Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 41

Thread: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

  1. #11
    dangerously addictive
    americanwoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 12:33 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    17,435

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    So if you don't mind supporting the death penalty, then sure...I can understand your position.
    I fully support the death penalty, yet I cannot even begin to think of supporting the death of this woman.
    I call my own shots, largely based on an accumulation of data, and everyone knows it.
    _____________________________________________

  2. #12
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    She is already in your country.
    Yeah.
    And now we are stuck with her for fear of being sued or being in trouble with EUCoHR
    Last edited by Laila; 07-20-09 at 04:50 PM.


  3. #13
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    I fully support the death penalty, yet I cannot even begin to think of supporting the death of this woman.
    I don't support the death of any women and child for sex.

    But i don't see why we get the baggage and possible consequences


  4. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Redneck Riviera
    Last Seen
    07-09-11 @ 06:11 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    28,728

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    But i don't see why we get the baggage and possible consequences
    Ethics: just so damned inconvenient at times.

  5. #15
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by Catz Part Deux View Post
    Ethics: just so damned inconvenient at times.
    Hah. What ethics is there in Government or Government rules about asylum? None.

    Why do i have a sneaking suspicion that if she wasn't a Princess, we would have rejected it.


  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Hah. What ethics is there in Government or Government rules about asylum? None.

    Why do i have a sneaking suspicion that if she wasn't a Princess, we would have rejected it.
    Well I imagine ethics is what's stopping them from handing her over to be executed.

  7. #17
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well I imagine ethics is what's stopping them from handing her over to be executed.
    Not really. Politics is keeping her safe. For now.
    Last edited by Laila; 07-20-09 at 05:29 PM.


  8. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    Not really. Politics is keeping her safe. For now.
    Well that doesn't make any sense. You said politically and economically it's not a good thing to piss SA off. Yet UK is refusing to hand over a princess to receive the death penalty. So how are politics keeping her safe?

  9. #19
    Sage
    Laila's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Last Seen
    04-28-17 @ 01:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    10,095

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by jallman View Post
    Well that doesn't make any sense. You said politically and economically it's not a good thing to piss SA off. Yet UK is refusing to hand over a princess to receive the death penalty. So how are politics keeping her safe?
    5 words.
    European court of Human Rights.

    We'll be right up sh*t creek if we deport her and she gets executed in Saudi Arabia
    Last edited by Laila; 07-20-09 at 05:34 PM.


  10. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    02-16-11 @ 08:57 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    36,915
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Saudi princess 'given UK asylum'

    Quote Originally Posted by Laila View Post
    5 words.
    European court of Human Rights.

    We'll be right up sh*t creek if we deport her and she gets executed in Saudi Arabia
    I'm not being obtuse...I am literally just ignorant of what you are talking about. Can you further explain, please?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •