Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829
Results 281 to 290 of 290

Thread: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

  1. #281
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsavich View Post
    I get that.

    What you don't get is that calling somebody wrong, (which you did) when they are not wrong (which he wasn't), makes you wrong.

    There is no middle ground when you call somebody wrong- either you are right, and they are wrong, or you are wrong, and they are right.
    And then (like in this case) there is political correctness, where an answer can be both right and wrong. Politically, its wrong. Factually, its right.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  2. #282
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houghton, Michigan
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    98

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    And then (like in this case) there is political correctness, where an answer can be both right and wrong. Politically, its wrong. Factually, its right.
    You made no mention of political correctness until you were called out on your ignorance. Hell, you didn't even know it was a possible spelling until he explained- so how could you know something was politically incorrect (assuming that spelling is politically incorrect, which I won't get into here), if you didn't even know what it was?

    You were wrong when you told him he used the wrong initials. He was right.

    Now you try and twist what you meant so that "everybody can be right!". Truth doesn't work this way- if you say somebody is wrong, and they are right, then you are wrong.

    I'm not going to argue with you. You've proven yourself in the past to be incapable of following logic or accepting your mistakes without some sort of cover or excuse, so I'd be wasting my time. I've pointed out the blatant stupidity, time to move on.

    /discussion
    Last edited by Bootsavich; 07-23-09 at 04:14 AM.

  3. #283
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsavich View Post
    You made no mention of political correctness until you were called out on your ignorance. Hell, you didn't even know it was a possible spelling until he explained- so how could you know something was politically incorrect (assuming that spelling is politically incorrect, which I won't get into here), if you didn't even know what it was?

    You were wrong when you told him he used the wrong initials. He was right.

    Now you try and twist what you meant so that "everybody can be right!". Truth doesn't work this way- if you say somebody is wrong, and they are right, then you are wrong.

    I'm not going to argue with you. You've proven yourself in the past to be incapable of following logic or accepting your mistakes without some sort of cover or excuse, so I'd be wasting my time. I've pointed out the blatant stupidity, time to move on.

    /discussion
    You know, I'm in economics right now, and the answer I keep getting is: there are almost always multiple answers. Now, some people might not be able to comprehend that sort of thing, but don't worry, you'll get it eventually. Someone doesn't necessarily have to know all viewpoints and outcomes when answering a question, sometimes all you need is one. In thhis instance, I knew one and he knew one. Its really as simple as that, and the question ended up being not A or B but All of the Above.

    I might have been wrong in my initial thinking that he was wrong, but that doesn't mean what I was saying is wrong, same obviously goes for him.

    Now I hope you are done wasting everyone's time pursuing a mistake that I'm sure you will make countless times.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  4. #284
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    You know, I'm in economics right now, and the answer I keep getting is: there are almost always multiple answers. Now, some people might not be able to comprehend that sort of thing, but don't worry, you'll get it eventually.
    I honestly can't express to you how poorly this comes across.

    Someone doesn't necessarily have to know all viewpoints and outcomes when answering a question, sometimes all you need is one. In thhis instance, I knew one and he knew one. Its really as simple as that, and the question ended up being not A or B but All of the Above.

    I might have been wrong in my initial thinking that he was wrong, but that doesn't mean what I was saying is wrong, same obviously goes for him.

    Now I hope you are done wasting everyone's time pursuing a mistake that I'm sure you will make countless times.
    You ridiculed someone because you thought they misspelled Osama's name. In reality, they were well aware that he went by both Osama and Usama and were consciously using Usama. You came across looking foolish, which is what generally happens when you belittle others. Accept that you made a mistake and just let it go. Arguing about it only serves to drive home negative impressions.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  5. #285
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    I honestly can't express to you how poorly this comes across.



    You ridiculed someone because you thought they misspelled Osama's name. In reality, they were well aware that he went by both Osama and Usama and were consciously using Usama. You came across looking foolish, which is what generally happens when you belittle others. Accept that you made a mistake and just let it go. Arguing about it only serves to drive home negative impressions.
    I know it came across wrong.

    I did admit I was wrong that he as wrong, but I'm not wrong that his name, in terms of political correctness, should be OBL, instead of UBL.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  6. #286
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    I'm not wrong that his name, in terms of political correctness, should be OBL, instead of UBL.
    Where on earth are you getting this? How does "political correctness" come into play?

    His initials are UBL. That's how our intelligence agencies spell it. Most people know him as OBL, because "Osama" is easier for retarded newscasters to pronounce than "Usama." See SotomayOR, J.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  7. #287
    Advisor Tubub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Last Seen
    05-22-13 @ 03:31 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Moderate
    Posts
    521

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Alright, I am officially unsubscribing to this thread. Do any of you guys realize you are all wasting your time? Who ****ing cares whether it is UBL or OBL, Jesus Christ....


    And Repeter, stop trying to cover your ass. You were both esentially right, yeah... but try not to be so smug about it and act like other people are so naive when compared to your infinite wisdom. Your 15 man, don't be such a wise ass.
    “Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checked by failure...than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.”
    -TR

  8. #288
    User
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Last Seen
    12-19-09 @ 04:30 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Conservative
    Posts
    26

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    A plan to eliminate our enemies?

    Those dastardly bastards!

  9. #289
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    Where on earth are you getting this? How does "political correctness" come into play?

    His initials are UBL. That's how our intelligence agencies spell it. Most people know him as OBL, because "Osama" is easier for retarded newscasters to pronounce than "Usama." See SotomayOR, J.
    Well, if Apdst was right about OBL being the less offensive word, it is automatically more politicall correct then UBL, which offends people because it has the same first letter as the USA....
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #290
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Tubub View Post
    Alright, I am officially unsubscribing to this thread. Do any of you guys realize you are all wasting your time? Who ****ing cares whether it is UBL or OBL, Jesus Christ....


    And Repeter, stop trying to cover your ass. You were both esentially right, yeah... but try not to be so smug about it and act like other people are so naive when compared to your infinite wisdom. Your 15 man, don't be such a wise ass.
    Well of course I'm not going to stop. Since I am 15, I have a right to a certain level of ignorance, so I'll keep going until Boots or Rightin stop. They are older and wiser, no?

    And I'm not being smug about it, and sorry if it came across like that.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 19272829

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •