Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 97

Thread: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

  1. #71
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Wait, no, they're freeing up a person's choice to carry...I don't understand.
    In reference to the abortion portion of that article.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  2. #72
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    The bill doesn't differentiate between either institution... And it shouldn't. If you're responsible enough to conceal carry in a place that serves alcohol.. why shouldn't you be allowed to carry in a place specifically intended for distribution / consumption of alcohol?
    Because a restaraunt that happens to serve alcohol is not the same as a bar.

    A Bar you go there to drink usually, a place that happens to just serve alcohol, you most likely won't drink there.

  3. #73
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Because a restaraunt that happens to serve alcohol is not the same as a bar.

    A Bar you go there to drink usually, a place that happens to just serve alcohol, you most likely won't drink there.
    I goto bars a lot with my friends. I don't drink, because I'm the designated driver.

    You're falling into the same slippery slope that the other guy who argued against it in this thread fell into.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  4. #74
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    Because a restaraunt that happens to serve alcohol is not the same as a bar.

    A Bar you go there to drink usually, a place that happens to just serve alcohol, you most likely won't drink there.
    If you cannot drink while carrying, why does it matter?

  5. #75
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    The bill doesn't differentiate between either institution... And it shouldn't. If you're responsible enough to conceal carry in a place that serves alcohol.. why shouldn't you be allowed to carry in a place specifically intended for distribution / consumption of alcohol?
    Keep in mind that individual establishments can still ban firearms from their property.

    This is like a smoking ban being lifted. Now the business owner can decide to allow it or not.

    How is that anything other than a pro-choice position?

  6. #76
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Today @ 01:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,324

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    People being strapped in a bar could have a positive effect on the gene pool.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  7. #77
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Keep in mind that individual establishments can still ban firearms from their property.

    This is like a smoking ban being lifted. Now the business owner can decide to allow it or not.

    How is that anything other than a pro-choice position?
    Correct.

    There are two arguments in this thread, one is for the government intervention in healthcare / abortion... and the other is for gun owners rights.

    One is the government reaching for more power, and the other is the government letting go of power / giving it back to the citizens / businesses.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  8. #78
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Goobieman View Post
    If you cannot drink while carrying, why does it matter?
    You aren't supposed to drink and drive either, but people do.

    I'll compromise and just say that if you are caught carrying while drinking I hope they treat it as harshly as a DUI.
    Last edited by TheNextEra; 07-14-09 at 01:25 PM.

  9. #79
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Last Seen
    08-29-17 @ 09:28 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    16,575

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Keep in mind that individual establishments can still ban firearms from their property.
    Ok, then I will change my opinion on that then. If the owners can still decide that they don't want firearms in their establishments I am ok with that then.

  10. #80
    Banned Goobieman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Last Seen
    03-22-15 @ 02:36 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    17,343

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by TheNextEra View Post
    You aren't supposed to drink and drive either, but people do.
    Yes... and?

    If you're going to base your argument on the assumption that people are going to break the law, then the entire discussion is meaningless -- if people are just going to break the law, they're already carrying guns into bars.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •