Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Small Business Faces Big Bite

  1. #1
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Small Business Faces Big Bite

    This is really going to suck.


    WASHINGTON -- House Democrats on Tuesday unveiled sweeping health-care legislation that would hit all but the smallest businesses with a penalty equal to 8% of payroll if they fail to provide health insurance to workers.

    The House bill, which also would impose new taxes on the wealthy estimated to bring in more than $544 billion over a decade, came as lawmakers in the Senate raced against a self-imposed deadline of this week to introduce a bill in time for action this summer.

    Small Business Faces Big Bite - WSJ.com
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  2. #2
    Sage
    Renae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    San Antonio Texas
    Last Seen
    Today @ 02:15 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Undisclosed
    Posts
    41,283
    Blog Entries
    16

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    This is really going to suck.
    No, it's going to provide MILLIONS with healthcare! That's right, millions. Of course, most of those will be newly unemployed as small businesses start firing people to pay for the added cost of business.
    Better Living Through Regulation - DNC



  3. #3
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    Quote Originally Posted by MrVicchio View Post
    No, it's going to provide MILLIONS with healthcare! That's right, millions. Of course, most of those will be newly unemployed as small businesses start firing people to pay for the added cost of business.
    It's going to put more people in the welfare line. That's the objective, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  4. #4
    Sage
    Erod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    North Texas
    Last Seen
    05-25-18 @ 01:19 PM
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    13,733

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    How long until people realize that Obama is actually TRYING to ruin the economy for his own idealogical purposes? Government-dependent people is his ultimate goal. He might as well office in Havana. That sounds crazy, but it's true.

  5. #5
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    I pay my employees enough to get thier own damn health insurance or choose not to have it. It's gonna suck for them when I have to reduce thier wages to avoid this crap.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  6. #6
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I pay my employees enough to get thier own damn health insurance or choose not to have it. It's gonna suck for them when I have to reduce thier wages to avoid this crap.
    I was thinking the same thing. Employer's that currently don't offer healthcare benefits are going to cut their employee's salaries to afford this or lower the amount of employee's they have.

    If health care reform is going to go through it should be a option along side private healthcare not a requirement for anyone.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  7. #7
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    I was thinking the same thing. Employer's that currently don't offer healthcare benefits are going to cut their employee's salaries to afford this or lower the amount of employee's they have.

    If health care reform is going to go through it should be a option along side private healthcare not a requirement for anyone.



    Not only is thier pay going to be cut, they will be forced into my infierior plan.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

  8. #8
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 10:27 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    85,169

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    I pay my employees enough to get thier own damn health insurance or choose not to have it. It's gonna suck for them when I have to reduce thier wages to avoid this crap.
    That's what I'm talking about!
    Quote Originally Posted by americanwoman View Post
    So there is absolutely no evidence this woman, whom you called a slut, did this but you are ready to take someone's word as evidence. Guess you don't think witch hunts have to end when it's going after the certain people.

  9. #9
    Sage
    Gibberish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Last Seen
    12-23-12 @ 08:29 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    6,339

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend_Hellh0und View Post
    Not only is thier pay going to be cut, they will be forced into my infierior plan.
    That might not be true in all cases. When I first met my wife she was forced to obtain her own insurance and she had to pay $350 a month for a crappy HMO that practically only covered routine check up.

    The options for single individual private insurance is crap unless you can throw over $500 a month at it.
    "Gold gets dug out of the ground in Africa, or someplace. Then we melt it down, dig another hole, bury it again and pay people to stand around guarding it. It has no utility. Anyone watching from Mars would be scratching their head."
    - Warren Buffett

  10. #10
    Sage
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    I love your hate.
    Last Seen
    05-21-18 @ 01:59 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    79,753

    Re: Small Business Faces Big Bite

    Quote Originally Posted by Gibberish View Post
    That might not be true in all cases. When I first met my wife she was forced to obtain her own insurance and she had to pay $350 a month for a crappy HMO that practically only covered routine check up.

    The options for single individual private insurance is crap unless you can throw over $500 a month at it.




    It all depends. I give my employees enough to pay that $500 or more.
    You should try to remember, ideas are conveyed by researching information, vetting sources, and confirming said information. Not by regurgitating talking points given to you by your "news" station.
    Don't hate me 'cause I'm beautiful, but hate me all the more.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •