Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 188

Thread: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

  1. #41
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDeeMan View Post
    Very true, You can not have someone working under the influence of any drug.
    There is to much risk involved.
    And I'm gona slam the pot-head who comes to work stoned just as I would the drunk.

    You can't just put meth down and wait until after work, however, which is why the hard-drug proponents fail.

  2. #42
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    And I'm gona slam the pot-head who comes to work stoned just as I would the drunk.

    You can't just put meth down and wait until after work, however, which is why the hard-drug proponents fail.
    No. No failure there.

    If someone is so stupid they just have to go and get their dumbasses addicted to something that ruins their ability to keep a job, it's their problem, and there's no reason anyone should be taxed or have their liberties curtailed to keep those dumbasses from getting their substances of devotion.

    Just use them as object lessons for kids: See, children, this is what voting for Democrats ....er taking some other toxic substance does to people. Don't be like them.

  3. #43
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Tell us all about the meth heads who only use recreationaly.
    This is about California legalizing pot, not meth. Your argument was about fear of contractors being high from pot, not meth. You're double speaking. (Or are you drunk or high )
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  4. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    I can't believe how ignorant your argument is.

    Yeah, so, as a contractor, I can hire drug abusers, and when they hurt themselves while working your property, if I don't have insurance, you as the property owner are liable for their medical costs and lost wadges.

    Maybe the forklift operator who loaded the flatbed with block was high at the time, and left a pallet or 2 off center or a strap loose. When that pallet falls on your car and kills you, many people will be held criminally liable, but you'll still be dead.
    So, what you're saying is that fine, a company can currently fire a man for coming in to work drunk, but they can't fire him if drugs are legalized and he comes to work on PCP?

    The employer can set any criteria for employment he wishes.

    Also....by golly damn, drugs are illegal now....but there are still people on the shop floors, including a helicopter factory I know, who've been busted by surprise drug tests and fired. So the effort to keep those evil chemicals out of the workforce has failed.

    Please keep that salient and inescapable fact in mind: The War on Drugs was never winnable, was lost, and we're still spending billions and billions of dollars restricting the freedoms of EVERYONE as a result of this failure.

    Lost freedoms include:

    Loss of the presumption of innocence.

    Inability to carry larges amounts of cash out of the country, or even around the country.

    Civil forfeiture laws incentivize law enforcement agencies to bend the rules and break other laws, and have resulted in the murder of innocent citizens.

    Vehicle inspections at the borders.

    Citizens stopped for routine traffic violations may be held on the spot until a trained dog sniffs their vehicle, in the complete absence of any probable cause.

    etc etc etc

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by JustinDeeMan View Post
    All a person has to do is ask the person smoking pot a bunch question and make them walk straight line like they do with drunks.
    I thought waving a bag of chips in front of them was test enough....

  6. #46
    Sage
    scourge99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    The Wild West
    Last Seen
    01-27-12 @ 02:50 AM
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,233

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No. No failure there.

    If someone is so stupid they just have to go and get their dumbasses addicted to something that ruins their ability to keep a job, it's their problem, and there's no reason anyone should be taxed or have their liberties curtailed to keep those dumbasses from getting their substances of devotion.
    Certain addictions can affect society. This is reason enough to regulate certain substances. Please read about late 19th century China and its opium addiction if you need a case study in the consequences of epidemic addiction.
    If you believe in the Supernatural then you can become a millionaire!

    Questioning or criticizing another's core beliefs is inadvertently perceived as offensive and rude.

  7. #47
    User JustinDeeMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Detroit, MI
    Last Seen
    07-22-09 @ 08:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    96

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    I thought waving a bag of chips in front of them was test enough....



    That will work as well
    There is a popular Chinese maxim: "The hat is good, the shoes are good. However, if you put the hat on your feet, and the shoes on your head, then both become useless."

  8. #48
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yeah, it is, because your drug use would violate my life, liberty or property.
    No more so than anyone's alcohol use.

  9. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Patrick View Post
    Just because a lot of anti-drug propaganda calls pot a gateway drug doesn't mean that it would actually remain one if it is made legal. That's absurd.
    "Gateway drug".....practically every meth addict has eaten carrots. That must mean carrots are a gateway vegetable.

  10. #50
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    The problems that legalized pot would cause wouldn't be offset by the tax revenue that would be earned. More resources would be expended chasing people dodging taxes than there is now chasing drug dealers. Dealers selling meth, coke, crack, etc. would use pot sales as a front to sell the rest of it.
    So what you're saying is that if the government can't make a profit, then everyone's liberty should remain curtailed.

Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •