Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #131
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Apparently we must go through this again Sir Patrick. I recommend actually reading rather than hitting the reply button as soon as you read my first two words of reply.

    Those don't sound like examples of a specific cop.
    Hmm...actually no. No we don't need to go over it again. Please cite examples of blanket statements I've made and then we can discuss it. Otherwise I have no interest in continuing the discussion with you.

  2. #132
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Hmm...actually no. No we don't need to go over it again. Please cite examples of blanket statements I've made and then we can discuss it. Otherwise I have no interest in continuing the discussion with you.
    I apologize if you don't like me displaying where Scarecrow, the guy you were defending, was making blanket statements.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  3. #133
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by metreon View Post
    It sounds as if no one read the details, - Prof. Gates DID give his license AND Harvard ID to the officer when asked. Identification was NOT the issue. Gates DID identify himself and provided evidence that was his home. But it also sounds like Gates was being obnoxious, too, brow beating the officier.
    There you go. Guilty as no longer charged.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    The update information is just pathetic.

    All it tells black people in America is that if you scream loud enough about racism your charges will be dropped.

    Even if they were legitimate.
    Rodney King already hammered that lesson home.

  5. #135
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    What I see in the published documents allowed to remain on the internet is that this goons FRIENDS claim, without substantation and WITHOUT BEING PRESENT that the goon provided the ID requested.

    Not a shred of evidence in the public news accounts backs this up.

    So why are THESE PEOPLE on this thread defending the goon automatically assuming the cop was "racist" against a black man?

  6. #136
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    What I see in the published documents allowed to remain on the internet is that this goons FRIENDS claim, without substantation and WITHOUT BEING PRESENT that the goon provided the ID requested.

    Not a shred of evidence in the public news accounts backs this up.

    So why are THESE PEOPLE on this thread defending the goon automatically assuming the cop was "racist" against a black man?
    Because cops are evil and distrustful racist pigs who should all burn in hell and die?
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #137
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Because cops are evil and distrustful racist pigs who should all burn in hell and die?
    No. Because they have to perpetuate the myth that blacks can't make it not because they don't prepare themselves but because The Man is still holding them down. Just because the Man is now The Messiah doesn't matter. People like Gates and certainly the people he would call friends all make their living perpetuating that myth, and they're not going to give it up, no way, no how.

  8. #138
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No. Because they have to perpetuate the myth that blacks can't make it not because they don't prepare themselves but because The Man is still holding them down. Just because the Man is now The Messiah doesn't matter. People like Gates and certainly the people he would call friends all make their living perpetuating that myth, and they're not going to give it up, no way, no how.
    I don't think Dr. Gates has ever complained that "the man" was "holding him down". But if he was arrested in his own house, it is possible that racism played a part in it.
    What I find curious is your knee-jerk defense, and your use of archaic racial slogans in defense of the arresting officers. You speak of perpetuating myths...behind your hysterical reaction I see the shadows of men in sheets.
    Last edited by WillRockwell; 07-22-09 at 10:37 PM.

  9. #139
    Sage
    bhkad's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Last Seen
    08-13-10 @ 01:01 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    10,745

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Pres. Obama called the Police actions, "stupid" in tonite's press conference.

    OBL 11/24/02

  10. #140
    Passionate
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    03-07-11 @ 04:35 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    15,675

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    a man is in his home
    he provides identification upon request
    and THEN he gets arrested

    and you are ok with that

    must be the kool aid
    Sure, based on the facts you present, it does seem like a questionable arrest. However, did you read the police report?

Page 14 of 64 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •