Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 221 to 230 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #221
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Gates is free to say anything he wants in his own home, that's one of those personal freedoms you righties whine about. Remember? The point about this case is that if Dr. Gates, who was named one of the 25 most influential Americans, can be arrested in his own home, what chance does a random black man have?
    So, what you're saying is that influential people should have a different standard of treatment from everyone else.

    The reality is that since you now admit that the average white guy would get arrested under those same circumstances, then logically, it was just and proper for this racist guy to get arrested also, and with no consideration made for his tan or his ever so prominent position that no one's ever heard of.

  2. #222
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Everyone has their own opinion of the situation and the President is no different. I don't think it was very professional and Presidential to characterize the events as "stupid", but that may just be me. I don't think Obama is racist though.
    If he's not a RACIST why did he order charges dropped against the Black Panthers that were about to be sentenced for violating laws against blocking access to polling places? Why did he order the I.G. investigating the crooked Black Mayor fired and the investigation dropped.
    He's a racist and maybe he gets it from his wife. He said that officers who were doing there jobs were stupid when he knew nothing and then made another racist remark about being shot. Give me a break he;s a total racist and he proved is in his own words.
    And don't anyone give me any crap about well he didn't do these things someone under him did it. Bull Shiite.

  3. #223
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    According to the police report, Gates repeatedly yelled charges of racial bias against the cops. In his own home. He did not threaten them. He was within his rights and acting legally. Since the charges have now been dropped, the court agrees.
    Are you people really such gullible saps?

    You don't ever see the hand of politics in any event involving the self-important irrelevant famous but very noisy and well connected academe and the local district attorney?

    The charges were dropped because if the case ever went to trial, the DA couldn't get a conviction, and if he pursued the matter, all the fat cat donors in Cambridge would dry up and he'd never get elected again.

    Welcome to the real ****ing world, bud.

  4. #224
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:20 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,564

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Aside from the fact that it never reached a "court" for it to "agree."
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

  5. #225
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    All he said was that they made a "stupid" mistake. Did he choose the wrong words? Absolutely. However, I didn't really see a blatant comment about racism in what he said.
    They didn't make a mistake, they arrested an out-of-control disorderly citizen.

    That's their job.

  6. #226
    Guru
    Councilman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Riverside, County, CA.
    Last Seen
    11-04-11 @ 10:16 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    4,454
    Blog Entries
    10

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Are you people really such gullible saps?

    You don't ever see the hand of politics in any event involving the self-important irrelevant famous but very noisy and well connected academe and the local district attorney?

    The charges were dropped because if the case ever went to trial, the DA couldn't get a conviction, and if he pursued the matter, all the fat cat donors in Cambridge would dry up and he'd never get elected again.

    Welcome to the real ****ing world, bud.
    Right on the facts from the police report which was written before all the BS started show that Gates was RACE BAITING the police so he could raise hell. If you read about what he does for PBS it's create documentaries and here he laid the ground work for a new one. I think he's scum and not because he's black but because he has no respect for the law I'd be just as pissed at a white, brown, yellow or green, guy for similar behavior.

  7. #227
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    I'm not sure how many different ways I have to explain it to you before you get it.
    Try this theory on for size:

    You can't explain your position so other people understand and agree because you're wrong.

    Cops are jerks, but the fact of the matter is they don't have time to be bothered with arresting everyone that's rude to them, so they reserve that honor to only the worst offenders.

    As has been stated, the cops were already walking away when that dumb-**** arrogant bigot pursued them and continued his irrational tirade, and raised his annoyance factor to the point where the cops said, "that's enough" and obeyed the laws and arrested him for disorderly conduct, thereby treating him EXACTLY like they'd treat any unshaven pot-bellied tank-top wearing beer swilling white guy.

    So where's the racism?

  8. #228
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    If he's not a RACIST why did he order charges dropped against the Black Panthers that were about to be sentenced for violating laws against blocking access to polling places?
    Because a solid investigation of that incident would probably point to a causal chain linked to the Messiah His Holy Self.

  9. #229
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Councilman View Post
    Right on the facts from the police report which was written before all the BS started show that Gates was RACE BAITING the police so he could raise hell. If you read about what he does for PBS it's create documentaries and here he laid the ground work for a new one. I think he's scum and not because he's black but because he has no respect for the law I'd be just as pissed at a white, brown, yellow or green, guy for similar behavior.
    IMO he was probably already working on the preliminaries for that mockumentary and saw an opportunity to fabricate his own "see? I's nothin' but a lowley negro to dose racist cops, too" point of view on his show.

    See now why the Corporation for Public Broadcasting should be dismantled?

  10. #230
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Are you people really such gullible saps?

    You don't ever see the hand of politics in any event involving the self-important irrelevant famous but very noisy and well connected academe and the local district attorney?

    The charges were dropped because if the case ever went to trial, the DA couldn't get a conviction, and if he pursued the matter, all the fat cat donors in Cambridge would dry up and he'd never get elected again.

    Welcome to the real ****ing world, bud.
    That's the beauty of reality "bud", if logic, reasonable discourse and common sense don't work, we can always cut off your funding. One way or the other, you WILL do the right thing.

Page 23 of 64 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •