Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 160 of 307

Thread: House bill would make health care a right

  1. #151
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    I'm saying that when people write something AT SOME TIME, doesn't reflect who they are when they die.

    Again I submit myself, I have written letters and people would say I am a catholic, but if I were to die tomorrow, they would never know I ma an agnostic.

    Are you saying that written letters say who a person is their entire life?

    Sorry, but a letter reflects who they were at the time they wrote the letter only.

    It doesn't reflect their beliefs at death for certain. Things change.
    No, I'm trying to say that you can't just blow off written works.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

  2. #152
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by phattonez View Post
    No, I'm trying to say that you can't just blow off written works.
    So you are saying that what a person writes is the same way he is feeling at death? Can you say that?

    Yet again, if people to read my written works I would be a catholic, that doesn't mean that is what I am now an agnostic.

    Written, doesn't mean what they actually were.

  3. #153
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you are ok with kids starving that is good to now.



    I love when people ask me this question, It is the main reason why I don't submit my name for an award recognition at this site, because I love how many people automatically assume because I am a liberal and haven't done anything for my country.

    I am retired army, served a total of 20 years 7 months.

    Next Question?
    Who reached you and made you a traitor, which is what Democrats and liberals are?

  4. #154
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by WillRockwell View Post
    Nuclear sub captain eh? Sure you were, just like Scorpion is a "test pilot instructor"
    Hmm....I don't recall mentioning my rank.

    Captain is kinda low.

    Call me "Yahweh".

  5. #155
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Who reached you and made you a traitor, which is what Democrats and liberals are?
    Calling me a traitor, a personal attack which is against forum rules, shows that you are losing the debate.

  6. #156
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    It's amazing that people try to make themselves experts on only letters written from people in the past.
    Take it up with your buddy Will. He was the one posting things out of context.

    My only purpose in posting the whole of Jefferson's letter (if it is the whole), was to provide enough context to show that Will was using a standard deceit tactic.

  7. #157
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    Take it up with your buddy Will. He was the one posting things out of context.

    My only purpose in posting the whole of Jefferson's letter (if it is the whole), was to provide enough context to show that Will was using a standard deceit tactic.
    You already lost the debate in calling me a traitor, I am retired Army and have served my country quite well even during times I have not agreed with it's decisions, I will not respond to your comments until you have apologized for your obscene comments.

  8. #158
    Banned
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Last Seen
    09-22-10 @ 04:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    11,430

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Calling me a traitor, a personal attack which is against forum rules, shows that you are losing the debate.
    No.

    You invited me to ask another question.

    You didn't specify topic.

    Now. We all know that stealing money from people and forcing them to pay for their health car isn't any form of a right the Founders of this country would find acceptable. They had doctors in the 18th Century, and they had doctor bills in the 18th Century, and they had people that couldn't pay doctors in the 18th Century, and their solution to the health care crisis they faced was to ignore it completely and write the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to cover that and any other silly issues the people might ignorantly think the federal government should attend to.

    How about addressing that basic essential fact of American history?

  9. #159
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow Akhbar View Post
    No.

    You invited me to ask another question.

    You didn't specify topic.

    Now. We all know that stealing money from people and forcing them to pay for their health car isn't any form of a right the Founders of this country would find acceptable. They had doctors in the 18th Century, and they had doctor bills in the 18th Century, and they had people that couldn't pay doctors in the 18th Century, and their solution to the health care crisis they faced was to ignore it completely and write the Ninth and Tenth Amendments to cover that and any other silly issues the people might ignorantly think the federal government should attend to.

    How about addressing that basic essential fact of American history?
    You'll have to show me where I agreed with that in the first place.

    I didn't agree with the patriot act, which most of you did.

    I didn't agree with Bush and his bailouts.

    I didn't agree with Obama and his bailouts.

    So please explain to me what I agreed with again? You got caught in your partisan ****head tactics and can't admit when you are wrong is what has happened.

    Why can't you admit you were partisan and admit you were wrong about me?

  10. #160
    Traditionalist
    phattonez's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    Last Seen
    12-05-17 @ 03:45 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Other
    Posts
    20,072

    Re: House bill would make health care a right

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    So you are saying that what a person writes is the same way he is feeling at death? Can you say that?

    Yet again, if people to read my written works I would be a catholic, that doesn't mean that is what I am now an agnostic.

    Written, doesn't mean what they actually were.
    No, not necessarily, but what Jefferson wrote was about what he meant during those formative periods.

    Who shall ascend the hill of the Lord? And who shall stand in his holy place? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to what is false, and does not swear deceitfully. Psalm 24
    "True law is right reason in agreement with nature . . . Whoever is disobedient is fleeing from himself and denying his human nature [and] will suffer the worst penalties . . ." - Cicero

Page 16 of 31 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •