
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Obviously even you know the difference between being in your home and creating a disturbance outside while being naked. Being naked would be another misdemeanor in itself... Now you're just being absurd



    Please cite the law. He is on his porch.....


    What is the difference between disorderly and lewd actions in view of the public, even from your private home.


    If I was gates neighbor, I might take out a complaint...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #487
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Once again incorrect. While in the confines of his own home he can shout at the officer as loud as he wants to. What part of the statute do you not understand?

    There was no disorderly conduct the officer had to pull Gates outside to give him a trumped up charge
    You're mistaken. Cambridge has a strict noise ordinance: City Of Cambridge - Department Announcement. You can't be as loud as you wish inside or outside your home.

    This might involve any type of noise disturbance including excessive noise from a neighbor’s house or apartment, kids on a street corner, loud car stereos, etc. Call the ECC at the police non-emergency number, 617-349-3300, and the ECC will dispatch the appropriate neighborhood police unit. Sometimes the neighborhood unit is busy on another call or going on or off-duty at their shift change, so please be patient in awaiting a response.
    If an officer could hear him shouting from outside of his home, he was disorderly.
    Last edited by Catz Part Deux; 07-27-09 at 12:24 PM.

  8. #488
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Once again incorrect. While in the confines of his own home he can shout at the officer as loud as he wants to. What part of the statute do you not understand?
    What part of Gates was outside when he was shouting that Crowley was a racist do you not understand.

    Crowley was leaving the house and Gates followed him.

    You keep saying Crowley should have left--Crowley was leaving. Gates would not let it drop.

    Crowley did everything that you say he should have done. Gates would not let it drop.

    Gates picked a fight with a cop and got a tour of a holding cell as the grand boobie prize.

    Game, set, match, Crowley.

  9. #489
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by PogueMoran View Post
    Obviously even you know the difference between being in your home and creating a disturbance outside while being naked. Being naked would be another misdemeanor in itself... Now you're just being absurd
    Not necessarily. In many places, the nudity has to be alarming and disturbing, or in pursuit of sexual gratification.

    (When, like me, you're too sexy for your shirt, you have to know these things to avoid starting riots at random! )

  10. #490
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Northeast
    Last Seen
    11-03-11 @ 08:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    2,834

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    What part of Gates was outside when he was shouting that Crowley was a racist do you not understand.

    Crowley was leaving the house and Gates followed him.

    You keep saying Crowley should have left--Crowley was leaving. Gates would not let it drop.

    Crowley did everything that you say he should have done. Gates would not let it drop.

    Gates picked a fight with a cop and got a tour of a holding cell as the grand boobie prize.

    Game, set, match, Crowley.
    No Crowley told Gates if he wanted Crowley's badge number and identification to come outside. The original argument happened inside the house where Crowley was following Gates around and after Gates produced 2 separate IDs and Crowley didn't think that was enough. The crowd only gathered because of the cops being at his house. If Crowley did everything he said he could have done he would have been the bigger man and left the scene. How hard is that? Sure Gates was a dick but Crowley didn't have to retaliate. Then the charges were dropped so what was the point?

Page 49 of 64 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •