Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast
Results 271 to 280 of 290

Thread: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

  1. #271
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    You said all that and didn't produce a single link? OMG!!!.

    Want something more recent? No-prob-Bob.
    You need a link to explain the flaws in your logical reasoning?

    You can post your docs anytime you like. I look forward to reading them. Thank you for being a worthy adversary, as well.
    I'm not the one claiming that I have any idea what happened to him. I'm simply pointing out that citing a dozen reports most of which disagree with each other doesn't do much to strengthen your case.

    The fact of the matter is that what we know is that Bin Laden was alive in 04, and was likely alive for some substantial period of time after that. Whether or not he is still alive, nobody knows. To claim otherwise is foolish.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  2. #272
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by apdst View Post
    Oh, you don't like that site? Well, gee, Wally. Let's try these:

    What's the, "C", in CNN for? Conspiracy?
    CNN.com - Karzai: bin Laden 'probably' dead - Oct. 6, 2002

    Here's another one. CNN probably lied to protect Bush.
    CNN.com - Magazine runs what it calls bin Laden's will - Oct. 26, 2002

    This is my fav. It's an actual FBI agent saying that UBL is meat for the worms!
    BBC NEWS | South Asia | Bin Laden 'probably' dead

    Here's one from Fox showing UBL's will, all written out in Arabic, or whatever. Or, is it, "FAUX", News in your world?
    FOXNews.com - Report: Bin Laden Already Dead - U.S. & World

    And, last, but certainly not least, here is Musshariff saying that he thinks UBL is toast. Shall I post Banazir Bhutto's interview, too?
    CNN.com - Pakistan's Musharraf: Bin Laden probably dead - January 18, 2002
    What I think is just hilarious, is that you don't even know his initials. 3 times you said "UBL" when his initials are OBL.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  3. #273
    Girthless
    RightinNYC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    New York, NY
    Last Seen
    01-23-11 @ 11:56 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Slightly Conservative
    Posts
    25,894

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    What I think is just hilarious, is that you don't even know his initials. 3 times you said "UBL" when his initials are OBL.
    uh...


    Because there is no universally accepted standard in the West for transliterating Arabic words and names into English, bin Laden's name is spelled in many ways. The version often used by most English-language mass media is Osama bin Laden. Most American government agencies, including the FBI and CIA, use either "Usama bin Laden" or "Usama bin Ladin", both of which are often abbreviated to UBL.
    Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Full name is Usāmah bin Muḥammad bin `Awaḍ bin Lādin
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

  4. #274
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by RightinNYC View Post
    uh...




    Osama bin Laden - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

    Full name is Usāmah bin Muḥammad bin `Awaḍ bin Lādin
    Hehe, can't find the foot-in-mouth smilie.

    I didn't actually know his name in Arabic/actual translation was Usamah.

    Stupid Public School Education
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  5. #275
    Sage
    apdst's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bagdad, La.
    Last Seen
    Yesterday @ 08:52 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Very Conservative
    Posts
    76,465

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    I prefer to use, "UBL", because several years ago someone got their panties in a knot over it because Usama started with, "USA", and they found that offensive. It's the reason you'll never hear any reporter use Usama. The offensive nature of it is exactly the reason I use it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat View Post
    At least Bill saved his transgressions for grown women. Not suggesting what he did was OK. But he didn't chase 14 year olds.

  6. #276
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houghton, Michigan
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    98

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    Hehe, can't find the foot-in-mouth smilie.

    I didn't actually know his name in Arabic/actual translation was Usamah.

    Stupid Public School Education
    Yeah, blame the public school system for why you tried to insult somebody for supposedly not knowing something when it was you, in fact, who was uninformed.

    If there's one thing my public school education taught me, it's realizing that I am far from knowing anything and it's much better to ask questions than loose accusations.

  7. #277
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsavich View Post
    Yeah, blame the public school system for why you tried to insult somebody for supposedly not knowing something when it was you, in fact, who was uninformed.

    If there's one thing my public school education taught me, it's realizing that I am far from knowing anything and it's much better to ask questions than loose accusations.
    In fact, I was not wrong. He simply wasn't wrong either. And he was politically incorrect (in America).

    And if there's one thing public school taught me......oh, nevermind...
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  8. #278
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houghton, Michigan
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    98

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    What I think is just hilarious, is that you don't even know his initials. 3 times you said "UBL" when his initials are OBL.
    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    In fact, I was not wrong. He simply wasn't wrong either. And he was politically incorrect (in America).

    And if there's one thing public school taught me......oh, nevermind...
    You said he was wrong.

    He was right. Even you admit this now.

    That means you were wrong.

    Understand?

  9. #279
    Guru
    repeter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    California
    Last Seen
    07-15-14 @ 12:06 PM
    Gender
    Lean
    Centrist
    Posts
    3,445

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by Bootsavich View Post
    You said he was wrong.

    He was right. Even you admit this now.

    That means you were wrong.

    Understand?
    No, I'm still right. His initials are in fact OBL (which I originally knew) and UBL (which I now know) ergo, we both had the right answer, just different ones.
    Veni. Vidi. Vici.
    -Gaius Julius Caesar
    The Only Thing to Fear is Fear Itself.
    -Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  10. #280
    User
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Houghton, Michigan
    Last Seen
    11-07-09 @ 12:12 AM
    Gender
    Lean
    Libertarian
    Posts
    98

    Re: C.I.A. Had Plan to Assassinate Qaeda Leaders

    Quote Originally Posted by repeter View Post
    No, I'm still right. His initials are in fact OBL (which I originally knew) and UBL (which I now know) ergo, we both had the right answer, just different ones.
    I get that.

    What you don't get is that calling somebody wrong, (which you did) when they are not wrong (which he wasn't), makes you wrong.

    There is no middle ground when you call somebody wrong- either you are right, and they are wrong, or you are wrong, and they are right.

Page 28 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1826272829 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •