Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 307

Thread: House bill would make health care a right

  1. #171
    Tavern Bartender
    Constitutionalist
    American's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    76,306

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you are ok with kids starving that is good to now.



    I love when people ask me this question, It is the main reason why I don't submit my name for an award recognition at this site, because I love how many people automatically assume because I am a liberal and haven't done anything for my country.

    I am retired army, served a total of 20 years 7 months.

    Next Question?
    Good, then give away your ****ing retirement pay to the children!
    "He who does not think himself worth saving from poverty and ignorance by his own efforts, will hardly be thought worth the efforts of anybody else." -- Frederick Douglass, Self-Made Men (1872)
    "Fly-over" country voted, and The Donald is now POTUS.

  2. #172
    User C. Gerstle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Southeast US
    Last Seen
    08-21-10 @ 12:44 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    106

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    [QUOTE=Don't Tase Me Bro;1058137211 they are going to **** our entire health care system ]

    Our health care is already ****ed up. The leading cause of bankrupcy in America is an unexpected health bill, and most of these people had health insurance.

    Answer this: Does the son of the CEO of Walmart deserve better health care than the son of a single mom working double shifts at McDonalds?

    You think about that.

    I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours. -Stephen Roberts

  3. #173
    Advisor Birdzeye's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    East Coast - mid Atlantic
    Last Seen
    12-10-16 @ 09:51 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    341

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    [quote=C. Gerstle;1058141219]
    Quote Originally Posted by Don't Tase Me Bro;1058137211 they are going to **** our entire health care system

    Our health care is already ****ed up. The leading cause of bankrupcy in America is an unexpected health bill, and most of these people had health insurance.

    Answer this: Does the son of the CEO of Walmart deserve better health care than the son of a single mom working double shifts at McDonalds?

    You think about that.
    I have a relative who went bankrupt because of an "unexpected" health bill. He was self employed, with pre-existing health problems that made him all but uninsurable; any policy he might have gotten would have cost way more than he could afford.

    Then he had a stroke. The good news is that he survived, albeit with some disabilities. The bad news is that his medical expenses bankrupted him.

  4. #174
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Oooh Jefferson, I love Jefferson:




    and this, one of my favorites



    You are so full of fail.... it's pathetic...


    The first object of human association [is] the full improvement of
    their condition." --Thomas Jefferson: Virginia Protest, 1825.

    -says not that the government is the answer, he was speaking of individuals.



    "The only orthodox object of the institution of government is to
    secure the greatest degree of happiness possible to the general
    mass of those associated under it." --Thomas Jefferson to M. van
    der Kemp, 1812.

    - Show that this happiness is by infringing on liberty and the individual. show once that he was speaking as government being the answer.



    "It will be said that great societies cannot exist without
    government." --Thomas Jefferson: Notes on Virginia, 1782.


    -No ****, we did not establish an anarchy



    "This I hope will be the age of experiments in government, and
    that their basis will be founded in principles of honesty, not of
    mere force." --Thomas Jefferson to John Adams, 1796.

    -That "experiment" is that of liberty, the opposite of a soft tyrrany....


    "We exist, and are quoted, as standing proofs that a government,
    so modeled as to rest continually on the will of the whole
    society, is a practicable government." --Thomas Jefferson to
    Richard Rush, 1820.



    -Again so full of fail its rediculous. his view of "practical government" was government that "governs the least"


    "The best government is that which governs least." -hdt



    and this, one of my favorites
    Quote:
    "The greatest good we can do our country is to heal its party
    divisions and make them one people." --Thomas Jefferson to John
    Dickinson, 1801.



    That's funny coming from a one sided "true believer" lefty such as yourself.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  5. #175
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's amazing that people try to make themselves experts on only letters written from people in the past.

    By that regard if people were to have read every letter in the past from me to others, they would come to the conclusion I am a catholic. However, since I am an agnostic and haven't written many letters since then that would be false conclusion.

    Amazing how people can consider themselves experts on what people have written without knowing the person.




    It's even more amazing when people speculate on what people of the past didn't say, as if its more of an authority than what they did say...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  6. #176
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post

    I love when people ask me this question, It is the main reason why I don't submit my name for an award recognition at this site, because I love how many people automatically assume because I am a liberal and haven't done anything for my country.

    I am retired army, served a total of 20 years 7 months.

    Next Question?



    Actually, it has nothing to do with you being a liberal. it's how you bait your fellow vets in order to bash them with this...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  7. #177
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You claim logical fallacy against me, but that first means that you know for SURE what Jefferson believes. I wasn't aware you knew Jefferson personally so how can you say FOR SURE what he believes or doesn't believe in?



    This is pathetic and peurile reasoning...
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  8. #178
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by formerroadie View Post
    And would Jefferson had said the same thing while seeing children dying from hunger or lack of health care in the richest country in the world? If you say yes, then you think he's a ****ing bastard.



    This is no better.
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  9. #179
    ANTI**ANTIFA
    ReverendHellh0und's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Temple of Solomon
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 06:23 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    75,680

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by Ethereal View Post
    I wonder what Jefferson would think if I showed him the obesity rates for Americans, or told him that millions of people make a conscious decision not to purchase health insurance, or if I told him we subsidized health care for illegal immigrants?

    Jefferson would probably tell Americans to stop living such ****ty and irresponsible lifestyles and to stop expecting the massive centralized authority (we all know how much Jefferson loved those) to provide health care for them.

    You see, unlike Barack Obama, Thomas Jefferson was a principled bastard who told people how it really was. Thomas Jefferson would laugh at the idea of nationalized health care and he would spit on Barack Obama.

    Of course, being the quintessential anti-Federalist, Jefferson seems like a natural supporter for nationalized health care. You make great points!





    OWNED......
    Let evil swiftly befall those who have wrongly condemned us

  10. #180
    Klattu Verata Nicto
    LaMidRighter's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Louisiana
    Last Seen
    07-21-17 @ 02:42 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    30,534

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    [quoteC. Gerstle;1058141219] Our health care is already ****ed up. The leading cause of bankrupcy in America is an unexpected health bill, and most of these people had health insurance. Oh where to begin? Okay, first of all, every bankruptcy in America comes from bad financial planning, every single one. If you owe money on a truck, car, and house and have no insurance, and no savings or backing investments, and something bad happens, you will be broke. Hospitals will make payment plans if you can cover them, if your bills are crushing, and you did not buy health insurance when you could, it's your own fault and NOT the job of the rest of us to bail you out, it's illegal and thus NOT the job of these crooks in Washington D.C. to force us to pay for your bad decisions either. I am a Life/Health agent and have seen some of these "poor" people who can't insure themselves, they have overextended themselves on every luxury possible and make more than I do currently but have less for it, and more liabilities, but you advocate that the government squeeze me out of a segment of my market AND take more of my income to pay for it, so you'll have to excuse me if I think much less of you and wish ill of you.

    Answer this: Does the son of the CEO of Walmart deserve better health care than the son of a single mom working double shifts at McDonalds?
    If he can pay for it, yes.

    You think about that.
    There's nothing to think about, UHC/NHC is horrible and never works in countries the size of ours, it's ILLEGAL for the federal government to mandate it or provide it, it will be MORE expensive and LESS available. Get it yet?
    Last edited by LaMidRighter; 07-17-09 at 09:45 AM.
    Neither side in an argument can find the truth when both make an absolute claim on it.

    LMR

Page 18 of 31 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •