Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 307

Thread: House bill would make health care a right

  1. #181
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    I have a relative who went bankrupt because of an "unexpected" health bill. He was self employed, with pre-existing health problems that made him all but uninsurable; any policy he might have gotten would have cost way more than he could afford.
    The question is: Was he uninsurable or did he not try hard enough? I've found companies that are the same price as a typical family major med. plan with the same benefits of that family plan. is it expensive for an individual? Yes, but less expensive than bankruptcy and a breath of fresh air to people who stuck in there and talked to me.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  2. #182
    Advisor Birdzeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Coast - mid Atlantic
    Last Seen
    12-10-16 @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    341

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    [quote=LaMidRighter;1058141284]
    The question is: Was he uninsurable or did he not try hard enough? I've found companies that are the same price as a typical family major med. plan with the same benefits of that family plan. is it expensive for an individual? Yes, but less expensive than bankruptcy and a breath of fresh air to people who stuck in there and talked to me.
    Maybe you should talk to people who have multiple chronic health problems (pre-existing conditions) and hear what their experiences were, in terms of being rejected by insurance companies, and, when accepted, the costs they had to pay as a percentage of their income.

    Too many conservatives seem to assume that all, or most of the uninsured are that way because they preferred to spend their money on vacations and SUVs rather than insurance, when the choice really was between spending it on insurance and spending it on other necessities - like food and rent.

  3. #183
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    12-25-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    You're a pretty weird person.
    "Other people" provide quite a lot for you every day. Military and police protection, fire protection, paved roads, water, sewage and electricity. Do you fuss about paying the taxes that furnish these services? Yet you have a problem with the most important service of all, the one that will keep your miserable heart beating in the event of a medical crisis. Go figure.
    ROFL.
    This is too easy.

    Its the role of the government to enforce the laws they make, thus police.

    Its the role of the government to protect our interests by having a Military for our defense.

    Edit: **** I didn't realize I was this many pages behind already.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  4. #184
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    [quote]
    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post

    Maybe you should talk to people who have multiple chronic health problems (pre-existing conditions) and hear what their experiences were, in terms of being rejected by insurance companies, and, when accepted, the costs they had to pay as a percentage of their income.
    I'm an agent, it's my job to get clients covered, so yes, I have dealt with people who were denied to PEC's, and most of them qualified under the aforementioned plan, one guy had multiple cardiological problems and was on about five to six disqualifying meds. of the twelve he took, and he was a candidate. Again, many people just give up when there are options out there.

    Too many conservatives seem to assume that all, or most of the uninsured are that way because they preferred to spend their money on vacations and SUVs rather than insurance, when the choice really was between spending it on insurance and spending it on other necessities - like food and rent.
    Again, I am an agent and have personally seen this happen, it's not an assumption.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  5. #185
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    12-25-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    [quote=Birdzeye;1058141293]
    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post

    Maybe you should talk to people who have multiple chronic health problems (pre-existing conditions) and hear what their experiences were, in terms of being rejected by insurance companies, and, when accepted, the costs they had to pay as a percentage of their income.

    Too many conservatives seem to assume that all, or most of the uninsured are that way because they preferred to spend their money on vacations and SUVs rather than insurance, when the choice really was between spending it on insurance and spending it on other necessities - like food and rent.
    Funny, I don't recall my employer based health plan asking me any questions about pre-existing conditions.

    They also covered my wife's pre-existing pregnancy.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  6. #186
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post

    Funny, I don't recall my employer based health plan asking me any questions about pre-existing conditions.
    That's the beauty of group coverage, it's a nice umbrella for people who have health problems, it's also a curse for the healthier in the group.

    They also covered my wife's pre-existing pregnancy.
    Now THAT"S a good company, they could have taken a pass on that one.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  7. #187
    Sage
    Caine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Last Seen
    12-25-17 @ 01:52 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    23,336

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by LaMidRighter View Post
    That's the beauty of group coverage, it's a nice umbrella for people who have health problems, it's also a curse for the healthier in the group.

    Now THAT"S a good company, they could have taken a pass on that one.
    It was Aetna.
    "I condemn the ideology of White Supremacy and Nazism. They are thugs, criminals, and repugnant, and are against what I believe to be "The American Way" "
    Thus my obligatory condemnation of White supremacy will now be in every post, lest I be accused of supporting it because I didn't mention it specifically every time I post.

  8. #188
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,381

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    And would Jefferson had said the same thing while seeing children dying from hunger or lack of health care in the richest country in the world? If you say yes, then you think he's a ****ing bastard.
    You hear that everyone? I'm a bastard because I'm not generous with other people's money.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  9. #189
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It was Aetna.
    Yeah, they are good, I haven't heard any complaints about them.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

  10. #190
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 03:34 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,381

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by Birdzeye View Post
    Too many conservatives seem to assume that all, or most of the uninsured are that way because they preferred to spend their money on vacations and SUVs rather than insurance, when the choice really was between spending it on insurance and spending it on other necessities - like food and rent.
    Because most of them are. Besides, the AMA and medicare drive up prices for all of us. Government creates the problem, and now it wants to fix it. Unfortunately this is not unprecedented.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •