Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast
Results 191 to 200 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #191
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Alrighty then. Just keep believing what your television tells you and all will be okay ...
    So because someone wants Gates to prove his assertions it means that they must believe what the tv tells them? You really need to work on your debating skills.

  2. #192
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    According to the report linked, which is not available any longer for some reason, the man FOLLOWED police out onto the sidewalk.

    Its unfortunate that our liberal media is too busy trying to make a dime off of this to report the truth, just like with Jena 6.
    I have it right here for you, Caine.

    http://www.debatepolitics.com/breaki...post1058151216

  3. #193
    Fool & Troll Handler
    MC.no.spin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Last Seen
    08-26-17 @ 02:53 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    3,392

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism




    The cop in the lower right hand corner is clearly a racist!
    "Everyone has his axe to grind - his favorite fiction to pimp. We live in a world of hustlers and clowns."
    ~ Bob Somerby

  4. #194
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    However, as you put it he is no more or less credible than any other random human..so why do you side with Gates?
    Because the assumption rests on the state to prove the crime, not on Gates to disprove it. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.

  5. #195
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Because the assumption rests on the state to prove the crime, not on Gates to disprove it. Innocent until proven guilty and all that.
    This also isn't a court case. We are talking about the incident itself. Plus, the officer himself isn't the state. As you said, he is no more or less credible than anyone there. So again, I'll ask you...why do you automatically side with Gates?

  6. #196
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    So because someone wants Gates to prove his assertions it means that they must believe what the tv tells them? You really need to work on your debating skills.
    Straw man. Try again.

  7. #197
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Coronado View Post
    Straw man. Try again.
    How is it a straw man? That is exactly what you said.

  8. #198
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    This also isn't a court case. We are talking about the incident itself. Plus, the officer himself isn't the state. As you said, he is no more or less credible than anyone there. So again, I'll ask you...why do you automatically side with Gates?
    I'm not sure how many different ways I have to explain it to you before you get it. I don't care that it's not a court case; the onus is always on the state because the alternative to that is tyranny. I don't want to live in a country where the police are correct until they can be proven wrong.

  9. #199
    Voluntary Resignation

    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    11-30-10 @ 05:20 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    7,059

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    How is it a straw man? That is exactly what you said.
    I'm not going to hold your hand on this. Go back and read the series of responses in their entirety if you still don't get it. Thanks.

  10. #200
    Filmmaker Lawyer Patriot
    Harshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 06:47 PM
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    29,585

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    So . . .

    Whatever the government says in any instance is false until it proves it's not?
    “Offing those rich pigs with their own forks and knives, and then eating a meal in the same room, far out! The Weathermen dig Charles Manson.”-- Bernadine Dohrn

Page 20 of 64 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •