Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast
Results 371 to 380 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #371
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I'm done with you. When you return from your trip to Uranus back to the real world, let us know, okay?
    done with me? must be recess time!

  2. #372
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    so when a cop supports another cop - that's just being honest.

    but when a black mayor support some black guy - that's because of bias.


    pathetic!
    You're putting words in my mouth. But, whatever.

  3. #373
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    most cops abuse their powers with trumped up charges - this is a common one.




    It's usually criminals and drug addicted dirt bags that have this view of the police...... Just sayin.....
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  4. #374
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    It's usually criminals and drug addicted dirt bags that have this view of the police...... Just sayin.....
    just saying what?

    If you are going to engage in personal attacks, don't be such a coward about it and spell it out.

  5. #375
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    The picture cooborates the officers statement, the officer on tv today has never changed his story. and in the report he makes notes of numerous civillian and police witnesses... I think that to me, indicates who is telling the truth here.
    So the cop sticks to his crappy story. So? That doesn't mean anything, he's already got priors in this case. And I don't care that he said there were numerous witnesses, what's absent are the statements of those witnesses. You have no idea what those civilians thought about what was going on because the police did not interview them and take statements.

    Breaking and entering, (which if your own home is not a crime but...) failing to show ID, he could have been arrested on the spot for both of that given the fact that he did break and enter, and failed to prove his identity ...
    You are dead wrong. You can't break and enter into your own home. He could not have legally been arrested for that crime. And he did produce I.D.


    Furthermore, he was warned about disorderly conduct. Now I might agree being an asshole to a cop should not be illegal, but fact is as it stands now disorderyly conduct falls under this perview..
    Reading Crowley's report and reading the state statute on "disorderly conduct" Gates is not guilty of that crime.
    Imagine this was some college kid instead of big shot bigot race baite professor? DO you think the kid would get the same response of "cooler heads shouldove" response?
    If it were a college kid the arrest would still be bad, whether or not he got an admission of wrong doing from the agency.

    All other things aside, the arrest was bad, the report was bad.
    *insert profound statement here*

  6. #376
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    just saying what?

    If you are going to engage in personal attacks, don't be such a coward about it and spell it out.



    I don't know you, so I won't speculate as to whether you are a scofflaw or a low life... I simply do not know.


    What I do know, is that everytime I hear someone make such stupid remarks about "most cops", its usually something amiss in the person making the absurd claim, and not those wascally cops....


    If the Good Reverend was to insult you, you would take it as a compliment, he is that good.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #377
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I don't know you, so I won't speculate as to whether you are a scofflaw or a low life... I simply do not know.


    What I do know, is that everytime I hear someone make such stupid remarks about "most cops", its usually something amiss in the person making the absurd claim, and not those wascally cops....


    If the Good Reverend was to insult you, you would take it as a compliment, he is that good.
    your shtick is rather old.

  8. #378
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    So the cop sticks to his crappy story. So? That doesn't mean anything, he's already got priors in this case. And I don't care that he said there were numerous witnesses, what's absent are the statements of those witnesses. You have no idea what those civilians thought about what was going on because the police did not interview them and take statements.
    There is a lot of grey that still needs to come forth, there is murmurs of a tape... lets wait and see, I don't think you and I would come to a consensus on this at this time.


    You are dead wrong. You can't break and enter into your own home. He could not have legally been arrested for that crime. And he did produce I.D.

    Think about it. As a former LEO, If you came across a man who just busted down the door of a home, then refused to show you ID. Are you suggesting to me that he could not be arrested for failing to provide ID and breaking and entering?


    And yes, eventually he did produce ID.... relucantly.... It could have legally gone much worse for this race baiter....





    Reading Crowley's report and reading the state statute on "disorderly conduct" Gates is not guilty of that crime.

    If it were a college kid the arrest would still be bad, whether or not he got an admission of wrong doing from the agency.

    All other things aside, the arrest was bad, the report was bad.


    I disagree. I think it was textbook, maybe too textbook, but textbook none the less....


    My point about the college kid, is he still would be sitting in jail.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #379
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    12-15-17 @ 06:22 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,740

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    your shtick is rather old.


    Like the other anti-cop poster, you refuse to reveal the nature of your hatred for those that enforce laws. Rather a self revealing answer to my previous query, no?
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #380
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:14 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,466

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    The relevant Massachussetts code was cited in this thread. Doesn't say a single damn word about the need for the disorderly behavior to be witnessed and compained about by a citizen. It merely says one can be arrested for disorderly behavior, and in fact, the disorderly behavior has to be witnessed by the arresting officer in order for the arrest to be made or the courts are just going to toss the case out.

    So what you've done is merely latch onto some bogus protect-the-asshole-bigot-racist argument that has no legal merit and no rational basis, and you're going to hold firm to that because you know that since no citizen complaint is necessary, no citizen complaint is going to be filed, especially not since the charges have already been dropped.

    In other words, you're being dishonest.
    In other words you don't know what the **** you're talking about son.

    The statute clearly states the offender must, with purpose, engage in behavior that causes an annoyance, nuisance, or alarm to "the public."

    This officer failed to document any facts that can show Gates had "purpose" to cause "alarm" to "the public." Where is the victim statement from a member of the public that they were actually alarmed?

    I know Crowley said they "appeared alarmed" but that doesn't cut it. No more so than an officer who sees a person who appears to be speeding can actually prove they are speeding without some kind of evidence (pace, radar, etc). Crowley needed a member of the public to provide a statement complaining that Gates behavior actually caused them to be alarmed.

    Period.
    *insert profound statement here*

Page 38 of 64 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •