Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast
Results 261 to 270 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #261
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    Who cares if he was race baiting the cops? That's not grounds for arresting the man. He can speak his mind on his own property. That is not against the law. Which is why the charges were dropped. Is Gates a race baiter? I think that's pretty much obvious. Is that a crime? No, end of story. He shouldn't have been arrested.

    Bull****. They made a bad arrest on trumped up charges. He wasn't out of control, he was shooting off his mouth on his own property. There is no law that says you can't yell at the cops. They weren't doing their job, they were abusing their authority because the guy pissed them off.
    Im starting to wonder if you ever worked in law enforcement at all as you say, or are you just saying all this stuff to impress all your new liberal friends.

    If you've worked for law enforcement for 1 year, you already know what the media does to a story, any story, involving crime or law enforcement. They NEVER get the facts, or change them a little to make the story more exciting.
    It only gets worse as the story gets to a national level.


    Thats why I rely on the report, which clearly shows the guy was in the wrong.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  2. #262
    cookies crumble
    ARealConservative's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Last Seen
    04-21-17 @ 09:41 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    14,518

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Harshaw View Post
    I don't think that conclusion is fairly reached by any of evidence.
    By evidence you really mean a police report of the officer defending his stupid arrest

  3. #263
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    wasting time/money on arresting this perosn was not doing their job, it was filling their enormous egos.
    Did he violate the law?

    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #264
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,419

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    A police officer should never be reprimanded or suspended for doing his job.

    If the man violated a law, regardless of whether you think the law should be enforced or if it was necessary, and the officer decided to act within his authority to enforce said law, then there should not be any reprimand or suspension.
    What law did he violate? Reading that report does not indicate the elements of the crime in question. There was not enough PC for an arrest. That was a case of stretching the pen to try and make a very weak case. I know that crap when I see it.

    The cop should be reprimanded.

    Here is the entire report. It's bull****. The officer asked Gates to talk to him outside because of the "acoustics" of the kitchen. Regardless, his conduct did not rise to the level of committing the crime, which is spelled out ZETTEL, COMMONWEALTH vs., 46 Mass. App. Ct. 471.

    "A person is guilty of disorderly conduct if, with purpose to cause public inconvenience, annoyance or alarm, or recklessly creating a risk thereof, he:

    "(a) engages in fighting or threatening, or in violent or tumultuous behavior; or . . .

    Page 474

    "(c) creates a hazardous or physically offensive condition by any act which serves no legitimate purpose of the actor" (emphasis supplied in Feigenbaum).

    The Commonwealth argues that the evidence supports both sections of the definition - the defendant's actions constituted tumultuous conduct and also created a hazardous condition by acts which served no legitimate purpose of the defendant.

    1. Tumultuous behavior. Turning to the ordinary dictionary definition, we find that "tumultuous" is defined as "l: marked by tumult: full of commotion and uproar: riotous, stormy, boisterous . . . 2: tending or disposed to cause or incite a tumult . . . 3: marked by violent or overwhelming turbulence or upheaval." Webster's Third New Intl. Dictionary 2462 (1993) [Note 5].
    It's a case of culpability. In order for Gates to have committed this crime they had to prove it was his intended purpose to annoy, alarm, or nuisance the public.
    *insert profound statement here*

  5. #265
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    What difference does it make though? He didn't commit any crime.
    So, your an expert on Massachusetts law?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #266
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,419

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Did he violate the law?

    No, he did not. The law states he must have the purpose of causing an annoyance, alarm, or nuisance to the public. There is no evidence that this was Gates purpose. Culpable mental state. Gates was pissed off and yelling at the cops. That does not constitute disorderly conduct.
    *insert profound statement here*

  7. #267
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    What law did he violate? Reading that report does not indicate the elements of the crime in question. There was not enough PC for an arrest. That was a case of stretching the pen to try and make a very weak case. I know that crap when I see it.

    The cop should be reprimanded.

    Here is the entire report. It's bull****. The officer asked Gates to talk to him outside because of the "acoustics" of the kitchen. Regardless, his conduct did not rise to the level of committing the crime, which is spelled out ZETTEL, COMMONWEALTH vs., 46 Mass. App. Ct. 471.



    It's a case of culpability. In order for Gates to have committed this crime they had to prove it was his intended purpose to annoy, alarm, or nuisance the public.
    Im sorry, how many times do you have to tell someone through yelling and screaming that they are racist and are profiling you?

    I'd say one is sufficient, any more and its intended purpose goes from communicating an opinion to creating a scene for the purpose of getting attention and annoying the **** out of everyone.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #268
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Lerxst View Post
    No, he did not. The law states he must have the purpose of causing an annoyance, alarm, or nuisance to the public. There is no evidence that this was Gates purpose. Culpable mental state. Gates was pissed off and yelling at the cops. That does not constitute disorderly conduct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Im sorry, how many times do you have to tell someone through yelling and screaming that they are racist and are profiling you?

    I'd say one is sufficient, any more and its intended purpose goes from communicating an opinion to creating a scene for the purpose of getting attention and annoying the **** out of everyone.
    My response remains the same.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  9. #269
    Every day I'm hustlin'..
    Lerxst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Nationwide...
    Last Seen
    Today @ 08:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    15,419

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    So, your an expert on Massachusetts law?
    I'm an expert in police work, I don't have to be an expert in Massachusetts law. I can read the statute and then see if they applied the charge properly based on the elements of the case. They did not act properly.

    They ****ed up.
    *insert profound statement here*

  10. #270
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    TV is telling everyone it is racism.

    He is thinking outside of the TV.

    You however, are not.
    Link to the post where I said anything about racism or STFU. Thanks.
    Any day now, champ.

Page 27 of 64 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •