Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 35

Thread: White House putting off release of budget update

  1. #21
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:46 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,317

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Originally Posted by WillRockwell
    My God, you people are just salivating over the possibility that the new administration, the Democrats and Congress will all fail in their efforts to rebuild America,
    I promise that I will show PBO all the respect and courtesy that you Libbos showed Bush. You have my word on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  2. #22
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I would bet $10 that you supported George Bush and his administration without question...
    I'll PM you my address and you can send me the money.

    If Obama were Republican you would put up with ANYTHING from him, just as you drank the Bush Kool-aid for 8 years
    So, you admit that you're a The Obama kool-aid drinker.
    Good -- getting past denial is the 2nd step...

  3. #23
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You are incapable of "intelligent discourse", so don't lecture me on it.
    Irony so thick you need a Continental Engineer...
    Last edited by Goobieman; 07-20-09 at 04:39 PM.

  4. #24
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Though I don't know the reason for Obama's delay this isn't exactly surprising as we saw the same delay in 2001 in Bush's first year and also in 1993 in Clinton's first year.

    Delaying budget updates the first year a President takes office seems tradition.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  5. #25
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    I'll PM you my address and you can send me the money.


    So, you admit that you're a The Obama kool-aid drinker.
    Good -- getting past denial is the 2nd step...
    Noooo, I think I "admitted" you were a ditto-head for Bush

  6. #26
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Noooo, I think I "admitted" you were a ditto-head for Bush
    And, as per the norm, you were wrong.

    If Bush were Democrat you would put up with ANYTHING from him... just as you will from The Obama, for as long as he manages to stay in office.

  7. #27
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Clearly, the right will actively work for the defeat of any American government they are not in control of. How is this not treason?
    Because "We the People" say otherwise.

    The United States Constitution - The U.S. Constitution Online - USConstitution.net

    You might wish to acquaint yourself with this document. Then please do the nation a favor and introduce it to Dear Leader. He managed to slouch through law school without hearing about it.

  8. #28
    Professor
    WillRockwell's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    07-10-10 @ 09:48 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    1,950

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    And, as per the norm, you were wrong.

    If Bush were Democrat you would put up with ANYTHING from him... just as you will from The Obama, for as long as he manages to stay in office.
    You assume way too much, and reveal your diminished capacity. The only reason you say I would put up with anything from a Democratic president is because that's what Republicans do. That is not what Democrats do. We don't have Kool-Aid, we don't have ditto-heads or radio announcers dictating what our opinions shall be. Democrats, you see, can think for themselves, and we criticize our elected leaders when they are wrong, even if they are in our party. You should try it sometime.

  9. #29
    Sage
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Last Seen
    08-27-09 @ 08:41 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    6,344

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    I would bet $10 that you supported George Bush and his administration without question, and defended the most ridiculous policies with every fiber of your being. You don't hate Obama because he is Socialist, or because he is black or becasue he is "ruining the country", you hate him because he is not Republican, admit it. If Obama were Republican you would put up with ANYTHING from him, just as you drank the Bush Kool-aid for 8 years
    You owe me $10.

    Not that it is ever any of your business, but I never voted for Bush. Not in 1994, not in 1998, not in 2000, not in 2004.

    Also, doing a cut-and-paste with a quick word substitution on Goobieman's rhetoric to use against someone else is exceedingly lame. It's one thing to spin someone's words back at them, but to just copy them that way as if they were your own words....tsk tsk tsk tsk.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If Bush were Democrat you would put up with ANYTHING from him...
    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    If Obama were Republican you would put up with ANYTHING from him
    Major FAIL, dude, major FAIL.
    Last edited by celticlord; 07-20-09 at 08:01 PM.

  10. #30
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 09:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: White House putting off release of budget update

    Quote Originally Posted by celticlord View Post
    Major FAIL, dude, major FAIL.
    Um celtic, Goobieman said that 16 posts AFTER Will said it. In this thread, Goobieman performed the copy/paste job you are attacking.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •