Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 38

Thread: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

  1. #11
    Professor
    formerroadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Last Seen
    06-23-10 @ 08:50 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    2,014

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So this is really the best candidate we could find to serve on the Supreme Court.......really?

    LOL
    In other words, yes, Pat Buchanan is wrong.

  2. #12
    Advisor
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Last Seen
    11-30-09 @ 04:11 PM
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    446

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelbuc View Post
    Okay... we're taking names... it's not only a bunch of Democrats who have to go in 2010. How about flushing a few misguided, bottom-feeding Republicans down the crapper to keep them company. Of course, they will be a drop in the bucket next to the crapload of Democrats.
    Good to know that Conservatives abandon their "liberal activist" brethren when they're trying to support bi-partisanship.

  3. #13
    Global Moderator
    The Hammer of Chaos
    Goshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Dixie
    Last Seen
    Today @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    44,157

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics - Yahoo! News



    Apparently, she isn't the racist activist that many have made her out to be. Thoughts?

    Lindsey Graham is only a GOP Senator because we haven't gotten the right man to run against him yet here in SC. His political days are numbered.

    He got one right during the questioning, when he pointed out that if HE had said something like Sotomayor's "wise latina" remark, reversed of course, that "they would have had his head."

    As my father used to say, "even a blind hog finds an ear of corn once in a while."

    Lindsey's endorsement means less than nothing to actual conservatives.

    Fiddling While Rome Burns
    ISIS: Carthago Delenda Est
    "I used to roll the dice; see the fear in my enemies' eyes... listen as the crowd would sing, 'now the old king is dead, Long Live the King.'.."

  4. #14
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Goshin View Post
    Lindsey Graham is only a GOP Senator because we haven't gotten the right man to run against him yet here in SC. His political days are numbered.

    He got one right during the questioning, when he pointed out that if HE had said something like Sotomayor's "wise latina" remark, reversed of course, that "they would have had his head."

    As my father used to say, "even a blind hog finds an ear of corn once in a while."

    Lindsey's endorsement means less than nothing to actual conservatives.
    What? You guys don't like Lindsey Graham?

  5. #15
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,394

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    As a white male, I can hope that my experience and judgment would be better than a latina woman......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So this is really the best candidate we could find to serve on the Supreme Court.......really?

    LOL
    Sad isn't it.


  7. #17
    Advisor tumbleweed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Maine
    Last Seen
    08-29-16 @ 09:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    341

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by rebelbuc View Post
    Okay... we're taking names... it's not only a bunch of Democrats who have to go in 2010. How about flushing a few misguided, bottom-feeding Republicans down the crapper to keep them company. Of course, they will be a drop in the bucket next to the crapload of Democrats.
    A quick look at your hit list includes a lot of Moderates. Are you suggesting the Republicans should flush them from the party just because they don't always vote along party lines?

  8. #18
    Professor
    Joe1991's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    TX
    Last Seen
    04-22-14 @ 02:05 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    1,829

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Erod View Post
    So this is really the best candidate we could find to serve on the Supreme Court.......really?
    She's infinitely more qualified than the assclown Clarence Thomas.

  9. #19
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Whitewater, CO
    Last Seen
    04-05-16 @ 06:04 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    8,260
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    She's infinitely more qualified than the assclown Clarence Thomas.
    I can't get passed the fact that Sotomayor ruled in favor of reverse racism.

    I find this action unacceptable. She is an old school bigot who has no place on the SCOTUS.

  10. #20
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,394

    Re: Sotomayor draws praise from GOP critics

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe1991 View Post
    She's infinitely more qualified than the assclown Clarence Thomas.



    More racist too!
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •