Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 97

Thread: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

  1. #41
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Blackdog View Post
    Then you will be waiting a long time as this has been legal in other states for awhile. Guess what? No bar room blood bathes because of CC holders.
    I hope not. But that one instance that occurs, I hope it is not a friend of mine or a family member that gets shot. I hope no one ever gets shot. But what I do know is that I would never put that risk into play in the first place. Just like I would not let my kid play in the street because no one has ever been hit on that street.

  2. #42
    Sage
    Dav's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia
    Last Seen
    04-16-16 @ 02:36 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Right
    Posts
    5,539

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Would I be wrong? I'm for constitutional rights, period. If you seek to impose limits, or waits, or restrictions upon constitutional rights.. you are in fact encroaching on our freedoms, are you not?

    Lets try gay marriage, abortion... oh, and lets stick in hate crime legislation for the liberals.. we all know how you whiny conservatives are with "well they did this and that!"... They all encroach on our freedoms for their agenda... For the conservatives they're always trying to force their morals upon society... for the liberals their always trying to force their "fair" attitude upon society. Neither party is good... plain and simple.

    You can disagree with me all you want until you start trying to take away my or fellow citizens rights. Hell I'll even stand up for your right to disagree with me... until you take action to infringe upon my rights.
    Thank you for ignoring all 3 of my points

  3. #43
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Jerry View Post
    Real people aren't acting out your imaginings, though....at least not any more than they did while a ban was in place.
    And I hope they never do. But it still does not make it smart legislation.

  4. #44
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by danarhea View Post
    CCW holders are still human.
    What's your point? If you can't be responsible in society, then you should be punished for your irresponsibility.. that's why we have jails, tickets, and fines.

    You don't encourage responsibility by removing people's rights.

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    I am not emotionally arguing anything. If you cannot see the potential problems that may arise from this, then I hope you are never in a position of responsibility. And again, I have never supported any type of gun control, even the AWB. I simply think there must be limits. And people may not intend to get drunk, but people can be having a good time, have a few, someone bumps into them, and everyone starts shooting.

    Or perhaps, you are not drinking. But another guy is, he is big and drunk and mean and wants to kick your ass, and you know he can. How simple it would be to pull that gun out and shut his mouth. You can say this is fantasy or whatever, but this is irresponsible and if you have any sense at all, you realize that there is risk.
    Sure you are, you've presented hypothetical and emotional evidence that is not supported by fact.

    There are 34 other states that have the same laws, and there are no blood baths in their bars / restaurants. You're grasping for straws... because you have nothing to argue with.

    The law states that people will not be allowed to drink, period. If they do drink while they're CCW'ing in an establishment, punish them for their crimes. Until then, you have no right to impose limits on my rights to carry a firearm for self defense of myself, my friends, my family, or other citizens.

    Because of my training (to get my ccw card) I understand the laws of using lethal force to stop a threat... Being threatened about having my ass kicked doesn't give me the right to shoot someone... But.. again, nice hypothetical... it seems all you can afford to bring to the table.
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  5. #45
    Global Moderator
    Moderator

    Zyphlin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    NoMoAuchie
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    47,960

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Screw the democrats interfering with my medical well being, having doctors tell me what procedures I'm allowed to have and when, and having the government dictate how, when, and where I'm having my procedures being done! How dare those democratic assholes, don't they know only conservatives get to tell us that!

    Seriously, if any conservative tries to go into a UHC thread and bitch about the slippery slope precent it presents I'm going to point to this thread, laugh in their face, and ignore them like the hypocrites they are. We can ignore the slippery slope in this case because hey, its abortion, and we hate abortion, so screw our other principles, grrrr....but if the DEM'S bring it up, WOOO BOOY, are we going to be whiny and bitchy then!

  6. #46
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!
    stevenb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Gilbert, Az
    Last Seen
    11-28-09 @ 08:32 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    1,560

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav View Post
    Thank you for ignoring all 3 of my points
    *yawn*
    George Washington didn't use his freedom of speech to win the war with Britain... He shot them.

  7. #47
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    United States
    Last Seen
    01-21-16 @ 12:21 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Independent
    Posts
    51,124

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by tlmorg02 View Post
    And I hope they never do. But it still does not make it smart legislation.
    Since you aren't backing up anything you say and your paranoid delusions have been proven false in many other states, I've lost all respect for your position here.

    You have no credibility on this issue. I strongly suggest going outside for some fresh air.

  8. #48
    King Of The Dog Pound
    Black Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Last Seen
    @
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    34,513

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by Zyphlin View Post
    Screw the democrats interfering with my medical well being, having doctors tell me what procedures I'm allowed to have and when, and having the government dictate how, when, and where I'm having my procedures being done! How dare those democratic assholes, don't they know only conservatives get to tell us that!

    Seriously, if any conservative tries to go into a UHC thread and bitch about the slippery slope precent it presents I'm going to point to this thread, laugh in their face, and ignore them like the hypocrites they are. We can ignore the slippery slope in this case because hey, its abortion, and we hate abortion, so screw our other principles, grrrr....but if the DEM'S bring it up, WOOO BOOY, are we going to be whiny and bitchy then!
    It is a 24 hour waiting period and needing parental approval for minors in one state. If that is what the state wants then so be it. I think this is a state issue anyway.

    I just don't see it as a big to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moot View Post
    Benjii likes the protests...he'd be largely irrelevant without them. So he needs to speak where he knows there will be protests against him and that makes him responsible for the protests.
    Quote Originally Posted by Absentglare View Post
    You can successfully wipe your ass with toilet paper, that doesn't mean that you should.

  9. #49
    Guru
    tlmorg02's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    Last Seen
    07-23-15 @ 11:48 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Liberal
    Posts
    3,347

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    The law states that people will not be allowed to drink, period. If they do drink while they're CCW'ing in an establishment, punish them for their crimes. Until then, you have no right to impose limits on my rights to carry a firearm for self defense of myself, my friends, my family, or other citizens.
    Best argument that you have presented. I will back down, as it is true there are no stats that show an increase in bar room deaths. If the laws are enforced on the drinking and carrying then it should be fine. I just think it seems a little wreckless.

  10. #50
    Sage
    Ikari's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Colorado
    Last Seen
    12-08-17 @ 01:05 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian - Left
    Posts
    54,124

    Re: Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Quote Originally Posted by stevenb View Post
    Governor signs bills on guns, abortion

    Seriously?

    The party of liberty / freedom, and all they ****ing worry about is imposing their moral beliefs on society? Jesus ****ing christ. The repukes wonder why everyone hated them this last election cycle. blah.

    This also gives doctors / pharmacists the right to deny you treatment / plan b (cause plan b is abortion)... alsdfkjasldfkjasdflkjasdflkjasdlfj ****ing idiot ass conservatives.


    CCW in bars / restaurants is a great thing, hopefully now we'll not have anymore mass murders like in lubbock or liddy I can't remember Texas where a gunman went into a Luby's and opened fire. Keeping in mind that CCWers can't drink.. and well.. they have to have a legal CCW.. in the state.
    Well the minor thing, you always have to get parental consent to do any amount of surgery. Maybe they can make it with some way around in case someone wants to get an abortion and their parents don't want them to. That's the only thing I see as a bad possibility. But they are having a rather major medical practice performed, and for the vast majority of those things, that requires parental consent. I'm not too upset about that.

    Doctors/Pharmacists the right to deny plan B is also dependant upon situation. I'm not so sure about the doctor part, but for private business I think a pharmacist can choose or not choose what they sell in their own store. Now I say if some guy owns a pharmacy and wants to sell Plan B, any pharmacist who works there has to sell it because it's no longer their store and they have to go with the wishes of the property owner. But for the property owner themselves, I think they should be free to make the decision for themselves. I think it's their right to sell or not carry any legal product they wish.

    Concealed carry needs to be expanded and made easier. Quite honestly, I view open carry and concealed carry as the base situation. I don't see how the State can forbid either one as the individual has the right to to keep and bear arms. I would have long ago abolished most of the laws against open and conceal carry and the norm would be that if the property owner allows it on their property, even if that property is a bar, then you are allowed to carry your gun onto that property. Now this law can't force people to allow guns on their property. If a property owner, such as a bar owner, does not want to allow guns on their property, I think it is their right to deny that. You have to post that guns are not allowed on your property (this doesn't stop the property owner themselves from having guns mind you, just that other people can't bring their guns onto the owner's property), but the choice is up to the property owner.
    You know the time is right to take control, we gotta take offense against the status quo

    Quote Originally Posted by A. de Tocqueville
    "I should have loved freedom, I believe, at all times, but in the time in which we live I am ready to worship it."

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •