Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 188

Thread: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

  1. #131
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    This is why the lossertarian party always fails.

    Overreaching.
    That's because things are so far from where they should be that the end goals seem unachievable and unrealistic. That's not the fault of Libertarians.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You can't pass any single law which will legalize all drugs in one grand motion.

    Even if I supported legalizing hard drugs, it's still a perfectly legitimate position to only want to deal with pot at this time, in this piece of legislation. It could be seen as pushing the line back one step at a time.
    I agree with that.

  2. #132
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    I agree with that.
    Right, so when someone comes along promoting legalized pot, and counters the only real obstacle to public support: legalized hard-drugs, your way to deal with this person who serves your purpose is to stand in their way?

    Sometimes I wonder if you folks even realize it when you shoot yourselves in the foot.

    I mean, we had a guy who's only concern was that legalizing pot meant legalizing everything, and instead of putting his worries at ease, your arguing against me proves him right, thus reducing public support for legalized pot

  3. #133
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Right, so when someone comes along promoting legalized pot, and counters the only real obstacle to public support: legalized hard-drugs, your way to deal with this person who serves your purpose is to stand in their way?
    When you counter with something that assumes things which aren't true, then yes. The assertion that "drug use affects me therefore drugs should be illegal" falsely assumes that drug use is kept low because of the drug laws. You aren't serving anyone's purpose by propagating the false notion that drug laws have any influence on the rate of drug use.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Sometimes I wonder if you folks even realize it when you shoot yourselves in the foot.

    I mean, we had a guy who's only concern was that legalizing pot meant legalizing everything, and instead of putting his worries at ease, your arguing against me proves him right, thus reducing public support for legalized pot
    No, I intended to put those "hard drug" concerns at ease by pointing out that removing the penalties for hard drug use does not constitute the extreme, drastic, and unacceptable scenario that people generally make it out to be. All available data shows with little doubt that hard drug use would not increase if the hard drug laws are repealed (subsequent to repealing the marijuana laws). This means that, of all the problems associated with hard drug use that people are rightfully concerned about, not one of them would become any worse if the laws were repealed, because not one of them is even partially solved by the drug laws in the first place.

  4. #134
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    When you counter with something that assumes things which aren't true, then yes. The assertion that "drug use affects me therefore drugs should be illegal"
    You wana show where I said that? Quote me.

  5. #135
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    You wana show where I said that? Quote me.
    Ok.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    However, drug addiction and all related crime does directly affect me, not only through taxes, but in having to live in or near those neighborhoods.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yeah, it is, because your drug use would violate my life, liberty or property.



    Oh yes they can, I live 4 blocks away from one, and Pine Ridge reservation...which is on the other side of my ****ing state...affects me directly.



    You keep assuming I give a crap about you. I give a crap about me, and that **** is harming me, so **** you and liberties and **** your hard-drugs argument because this thread is about pot which doesn't cause any such crime rate.
    .
    Last edited by Binary_Digit; 07-18-09 at 02:32 PM.

  6. #136
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Ok.
    Still waiting.....where did I say "drug use affects me therefore drugs should be illegal"?

  7. #137
    Guru
    Binary_Digit's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Last Seen
    12-02-17 @ 04:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    3,539

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Well this is getting stupid now isn't it? Sorry, but no matter how many times I read "**** your liberties" and "that **** is harming me," there's really only one way I can interpret them. If I'm getting the wrong idea then maybe you need to clarify yourself a little better. That is, assuming you're not just splitting hairs because you've been busted by your own words.

  8. #138
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Binary_Digit View Post
    Well this is getting stupid now isn't it? Sorry, but no matter how many times I read "**** your liberties" and "that **** is harming me," there's really only one way I can interpret them. If I'm getting the wrong idea then maybe you need to clarify yourself a little better. That is, assuming you're not just splitting hairs because you've been busted by your own words.
    Yup, busted in my own words:

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Yeah actually it is in this case.

    We all have to follow the same rules, so I can oppose those rules which you also have to follow simply out of my own self interest with out giving a damn about you either way.

    However, drug addiction and all related crime does directly affect me, not only through taxes, but in having to live in or near those neighborhoods.


    I support legalizing pot, and not just this "medicinal" fagot bull****, but "because I want to get pie-faced because I can" recreational use, just like liquor. Your argument does not do the cause any favors.
    Wow, you got me

  9. #139
    Jedi Master
    Captain America's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Last Seen
    Today @ 07:30 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    18,671

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    It serves this country right that all the money raked in from selling pot goes to the bad guys. We get what we deserve. What a bunch of dumbasses we are.

    It's GREAT to be me. --- "45% liberal/55% conservative"
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'nice doggy" until you can find a gun.

  10. #140
    Enemy Combatant
    Kandahar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Last Seen
    10-15-13 @ 08:47 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Liberal
    Posts
    20,688

    Re: Calif tax officials: Legal pot would rake in $1.4B

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    That's nice, go start a thread on it. Right now you are no better than those who keep bringing up Bush in threads about Obama, or pedophilia in threads about gay-marriage. Quit trying to hijack this thread with conversations about hard drugs.
    What in the **** is your problem? YOU were the one who mentioned meth, I just responded to it! If you didn't want to talk about it anymore, you could have just not responded instead of being a douchebag. Get a ****ing grip.
    Last edited by Kandahar; 07-18-09 at 04:12 PM.
    Are you coming to bed?
    I can't. This is important.
    What?
    Someone is WRONG on the internet! -XKCD

Page 14 of 19 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •