Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 637

Thread: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

  1. #111
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Well, if your sole job is to patrol the highways and enforce traffic laws, then you are going to be expected to perform, to earn your pay.

    But when a 'quota' is brought up, it always has a negative connotation that goes along with it, as if the person being cited (given a ticket, however you want to call it), is only being cited because of a quota, and not because they violated some form of state traffic law.
    If the damn cops don't like the negative connotation of the word quota, they should stop giving their patrolmen quotas to meet.

    It's as simple as that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Its a method for those who are incapable of taking personal responsibility for their actions to attempt to justify what is going on in their own mind.
    No, it's a managerial method used by incompetents to count beans and rake in revenue. Lord knows there's enough damn fools on the streets to keep any conscientious cop busy all day, there's absolutely no need for the boobs at the station house to be setting quotas, which, as you say, are then used by the guilty to blame the cops.

    I'm not going to blame the cops on the street for that, no. I can't name one time I've been stopped that I didn't deserve it, except for that one podunk town in Utah where the speed limit dropped to thirty five from fifty five for a hundred yards on an open street, but I was the passenger that time.


    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    That sounds like a rare jack ass. There are jack asses in every profession, policing is no exception.
    Nope, fairly common cop behavior, in fact.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Now your just sounding stupid.
    No. That was an adjudicated case leading to the dismissal of the officer in question.

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Now you are stupid.
    Think I should bother reporting this abuse of power to the forum authorities?
    Last edited by Scarecrow Akhbar; 07-22-09 at 05:01 PM.

  2. #112
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I rest my case, these are blanket statements made by someone who has a dislike for police in general.
    Now what would the basis of that dislike be?

    Oh, yeah, because the preponderance of the evidence is that cops believe they're above the law, they abuse the law, and, oh yeah, they cover up for their fellow cops who do the same.

    I've seen enough off duty cops to know what I'm talking about here. I also knew a few in their high school days, and every single one of them shared two common characteristics: average intelligence and a tendency to bully people.

  3. #113
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Update:

    Charges Dropped Against BoobBOSTON (AP) -- Prosecutors dropped a disorderly conduct charge Tuesday against prominent black scholar Henry Louis Gates Jr., who was arrested after forcing his way into his own house in what he and other blacks say was an outrageous but all-too-common example of how police treat them.

    The city of Cambridge called the arrest "regrettable and unfortunate," and police and Gates agreed that dropping the charge was a just resolution -- though not one that quelled the anger of one of America's top academics.

    "I'm outraged," Gates said in extensive comments made to TheRoot.com, a Web site he oversees. "I can't believe that an individual policeman on the Cambridge police force would treat any African-American male this way, and I am astonished that this happened to me; and more importantly I'm astonished that it could happen to any citizen of the United States, no matter what their race.
    Why, are blacks a superior race deserving special consideration?

    That inherently racist statement eliminates any presumption of innocence I'd give this clod.

    "There are 1 million black men in the prison system, and on Thursday I became one of them," he said.
    No.

    The "prison system" is the set of state-run incarceration facilities suitable to long term (more than a year) warehousing of convicted criminals.

    That boy was held in jail, not prison. But check this out, evidence that his little "outrage" was possibly premeditated, and his "lock out", too.

    Gates, 58, is director of Harvard's W.E.B. Du Bois Institute for African and African American Research and is a documentary host. He was arrested upon his return home from China, where he working on his latest film. He said he's now inspired to work on a documentary about racial profiling.
    Now he's got hisself ready made commercials.

  4. #114
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    from the cited article of the OP, it appears gates was INSIDE his home
    he provided the requested identification
    and THEN he was arrested
    appears that the cops did not appreciate that gates both knew and asserted his rights

    the city of cambridge will soon make gates a wealthier man
    Did you happen to read the part where Gates walked outside AFTER the police officer who was leaving and continued to curse him?

    At that point, its disorderly conduct, especially when people on the street have to stop and look at this crazy man acting a fool.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  5. #115
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    If the damn cops don't like the negative connotation of the word quota, they should stop giving their patrolmen quotas to meet.

    It's as simple as that.



    No, it's a managerial method used by incompetents to count beans and rake in revenue. Lord knows there's enough damn fools on the streets to keep any conscientious cop busy all day, there's absolutely no need for the boobs at the station house to be setting quotas, which, as you say, are then used by the guilty to blame the cops.

    I'm not going to blame the cops on the street for that, no. I can't name one time I've been stopped that I didn't deserve it, except for that one podunk town in Utah where the speed limit dropped to thirty five from fifty five for a hundred yards on an open street, but I was the passenger that time.




    Nope, fairly common cop behavior, in fact.



    No. That was an adjudicated case leading to the dismissal of the officer in question.



    Think I should bother reporting this abuse of power to the forum authorities?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Now what would the basis of that dislike be?

    Oh, yeah, because the preponderance of the evidence is that cops believe they're above the law, they abuse the law, and, oh yeah, they cover up for their fellow cops who do the same.

    I've seen enough off duty cops to know what I'm talking about here. I also knew a few in their high school days, and every single one of them shared two common characteristics: average intelligence and a tendency to bully people.


    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #116
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    10-05-17 @ 01:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Update:


    The update information is just pathetic.

    All it tells black people in America is that if you scream loud enough about racism your charges will be dropped.

    Even if they were legitimate.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  7. #117
    Androgyne
    Dr_Patrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Last Seen
    12-16-15 @ 11:50 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    9,349
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Do you actually have something to say, or are your one liners all you can come up with?
    As EgoffTib put it: "Oh sweet irony...."

  8. #118
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    Did you happen to read the part where Gates walked outside AFTER the police officer who was leaving and continued to curse him?

    At that point, its disorderly conduct, especially when people on the street have to stop and look at this crazy man acting a fool.
    yes. and i also notice that the city now finds that his arrest was unfortunate and inappropriate

    the cops were clearly in the wrong

    what part of that are you unable to see?

  9. #119
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,408

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by justabubba View Post
    yes. and i also notice that the city now finds that his arrest was unfortunate and inappropriate

    the cops were clearly in the wrong

    what part of that are you unable to see?

    Please, if this was some other guy, they would not have been in the wrong. They are buckling under the pressure to not 'look' racist. Simple as that.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  10. #120
    long standing member
    justabubba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Last Seen
    Today @ 03:24 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    36,129

    Re: Top scholar Gates arrested in Mass., claims racism

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    Please, if this was some other guy, they would not have been in the wrong. They are buckling under the pressure to not 'look' racist. Simple as that.
    a man is in his home
    he provides identification upon request
    and THEN he gets arrested

    and you are ok with that

    must be the kool aid

Page 12 of 64 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •